Laura_and_IanM

Returned RFE

9 posts in this topic

Ok, se we mailed back BOTH of our RFE's, and still NO update on the USCIS website in regards to even getting them. Now I am a bit concerned over this as most of you know, I am able to stay with Ian in the UK, therefore we are doing the paperwork from over here and my bestfriend back at home is forwarding everything to us. I called her on Saturday the 29th, and she said that the only thing she got was the letter stating that the I-130 was transferred to California which ironically, we ended up getting that day in the post.

Now I understand that you have to wait 30 days before you call, but I also know that there are crafty ways of getting answers from them..lol I know because I have done it before lol. I need some advice on what to do here. It wouldn't be so bad if I were in the States and was sending it from there because it is easier to track. Over here in the UK, yes you can post via registered/signed for, but the thing is, once it leaves the UK, you can no longer track it. There is no confirmation of them actually getting it.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks...

LJ

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you mail the RFEs from the UK? Or did you send them to your friend in the States first so she could resend them and have them postmarked from there? I'm not sure if this would make a difference, but ...

Don't fret about a lack of touching or updates. Sometimes these don't show up on your case status until after you've received an email or snail mail that they received something. Hang in there.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Did you mail the RFEs from the UK? Or did you send them to your friend in the States first so she could resend them and have them postmarked from there? I'm not sure if this would make a difference, but ...

Don't fret about a lack of touching or updates. Sometimes these don't show up on your case status until after you've received an email or snail mail that they received something. Hang in there.

Hiya hun! TO answer your question, because we have a place to go to when we go over to the states, we were able to start the immigration process here. Thus far we haven't had any problems.

Now, I have just called USCIS and they told me that it can take upto 60 days from them receiving the RFE to enter it in their system. Correct me here if I am wrong, but I read elsewhere that it was suppose to be 30 days?! Am I wrong on this??? I seriously hope that things are going to slow down again, not after getting my spirits up for being touched so much on the I-130 petition. WEEP!!

LJ

TIMELINE

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

I sent back RFE's for my 2 childrens AOS on 6th July, i'm still waiting for any type of touch/update for them to say that they have recieved it.

Even though USPS says it was delivered on 8th July

I called the USCIS mis-information line and they also told me that it can take upto 60 days for a touch/update to say they had recieved them.

Sorry i couldn't have been more help.

Ally

Edited by litlemo-nosleep

27/9/05 R.I.P. My sweet Dad

Timeline in profile

AOS K-1

11/03/06 Finally recieved Green Card

AOS K-2's, daughter & Son

06/05/06 mailed AOS froms to chicago

4/09/07 ...Greencards approved for both children...finally

Removal of conditions for me

09/02/08 USCIS recieves package

09/10/08 NOA1

10/01/08 Biometrics in WV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I should have known that it would do no good to call after 30 days like they suggested to me last week. Of course now, it's "Wait 60 days"....

There is still no confirmation that either of my 2 RFE's were received. And now, I know there's no point calling them again. So I won't waste my time.

There are several people waiting for their RFE's to be confirmed received. We've just got to assume they got there and it's just taking a while to get them all entered.

Don't lose faith yet! :no:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

How ironic, the day after I call USCIS to inquire about the status of my returned RFE's, today I get not one, not two, BUT THREE EMAILS confirming that they received them. HOW GREAT IS THAT??? lol I was getting so down because everyone kept saying they got their approvals shortly after they got their notices of being received....woooooohoooooooooooooo....

I can't help but keep my faith and spirits up!!

I smell an approval here soon....

LJ

TIMELINE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

That's great news! :D Maybe, just maybe, they'll get mine soon, too.....

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Congrats Laura! I got mine today as well. I thought I smelled something! :lol: Must be the winds of change and approvals wafting our way! Good luck!

Tracy yours is on its way! I would say by the end of the week since you called them after 30 days. Praying for you girl!

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.