12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

Does anyone know if most notaries can be found working in banks? My SO needs to find one in Asuncion, Paraguay but where should he begin looking?

May 2nd - Sent I-129F to Vermont

May 13th - NOA1

June 23rd - recieved RFE (IMBRA)

June 24th - Sent back RFE

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 10th - NOA2 notice via email

July 14th - NOA2 via snail mail

July 14th - petition mailed thru DHL to Asuncion, PY

Week of July 17th - Embassy received my petition

July 24th - beneficiary receives packet 3

July 27th - medical exam

Aug 7th - interview - approved :)

Aug 11th - picked up his visa

Aug 21st - purchased plane ticket!

Aug 30th - reunion day :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Does anyone know if most notaries can be found working in banks? My SO needs to find one in Asuncion, Paraguay but where should he begin looking?

Each country has its own rules, I guess. In Brazil, we have to go to tabeliães/notários públicos to have certified copies or have our signatures notarized.

I just did a quick search on Google and I guess it works kind of the same way there.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
I just did a quick search on Google and I guess it works kind of the same way there.

Where did you search in Google? I've been trying to search for one in Asuncion and came up with nothing. I wish Paraguay had more websites! :wacko:

May 13th - NOA1

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 27th - medical exam

Timeline

Where did you search in Google? I've been trying to search for one in Asuncion and came up with nothing. I wish Paraguay had more websites! :wacko:

I searched for "notario publico" asuncion. I didn't come up with any addresses or anything, but I didn't really look hard enough. I just wanted to know whether they had notaries there.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
I searched for "notario publico" asuncion. I didn't come up with any addresses or anything, but I didn't really look hard enough. I just wanted to know whether they had notaries there.

Oh, I'm sure every country has them, it's just in PY it's more like you know someone because so and so told you about them (all through connections), I wish it was easier for those who aren't so connected!

May 13th - NOA1

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 27th - medical exam

Timeline

Oh, I'm sure every country has them, it's just in PY it's more like you know someone because so and so told you about them (all through connections), I wish it was easier for those who aren't so connected!

I don't know how it works in Paraguay. In Brazil, we go to these big offices they have and do it in like, 10 minutes tops. I think your fiance will have no problem finding one. :)

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

So... I found a link to this site: http://www.cep.org.py/ - Colegio de Escribanos del Paraguay. I found it through the association of notaries in Brazil. Maybe it'll help you.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
So... I found a link to this site: http://www.cep.org.py/ - Colegio de Escribanos del Paraguay. I found it through the association of notaries in Brazil. Maybe it'll help you.

thanks Mew, nice searching skills....

May 13th - NOA1

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 27th - medical exam

Timeline

thanks Mew, nice searching skills....

:thumbs:

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Are legalized and notarized synonyms? Birth certificates have to be legalized I believe. My fiance has to travel all the way to Paraguay to have his "legalized" at one of the Ministerios, I'm not sure which one.

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Timeline
"Are legalized and notarized synonyms? Birth certificates have to be legalized I believe. My fiance has to travel all the way to Paraguay to have his "legalized" at one of the Ministerios, I'm not sure which one."

"Oh and do get a legalized copy of his birth certificate, just in case. He may or may not need it, but better be safe than sorry. He'll have to go to Direccion Del Registro Civil or Ministerio del something (sorry, I forget where), they're the only ones who can legalize it."

I'm confused! I thought legalized and notarized were the same...but maybe it's something different in Paraguay. The embassy said that if I need a certified copy of his birth certificate "to use in the United States" I can get it ceritifed at the embassy..for $30. Now, would an embassy certification be more "legit" here than from an unkown notary? I'll probably end up doing this because there's going to be such limited documents that he'll have to prove his identity here in the states. I was looking at the Registry of Motor Vehicles for Massachusetts and I don't think we even have the list of documents (as proof of identification) that he'll need to get a license (we'll have to get creative) and I figure a US Embassy certified birth certificate is pretty good!

Where did your fiance here about a legalized copy needed from the Ministerio? I don't think they ever mentioned that to us. Did they tell him that in Buenos Aires?

May 13th - NOA1

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 27th - medical exam

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Can I just tell you how jealous I am? The embassy at Asuncion just plain rocks. I can't believe how helpful they are! The Buenos Aires embassy is terrible. They never answer e-mails, and when they do, they give very vague information and contradict themselves. They also charge $8 per phone call.

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.