AKguy

Petition sent to Moscow

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Petition was sent to Moscow on Feb 19th.

And I used to worry that this might take a long time... Holy #######.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So are you going from "oh, I don't have to clean or do anything, she won't be here for a while" to "oh #######, gotta burn the house down, pronto?" :)

Congrats, Shawn. It's nice to see that NVC is on the ball too :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
So are you going from "oh, I don't have to clean or do anything, she won't be here for a while" to "oh #######, gotta burn the house down, pronto?" :)

Congrats, Shawn. It's nice to see that NVC is on the ball too :)

Actually, I remember thinking this at this point, too.

Not to be a downer, but remember that the government does nothing fast. It will probably take a month before the embassy posts an interview date. Then the interview will be a couple months out.

So, congrats and hope it's going well. But there is some waiting yet to go.

Timeline

Burning the house down would be the easy part! :D

A little tiny speed bump wouldn't be bad.

Edited by AKguy

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Burning the house down would be the easy part! :D

A little tiny speed bump wouldn't be bad.

I take it all back. It's now more like, "This Dude is Toast!!!"

You are just now realizing that she is really going to be coming over forever along with her 220 VAC waffle maker to bang you on the head whenever she feels like.

You are so Toast!

(How's that Slim for getting a thread back on track?!!)

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Wouldn't that make me a waffle? :rolleyes:

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Awesome news bratha!!!

You're flying right through!!!! I meant to say "Congrats" in the other thread about dropping the news to your kids. Very happy for you!

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Timeline
I don't think it'll take a month. 3 weeks on the outside, start looking for it in 2.

And congratulations!!

Maybe not. Just saying that it did for us. I actually remember calling the embassy a month after we received the notice that the petition had been sent to the embassy. They claimed to have not received the petition yet. It was another two weeks before anything was posted.

(How's that Slim for getting a thread back on track?!!)

Not bad. The waffle maker thread is still one of my top 10.

When I was in your shoes AK, I think my wife also felt the heat because right about then we both started talking about pushing the date back. We delayed the interview for a few weeks and then she didn't fly over here for a few months. Not that we were surprised by how quick it went through but neither one of us was really on the ball about completely changing our lives like, right now!

Take your time. No need to rush. You have the rest of your lives to drive each other nuts. No need to hurry.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I feel your anxiety - being a typical caveman, my home decorating scheme works for a guy who's been single for quite a while. When I ask questions about what color Svetla would like the bedroom to be so I can get the painting done, she insists that I not do anything until she arrives. The same thing goes for curtains, carpets and the garden - what a woman! In the interest of full disclosure I also informed here that the place had not been updated in some 15 years so there is a lot to keep her busy, if she wants.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the embassy in Moscow to acknowledge receipt of the documents from the NVC. Stupid question to follow, so appologies in advance....

Do we wait for the embassy to contact us before we complete the visa application, or.... Do we complete the visa application and send it to the embassy first.....

Of course the interview scheduling site at the embassy is down for repair....

Any help would be appreciated.

I feel your anxiety - being a typical caveman, my home decorating scheme works for a guy who's been single for quite a while. When I ask questions about what color Svetla would like the bedroom to be so I can get the painting done, she insists that I not do anything until she arrives. The same thing goes for curtains, carpets and the garden - what a woman! In the interest of full disclosure I also informed here that the place had not been updated in some 15 years so there is a lot to keep her busy, if she wants.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the embassy in Moscow to acknowledge receipt of the documents from the NVC. Stupid question to follow, so appologies in advance....

Do we wait for the embassy to contact us before we complete the visa application, or.... Do we complete the visa application and send it to the embassy first.....

Of course the interview scheduling site at the embassy is down for repair....

Any help would be appreciated.

My place was up to date, but I left the patio and flower beds completely empty. Vika was thrilled, and my neighbors went from teasing me because it looked from outside like no one lives here, to hee-hawing about how now it DEFINITELY looks like a woman is in residence. The place does look great.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

The visa application is complete already. Moscow doesn't require a package 3/4 like some other embassies do so it's not like she has stuff to fill out and send back. However, you do have to get your financial documentation (I-134, paycheck stubs, bank letter, tax info, etc.) in order and send it to her and she has to get her police record and a medical check plus any other supporting documentation and "proof" of your relationship.

Pretty simple, really, just follow the guides section and stop listening to those in K-1 forum because from this point on, you're Moscow specific.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
from this point on, you're Moscow specific.

Very true. Know that the DS-156K form, where she'll list all those K-2 kids coming along with her!!!, is in Russian and is to be filled out in Russian.

She should get a copy in her packet to be mailed to her, but just in case it gets lost, you can only download a copy from the Embassy Website.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline
The visa application is complete already. Moscow doesn't require a package 3/4 like some other embassies do so it's not like she has stuff to fill out and send back. However, you do have to get your financial documentation (I-134, paycheck stubs, bank letter, tax info, etc.) in order and send it to her and she has to get her police record and a medical check plus any other supporting documentation and "proof" of your relationship.

Pretty simple, really, just follow the guides section and stop listening to those in K-1 forum because from this point on, you're Moscow specific.

OK. We are in the same boat now I hope. DOS told our papers were mailed to Moscow on 3/4/2010. Not that I believe that info after all I've heard from them. Anyway, the police record is obtained last month and she passed medical in Moscow just before the new year. Sure we want to have her interview ASAP.

What is next for us? Should she file K156 right now? Or embassy should send her something with the date of the interview?

I want to get her out of St.-Petersburg before all that snow melts and her house is flooded! There is a record snow fall there this year. There is a seaport though. The hope is there in case no plane would be able to land to pick her up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.