Miri25

Where will I be living?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello!

I got a question concerning the I-129F where you have to state where you will be living, when you come to the U.S. I don't quite know yet. I mean I know I will be living with my fiance, but he is looking into moving within the next 3-4 months. Which means he doesn't know yet where we will be living. I used to live at the same place as he does, but we're not planning to be there. Should I give that address anywhere? Or should I give the address of a friend of mine who offered me to live with her? But I'm not really planning to live with her, since I wanna be with my fiance. So I'm kind of confused and don't really know what to put in there. I mean this whole process is already pretty stressing for me and we haven't even filed yet. I always try to tell myself, once we have filed it is going to be better, because then we are in the process, but when I read the statements it doesn't seem to get easier (I mean for the feeling).

Thanks for your help!

Miriam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Put his current address down as where you will be living.

When you get to the interview you will have to fill out forms that will state where you will be residing, if the address where you and he will be living has changed tell them then.

Remember when you are finally in the states, you will have to report all address changes to USCIS then also.

Dont sweat the small stuff!!!

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline
Or should I give the address of a friend of mine who offered me to live with her? But I'm not really planning to live with her, since I wanna be with my fiance.

I'd put your fiance's current address..he hasn't moved yet! Then change it later. I'm looking to move soon and I never even considered it would be a problem...I mean what are they going to do, deny a visa because of a change of address? Plus I don't know how it would look putting a friend's address instead of the address of the person you're intending to marry.

May 2nd - Sent I-129F to Vermont

May 13th - NOA1

June 23rd - recieved RFE (IMBRA)

June 24th - Sent back RFE

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 10th - NOA2 notice via email

July 14th - NOA2 via snail mail

July 14th - petition mailed thru DHL to Asuncion, PY

Week of July 17th - Embassy received my petition

July 24th - beneficiary receives packet 3

July 27th - medical exam

Aug 7th - interview - approved :)

Aug 11th - picked up his visa

Aug 21st - purchased plane ticket!

Aug 30th - reunion day :)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello!

I got a question concerning the I-129F where you have to state where you will be living, when you come to the U.S. I don't quite know yet. I mean I know I will be living with my fiance, but he is looking into moving within the next 3-4 months. Which means he doesn't know yet where we will be living. I used to live at the same place as he does, but we're not planning to be there. Should I give that address anywhere? Or should I give the address of a friend of mine who offered me to live with her? But I'm not really planning to live with her, since I wanna be with my fiance. So I'm kind of confused and don't really know what to put in there. I mean this whole process is already pretty stressing for me and we haven't even filed yet. I always try to tell myself, once we have filed it is going to be better, because then we are in the process, but when I read the statements it doesn't seem to get easier (I mean for the feeling).

Thanks for your help!

Miriam

Hi Miriam, I dont think putting your friend address in the U.S.A is a smart idea. Yor friend is not your petitioner. It doesn't really matter if your fiancee is planning to move in to another house or place.

You still have to write his address and if he move to a new address contacting or calling the USCIS to inform of his new address. I think he have to request a form AR-11 (change of address form)

you can read at this below

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/fac.../G3_English.pdf

I hope this help!

My Daugther's IR2 Visa Timeline

October 03 -2011- Sent the Application for I-130 Package

October 07 -Receieved USCIS acceptance of Application by e-mail

October 12 -Received Notice of Action by Mail

April 27, 2012 -Finally Petition is approved!

May 03, 2012 -Received NOA 2 in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.