4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So I need to get additional evidence out to USCIS because we didn't prove sufficient joint responsibilities and indebtedness. Here is what I'm sending and some concerns about certain pieces of evidence I tried to collect:

-copy of new driver's licenses with new addresses (had sent ones with the old address previously)

-letter from landlord stating that she knows we live together (she actually lives on adjacent property)

-federal tax transcripts from 2007 & 2008

-most recent car insurance policy listing both of us (only for a period of six months)

-printed out log from the car insurance company showing when I added him as a driver (because they couldn't provide me with something similar as above for earlier time periods)

-print out from YMCA showing our family membership (also showing his and my birth dates and join dates...though mine was first since I opened account before he was here)

-a couple of months' worth of family plan cell phone bills

-also want to call Tmobile to see if they'll fax over something regarding my changing from individual to family plan

Things I'm not sure about sending or things I couldn't get:

-one of those standard leases (don't actually have a lease with landlord, but she'd fill one out for me for immigration)

-a letter from Citibank stating that husband is an authorized user (I had to fight to get them to send me something, expected something as detailed time-wise that I got from the YMCA and car insurance and instead got a half-a$$ed letter just stating that...and I previously sent in copies of our cards w/ same account number)

-had sent in copies of our AAA card and figured they could also give me some more detailed account info showing our names together, but they couldn't

-an affadavit from the director where I work who is also a friend (feeling reticent about sending this because while she's my supervisor now, she's also a friend and gained her knowledge re: our marriage through her latter role...and because I am unsure about sending an affadavit without back up)

Thoughts on what I'm not sure about? Does this look like an okay list?

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline

Also, we JUST applied for a credit card for which I am the account user and he the authorized user...it should arrive before I mail this stuff off. Should I include photocopy of that? Just wonder because of the timing...don't want it to look like we were scrambling to create more joint responsibilities, but we indeed just decided to transfer a high interest balance to a new card,

Letters, cards addressed to both of you.

Junk mail sent to your address (either to each one of you or individual pieces)

Medical insurance cards?

If you have work insurance plans, letter(s) designating each other as beneficiary (401k, life insurance...)

Copies of federal taxes for 2009? (include W-2s)

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

I will have a looksie to see if I can find pieces of mail addressed to both or either of us.

But no medical insurance together (can't afford the family plan through my employer), no 401K or anything (my employer doesn't offer that) and taxes aren't done for 2009 (always have to wait until late March for a few pieces of information).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.