Keith & Xiang

Ever ponder this...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Anyone here ever ponder if the average U.S. Citizen marrying another U.S. Citizen had to go through what we go through to marry our soulmates from overseas or connecting countries, if they had to file all the paperwork, had to wait forever to hold their loved ones in their arms again, had to wait for permission from the government to marry. How many marriages would still take place and what would the divorce rate be?

Just a question that I've pondered the past few days. Now that packet #3 has been submitted, the day is drawing near when packet #4 will arrive and my soulmate will finally have her interview. All that I can say is for everyone to have patience and never give up!!! I'm very lucky in being able to talk to Xiang at least twice a day on the phone and being able to see her everyday on the web camera. She is one very special lady that I could never live without, she gives me life, she gives me strength, she makes me complete!!!!!!

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

2005-07-20 Sent Xiang first email

2005-11-19 Met Xiang in Nanning

2005-11-25 Asked for Xiang's hand in marriage

2006-02-21 Date I-129F Sent

2006-02-24 Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2006-03-15 Applied for Emergency Expedite

2006-04-03 Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2006-04-25 Date packet was sent from NVC to Guangzhou, China

2006-07-07 Date Xiang recieved Packet #3 from Guangzhou, China

2006-07-08 Date Xiang sent Packet #3 to the U.S. Consulate

2006-07-27 Date Xiang recieved request for biographical information on our daughter

2006-07-27 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate

2006-08-17 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate, again!

2006-08-21 Date Xiang called, faxed and mailed the U.S. Consulate the biographical information

2006-08-22 Email from the U.S. Consulate, they FINALLY received the G-325A form for our daughter!

2006-08-22 Waiting patiently for Packet #4 to arrive, bring my soulmate to my open arms!!!

2006-08-25 Packet #4 sent out from the U.S. Consulate, in transit to my baby!!!

2006-08-29 11:25pm Email from the U.S. Consulate, the interview date is October 17th!

2006-09-29 Medical examination for Xiang and our daughter Qi. Interview is just around the corner!

2006-10-16 11:15pm VISA APPROVED!!!!

2006-10-29 Xiang and Qi arrived in Detroit, immigrations 2 1/2 hours, finally holding my sweetheart in my arms.

2006-11-05 Exchanging our vows, what a beautiful day for our wedding!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is a very good question. Personally I don't think it would function as a filtering process for a greater purity of marriages as much as it would function as a splendid training for very explicit communication skills and, thus, would cause a decrease in divorce rates.

Anyone here ever ponder if the average U.S. Citizen marrying another U.S. Citizen had to go through what we go through to marry our soulmates from overseas or connecting countries, if they had to file all the paperwork, had to wait forever to hold their loved ones in their arms again, had to wait for permission from the government to marry. How many marriages would still take place and what would the divorce rate be?

Just a question that I've pondered the past few days. Now that packet #3 has been submitted, the day is drawing near when packet #4 will arrive and my soulmate will finally have her interview. All that I can say is for everyone to have patience and never give up!!! I'm very lucky in being able to talk to Xiang at least twice a day on the phone and being able to see her everyday on the web camera. She is one very special lady that I could never live without, she gives me life, she gives me strength, she makes me complete!!!!!!

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Dan & Sheryl (Twin Cities, MN and Calgary, AB Canada)

Feb 29 2004 - Met on LiveJournal.com

July 25 2005 - Things start to get 'romantic'

Nov 11 2005 - Met in person

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

March 6 2006 - I-129F sent

March 9 2006 - I-129F NOA1

June 10 Case Transfered to CSC - assured by USCIS that NOA1 date would be honored

July 3 2006 - IMBRA RFE in the mail

July 5 2006 - RFE sent with extra evidence (plane tickets, receipts, letters, emails, photos)

July 10 2006 - RFE received

Aug 8 2006 - Congressional inquiry - told 129F cases are processed based on IMBRA RFE

Sept 20 2006 - Called DHS - Was told another RFE was sent three weeks ago

Sept 21 2006 - Local USCIS office claims RFE is a request for 'initial' evidence - RFE must be lost or was never actually sent.

Sept 22 2006 - Congressional inquiry #2- told "We are working on your case, please allow 60 days" ARGGHH

Sept 26 2006 - 6 touches from all my investigating

Oct 16 2006 - Finally received the RFE that's been holding up our case. It's the IMBRA RFE that we already sent in and was verified received!

Oct 17 2006 - Senator Mark Dayton's office finally gets USCIS to pull out petition for special processing.

Oct 24 2006 - FINALLY APPROVED!

Jan 18 2007 - Interview in Vancouver / K-1 received

Jan 23 2007 - Sheryl enters the US with me

Feb 17 2007 - Wedding!

It is a very good question. Personally I don't think it would function as a filtering process for a greater purity of marriages as much as it would function as a splendid training for very explicit communication skills and, thus, would cause a decrease in divorce rates

I agree! SC and I have spent hours on the phone every single day... we wouldn't have spent so many hours just sitting and talking if we were side by side. There's a lot of things we wouldn't know about each other.

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This whole process has really taught me not to take anything for granted, it makes me cherish every single second I get to spend with him, even if its online.

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It is a very good question. Personally I don't think it would function as a filtering process for a greater purity of marriages as much as it would function as a splendid training for very explicit communication skills and, thus, would cause a decrease in divorce rates

I agree! SC and I have spent hours on the phone every single day... we wouldn't have spent so many hours just sitting and talking if we were side by side. There's a lot of things we wouldn't know about each other.

Good to see you posting again :) Hope you find something soon and that you're feeling better. :)

Joel and I talked everyday via computer...hours and hours. Communication was ALL we had for months! You learn a lot about someone that way. Sometimes we would use the webcam and it was awesome. The downside to that is, it makes you long for your beloved so much more...at least it did for me.

I've always thought that those of us going through this type situation, for the most part, have a better chance of making it simply because you have to talk and actually get to know each other between visits. I know there are a few int'l marriages that don't make it...but I think if the average US couple had to sit down and do nothing but talk (the way most of us do) I wonder how it would go for them. Good question Keith... :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Thanks! It's good to be back in action. My life got put on hold for SO long... I'll PM you. ;)

I think that longing is good. By the time he finally gets here I think I'll appreciate his presence much more than I ever would have under a normal situation... and really, being able to spend time together in person is something that most couples take for granted - we, hopefully, won't after this experience!

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.