thatbritishlass

I-129F address listings

10 posts in this topic

So I was filling out some of the Embassy forms I'm going to need when I get to that stage and noticed something on my I-129F that I can't believe I didn't notice before.

On my G-325A it asks for previous employment and address the past 5 years.

For my addresses I listed where I live now and my parents' address. I have lived in several other places (including the USA and France) but my credit cards, driving license, etc i.e. everything important, remained registered to those 2 addresses.

However in my employment listing I included my employment at Disney when I met my other half and when I worked in France. But I didn't provide addresses for those periods.

Whenever I've applied for background checks etc in the past I've never listed my addresses abroad, so it didn't even occur to me that the two pieces of information didn't add up.

Aside from the fact that I am absolutely kicking myself for being so unbelievably stupid (and the fact I didn't even notice til now) - are we totally screwed? Is this going to mess up our application?

From a very distressed Jess :(

Edited by Miss Jess

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Okay, fear not. You are still at the first part.

Honestly the only way to know for sure is to wait and see. You could get through now, but hit a wall once you're in the US, or at some other stage. I personally would start getting all the stuff together.

Are you the USC? Or the foreign one? If you're the foreign one, here is the UK embassy info: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=London which links the checklist for P3 which you'll get sent when your petition is approved (here: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html )

You can see it asks for the police checks at that stage. As you now know, if you were staying somewhere, and working there too, then you DID live there. Listing that you worked in France shows that you must have lived there too (unless you were commuting from your home in the UK) so it honestly depends on the person checking your file.

So here is what I would do. When sending in the paperwork for P3, I would include another G-325A with a letter explaining that you did not consider that you technically "lived" there but now realise that was an error. You should start obtaining the police certificates for ANY place you've lived for over 12 months. If it was less than 12 month then you don't need a police certificate from there.

You MAY get an RFE and you equally might not. I personally would try my best to fix it so it doesn't come back to bite you later.

Good luck. Maybe someone else has an idea too :D

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

You can see it asks for the police checks at that stage. As you now know, if you were staying somewhere, and working there too, then you DID live there. Listing that you worked in France shows that you must have lived there too (unless you were commuting from your home in the UK) so it honestly depends on the person checking your file.

So here is what I would do. When sending in the paperwork for P3, I would include another G-325A with a letter explaining that you did not consider that you technically "lived" there but now realise that was an error. You should start obtaining the police certificates for ANY place you've lived for over 12 months. If it was less than 12 month then you don't need a police certificate from there.

Honestly the only way to know for sure is to wait and see. You could get through now, but hit a wall once you're in the US, or at some other stage. I personally would start getting all the stuff together.

You MAY get an RFE and you equally might not. I personally would try my best to fix it so it doesn't come back to bite you later.

Good luck. Maybe someone else has an idea too :D

I'm the foreigner. I didn't live anywhere longer than 6 months, so a police cert not required. I knew that already and yet somehow I can't fill out a sodding form correctly.

Thank you for the help. Just struggling to come to terms with the fact that something I did is probably going to delay things even more and may put our wedding date in jeopardy. My friends call me 'Calamity Jess' because of my ridiculous bad luck, so I have very very little faith in this ending well unfortunately.

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

Lifting Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay, I'm Miss Jess' USC. Is there anyway that if filled out a new correct G-325A? Has anyone ever done this?

-Jason

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Mailed I-129F: November 16, 2009

I-129F Recieved: November 19, 2009

NOA1: November 20, 2009

Check Cashed: November 23, 2009

NOA2: March 1, 2010

Wedding Date: November 27, 2010

event.png

Timeline
Okay, I'm Miss Jess' USC. Is there anyway that if filled out a new correct G-325A? Has anyone ever done this?

I'm not sure what the rules are on Infopass... but perhaps you could make an infopass to get them the new info? Does anyone else know if that's okay?

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php that's the website for infopass.

I don't think this is a HUGE error to be honest. I would fill out a new one though and send it to your USC so he can make an infopass and hand it over (if you're allowed infopass at this stage.. i honestly don't know...). Can't hurt to try though.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

I'm not sure what the rules are on Infopass... but perhaps you could make an infopass to get them the new info? Does anyone else know if that's okay?

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php that's the website for infopass.

I don't think this is a HUGE error to be honest. I would fill out a new one though and send it to your USC so he can make an infopass and hand it over (if you're allowed infopass at this stage.. i honestly don't know...). Can't hurt to try though.

I think you're right...at least if we get an Infopass they can at the very least tell us what to do, even if they won't accept the G-325a...

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

Lifting Conditions

Timeline

Okay I called the Info line today and talked to one of the people there (1-800-575-5733). They said that I could send a letter explaining myself with a new G-325A and that would be added to our record. So it looks as though we should be able to hopefully submit it be able to avoid an RFE.

-Jason

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

event.png

Timeline
Okay I called the Info line today and talked to one of the people there (1-800-575-5733). They said that I could send a letter explaining myself with a new G-325A and that would be added to our record. So it looks as though we should be able to hopefully submit it be able to avoid an RFE.

I honestly wouldn't trust that person. The line is known as "the MIS-information line". I would try an infopass first.

Timeline
I honestly wouldn't trust that person. The line is known as "the MIS-information line". I would try an infopass first.

I don't see how to get threw to the infopass until after it gets out of the hands of Vermont

-Jason

event.png

Timeline

Okay I went to infopass and these are the choices:

1) Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

2) Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

3) EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

4) Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Okay... none of these fit what I am looking for... that is why I called. Any suggestions? If not I'm going to have to go with the information that I got from the phone call.

-Jason

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.