hath

Q 10 and 11 in I-129F form

13 posts in this topic

please this is an urgent question...i am the us citizen... want to know wether to put my number certificate and date ...in both question 10 and 11 in part A of form I-129f or what ?? by the way i am a us citizen by birth. please someone to clarify it to me

Edited by hath

please this is an urgent question...i am the us citizen... want to know wether to put my number certificate and date ...in both question 10 and 11 in part A of form I-129f or what ?? by the way i am a us citizen by birth. please someone to clarify it to me

Please follow the sample I-129F below as a guide. On item number 10, you need to cross "birth" and enter your birth certificate number, issue data and place. I don't see anything on item number 11 which talks about citizenship issue.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-129F.pdf

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Q10 you cross 'birth' if you are a USC by birth. As in the example form there is no need to answer anything further as the number refers to a naturalization certificate. It is not as clearly shown to be referring to this on the I-129F as it is on the I-130.

As for question 11. Have you filed a petition for this or another before. Answer yes or no.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

SORRY i want to mean that shall i put my nummber certificate place and date was issued in the item Q 10 form I-129f in the both boxes OR just fillllll out the second box???

Cross the "Birth" box and put your certificate number, place of issue and date of issue. You need to fill the first box only. Please follow the sample form from the link that I provided earlier.

NVC Process of I-130:

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

SORRY i want to mean that shall i put my nummber certificate place and date was issued in the item Q 10 form I-129f in the both boxes OR just fillllll out the second box???

Cross the "Birth" box and put your certificate number, place of issue and date of issue. You need to fill the first box only. Please follow the sample form from the link that I provided earlier.

simple_male

The certificate number is not required of tha USC birth certificate, as is also indicated on the example form. It is only required for a naturalization certificate.

hath

check the box that indicates that you are a USC by birth if that is the case. The rest is left blank. As simple_male stated, follow the example form given in the link he provided.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

simple_male

The certificate number is not required of tha USC birth certificate, as is also indicated on the example form. It is only required for a naturalization certificate.

hath

check the box that indicates that you are a USC by birth if that is the case. The rest is left blank. As simple_male stated, follow the example form given in the link he provided.

Aussie,

Item Number 10 asks for "Give number of certificate, date & place it was issued." It does not say that it is applicable for the naturalization certificate only. So I think, it is appropriate to enter those info for the birth cartificate as well, unless somewhere in the instruction it says that it is applicable for the naturalization certificate only. Is there anywhere on the instructions which says not to enter those info for the birth certificate? Maybe I did not see that on the instructions.

NVC Process of I-130:

simple_male

hath

Aussie,

Item Number 10 asks for "Give number of certificate, date & place it was issued." It does not say that it is applicable for the naturalization certificate only. So I think, it is appropriate to enter those info for the birth cartificate as well, unless somewhere in the instruction it says that it is applicable for the naturalization certificate only. Is there anywhere on the instructions which says not to enter those info for the birth certificate? Maybe I did not see that on the instructions.

The same question is also asked on the I-130 and as I said in a prior post it is much clearer in that instance what is required. Hence why also the example I-129F form states (ONLY required for the naturalization certificate)

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

simple_male

hath

Aussie,

The same question is also asked on the I-130 and as I said in a prior post it is much clearer in that instance what is required. Hence why also the example I-129F form states (ONLY required for the naturalization certificate)

Ok. I checked my own I-130 and I saw that the I-130 is very clear here whereas the I-129F is not. I hope, they will be okay, if someone does not enter the birth certificate's info. I would personally enter my birth certificate's info on I-129F, as it did not specify that it is applicable to naturalization certificate only. But I think, it is not a big deal.

NVC Process of I-130:

simple_male

hath

Aussie,

Ok. I checked my own I-130 and I saw that the I-130 is very clear here whereas the I-129F is not. I hope, they will be okay, if someone does not enter the birth certificate's info. I would personally enter my birth certificate's info on I-129F, as it did not specify that it is applicable to naturalization certificate only. But I think, it is not a big deal.

No, not a big deal but it does cause confusion ;)

Another example is if one looks at UDALL's questionaire for the I-129FHERE

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

simple_male

hath

Aussie,

Aussie,

This is interesting. Someone should point this out to USCIS. I personally don't like to leave any blank unless I am 100% sure. To be sure aboutit, we should find it out from a born US Citizen who submitted I-129F and did not enter the birth certificate info and the I-129F was not returned for leaving the blank. USCIS will have the copy of the birth certificate anyway and therefore will have all the info that they need. TO be on safeside, I would fill the blank with the birth certificate info until I am 100% convinced that it is not needed.

NVC Process of I-130:

Filed: Timeline

simple_male,

Me, for one. (But in general one cannot go by one test case, or by 1000 test cases for that matter.)

Yodrak

Aussie,

.... To be sure about it, we should find it out from a born US Citizen who submitted I-129F and did not enter the birth certificate info and the I-129F was not returned for leaving the blank. ....

Edited by Yodrak

simple_male

hath

Aussie,

Aussie,

This is interesting. Someone should point this out to USCIS. I personally don't like to leave any blank unless I am 100% sure. To be sure aboutit, we should find it out from a born US Citizen who submitted I-129F and did not enter the birth certificate info and the I-129F was not returned for leaving the blank. USCIS will have the copy of the birth certificate anyway and therefore will have all the info that they need. TO be on safeside, I would fill the blank with the birth certificate info until I am 100% convinced that it is not needed.

I think you will find there are many members that dont and havent put their BC number. By checking 'birth' one has answered the question so there is no question left blank. Just as if one answers a certain way on other questions there is no need to put anything in other boxes regarding that same question. In over a year on VJ I have never noted an RFE for not putting the BC certificate number on the I-129F. From reading past posts, not every BC (dependant on US state issued) even has a number. The question as posed in the I-129F is confusing, hence why the example form has 'ONLY complete for naturalization' or words to that effect.

Hows things travelling for you anyways? Not had a PM from you in a while.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.