Viki

Hello!!! Uzbekistan???

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Hi, everyone!!!!!

:help:

Hope to find someone who can give me advice (consular wasn't too helpful)...

I'm turning 25 in August & I need to change my passport, but the thing is , I came here on visa K-1 &still have registration in Uzbekistan. My questions are:

1 can I change my passport without loosing my registration in Uzbekistan & in the same time being permamemt resident in USA

2 do I have to be registered in Uzbek conslular department

3 & does it really take 7 months to do this????

Thanks a lot!!!!!!! :luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

don;t know exactly what you mean. My soon to be wife is from Uzbekistan and I know she had to update her passport at 25 years of age. I think this is what you are talking about???

In any event, if you are in the US to be married then you have no problems. Uzbekistan does not allow for dual citizenship so the moment you left for USA... your Uzbek passport went bye bye. That is what my fiance tells me. She said she can not have dual citizenship.. she already checked.

Hope this helps.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_uzbek_2fagm.gif

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Viki,

Did you ever get an answer to your question? My fiancee has the same issue as you, turns 25 and needs to renew the passport. When she arrives here, her passport will expire in about 1 year. Can you get it renewed at the Uzbekistan consulate in NYC or Washington DC?

She would not be a US Citizen for several years and thus would not have the chance to get a US Passport until then. I would think she would still be considered a Uzbekistan citizen until that time?

I am just wondering if she would be able to visit her family in the time between arrival on K1 and getting US Citizenship.

Thanks,

Patrick

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Timeline
Hi, everyone!!!!!

:help:

Hope to find someone who can give me advice (consular wasn't too helpful)...

I'm turning 25 in August & I need to change my passport, but the thing is , I came here on visa K-1 &still have registration in Uzbekistan. My questions are:

1 can I change my passport without loosing my registration in Uzbekistan & in the same time being permamemt resident in USA

2 do I have to be registered in Uzbek conslular department

3 & does it really take 7 months to do this????

Thanks a lot!!!!!!! :luv:

Wow .. there are over 370 views to this post .. but so little response ... There must be some good experience behind those 370 views or lessons learned to share ...Where are you ????

• 4 months later...
Timeline
Hello I am looking for people to chat with about Uzbekistan Consulate. I am hoping to get my fiancee here soon. :thumbs:

Did you receive any help? What questions do you have.. Wher are you now in the process??

Hi,

I am Doug ... my wife is Larisa...(Mooshka)

Mooshka and her 17 year-old daughter arrived from Tashkent on April 29th.

Mooshka and I were married on May 9th...and on June 2nd we have a new little Uzzzz beki in our home

Our little Becky (Rebecca) was born two days ago in Minneapolis. Mother and baby are home and doing great..

Let me know if there is anything that you think we can do to help you and your finacee...

Respectfully,

Doug

• 7 months later...

Here is another person with this issue. :)

My wife's Uzbek passport will expire in May. We are hopefully wrapping up her AOS--sending off response to RFE this friday.

I think the basic question is: Does she need an Uzbek passport to travel? I would imagine that russia is the same on this issue.

And the next question is: Does she need to return to Uzbekistan to get her passport renewed.

She has been here 10 months if that comes into play.

Thanks all!

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

My fiancee is Uzbek and live is Prague. she has explained to me that Uzbekistan has a stamp for entry and exit. If the entry has expired then when you go back you will be detained for questioning on why you let it expire. She let hers expire with the expectation that her K-1 will be approved and she enters to marry me. But if she decides to go back to Uzbekistan with the passport she has it will cause problems. She needs to get her citizenship here and get her US passport. Then she needs to denounce Uzbekistan as her country, which could take a year. once she is no longer and Uzbek citizen she can travel to Uzbekistan without problems. As far as turning 25, her friend who is also Uzbek had to go back to Uzbekistan. From what I understand thats is what is required. Can not go to Uzbek Embassy to do it. I may be wrong though.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello! I have been talking about this on the Russia forum...too bad we are not on the same forum!

Anyway are you talking, Viki, about your internal passport (if such a thing exists in Uzbekistan, as it does for Russia) or your zagranpasport (external?)

My husband just got a new Russian zagranpasport thru the consulate here but I am not sure how it works with Uzbekistan. Also he will have to update his internal passport soon, going back to Russia to do it.

Edited by chili74

February 3, 2005. Applied for K-1.

July 14, 2005. Email to NVC congressional unit

Nov 2, 2005. Letter to congressman

Nov 8, 2005. Letter from congressman

December 19, 2005. Visa interview in Moscow. (250 days at NVC)

January 27, 2006. POE: JFK.

April 8, 2006. Wedding in USA.

April 19, 2006. Apply for AOS.

July 12, 2006. AOS Interview.

February 26, 2008. Letter to congresswoman.

March 19, 2008. Conditional Permanent residence began!!

2009: Wake up and get on the uscis train again - lifting conditions

Dec 21, 2009. Eligible to apply to remove conditions

February 2010: 10-yr Green Card Received

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Timeline

This is an old post but we find ourselves in a similar situation. My wife is from Uzbekistan and her UZB passport expires 02/03/2012; HOWEVER, her UZB exit visa expires 3/27/2011. Her US permanent resident card expires 11/17/2011.

We are worried about being able to visit her family in UZB sometime between March and November of 2011. Even though her passport isn't expired, does anyone know if UZB will deny her return to the US after March 2011?

Oh - I should also mention that all calls to the DC UZB office have been unsuccessful. We are unable to leave a message after it says "please leave a message." Emails and faxes have gone unanswered. The NY UZB office says we have to speak to the DC UZB office.

Edited by Shaun Cole

si96b1sqs.png

Marriage

2009-06-18 Met

2009-07-18 Engaged

2009-08-12 Married

Medical

2009-08-19 Medical (1st visit)

2009-08-19 Medical (1st visit)

2009-08-20 Medical (2nd visit) [immunizations]

2009-08-22 Medical (3rd visit) [Follow-up for TB Test]

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

2009-08-22 AOS Packet sent!

2009-08-25 Packet signed for per USPS.gov

2009-08-31 Checks cashed!

2009-09-03 Received receipts for all documents

2009-09-08 Received Biometrics appointment for 2009/10/01

2009-10-01 Biometrics appointment completed.

2009-10-02 Received email I-131 (Travel) Approved

2009-10-02 Received email I-765 (Work/Ead) in production

2009-10-08 Received paper AP (I-131)

2009-10-09 Received EAD card

2009-10-16 Received Interview notice for 11/17

2009-11-17 15 Minute Interview & Approval!!! Woot!

2009-11-27 Green Card Received

Removal of Conditions (ROC)

2011-08-17 Mailed I-751

2011-08-22 USPS shows I-751 delivered

2011-08-26 Check to USCIS cleared bank

2011-08-27 Received NOA dated 2011-08-23

2011-09-10 Received Biometrics dated 2011-09-07, scheduled for 2011-10-04

2011-09-21 Early BIO completed in Atlanta, GA - No problems

2012-06-04 Received Text/Email notification of Card Production.

2012-06-09 Received new GC! Expires in 2022! Woot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.