RosaMystica7

G-325A questions

4 posts in this topic

1) I read in the RFE sticky that an overlap or gap in employment could lead to a RFE. Even a two month gap? As an example: Job#1 January - March, Job#2 June - December. In that case, would I need to use a third line saying NONE for March - June?

2) My fiance was employed by a temp job agency for a few months at one point. This was 4 - 5 years ago so he doesn't remember if they called him for any jobs or not. What should he do, should he put down the agency with "temp jobs" under occupation? He's not sure if he should consider that time to be unemployed since he doesn't remember if the agency ever called him for work or not.

3) The instructions say to list his employment for the last 5 years... so if he's had more jobs than can fit in those lines, does he stop when the lines run out or does he continue onto an attachment? He's already got one attachment since his middle name, Yves Louis Marie, doesn't fit into the middle name boxes, lol.

4) Can/Should volunteer jobs be listed?

5) Should jobs where I was hired off the books be listed? Like baby sitting, or working in a friend's store, where I paid no taxes and got paid cash out of a pocket? I mean, those places would have records of my employment, but technically... isn't being hired off the books illegal?

6) Is having unemployed periods seen as bad by anyone that looks over this application? I have this weird worry that they'll see lines that say "NONE" for a time period and our application will have more of a chance of getting denied or something.

Yes, I know I need to chill. :wacko::lol: Thanks for your patience!

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Yes one may receive an RFE for gaps in the 5 year period. I used the term 'Unemployed' on mine and all was good. Being unemployed for periods of time is of no consequence.

A suplementary page can be used if there is too many to list.

I wouldnt advise listing employment off the books

Only list employment. If there was no employment through the agency leave this time frame as 'unemployed'.

Just ensure there is no gaps.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

They are not going to put extensive effort into searching down your old jobs... at least I highly doubt it and know they didn't do that for us.

I would make as complete a list as possible, but only put down significant jobs. I would leave off such things as babysitting, etc.

I have always had several odd jobs in addition to whatever else I am doing. I just put my main jobs on the form and ignored the rest. Also, for several of my jobs I worked there off and on as I was in college and spending a lot of time in Ireland. I didn't bother to make the off and on part clear on the form, just listed the overall period of employment.

My (the USC) form had a large gap between December 2004-September 2005 (I was student teaching and then looking for a full time job but did not indicate this anywhere) and my husband's had several gaps and we were approved very quickly.

In the end you ave to do what you feel is right, the above is just to give you an example of what 1 couple did successfully.

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)

4-07-2006: Biometrics

6-07-2006: EAD approved!!

7-24-2006: AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

7-27-2006: Received Welcome to America letter

8-03-2006: Green Card Received :)

Yes one may receive an RFE for gaps in the 5 year period. I used the term 'Unemployed' on mine and all was good. Being unemployed for periods of time is of no consequence.

Thanks! For some reason I got worried that they'd see times of unemployment and think that we would be unable to work enough to support ourselves after he moved here. :huh: I think too much.

A suplementary page can be used if there is too many to list.

How would we go about organizing two supplementary pages, if that needs to be done? "See attachment" just barely fits into the middle name boxes on his form, so I don't think he'd be able to fit "see attachment 1" for his middle name. And if it did, where would we write "see attachment 2" for his list of jobs?

I would make as complete a list as possible, but only put down significant jobs. I would leave off such things as babysitting, etc.

:yes: Babysittng was just an example. I was thinking of a job he told me about, where he got hired off the books in his friend's store for a month. That had me wondering how specific and detailed this list has to be, and if it's safe to put down off the books jobs or not.

Also, for several of my jobs I worked there off and on as I was in college and spending a lot of time in Ireland. I didn't bother to make the off and on part clear on the form, just listed the overall period of employment.

I was employed as a substitute teacher's aide by a local school district for 2 years. Sometimes they only called me once a month... one time when I got sick for a while I didn't work at all... but I was employed by them, so I'm gonna put it down. At the same time, I did a lot of volunteer work in the Bronx... sometimes I was there 3 - 4 days a week! That was why I was wondering if I should put down volunteer jobs, because at times I spent more time in the Bronx than I did at home. :lol: I didn't get paid for my work in the Bronx though, except the $50/week I got during the summers.

My (the USC) form had a large gap between December 2004-September 2005 (I was student teaching and then looking for a full time job but did not indicate this anywhere) and my husband's had several gaps and we were approved very quickly.

Okay that's good, thanks! I'm only 21 years old (I'm the USC also), 5 years ago I was still in high school. I haven't gotten to work on my own G-325A yet because I'm hoping I'll have a new job by the time he prints his stuff out and mails it to me. But I figure I'm probably gonna have big gaps in my employment on there, and here I am worrying about a 2 month gap on his! Did I say I think too much? Well, I think too much. :lol:

In the end you ave to do what you feel is right, the above is just to give you an example of what 1 couple did successfully.

That's why I joined VJ, reading what other couples did successfully is a huge help. :D

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.