heartRN

WRONG DATE OF BIRTH

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yesterday after trying to call NVC all day, I finally got through. When they asked for my receipt number, Full name, and Date of birth so I guess they could check my petition, I was told that they date of birth that I gave them over the phone was not the one they had in their system.

They told me that they could not give me any more information and that I should sent a copy of my birth certificate to them.

She was actually very rude to me. I know that when I called it was already midnight their time, and they were probably ready to close.

I am confused because what if I had not called them...how would ever know they had the wrong date of birth. Plus they have my packet there with all my documents including copy of my birth certificate.

At this point I don't know if I should do what this person from the NVC told me and sent another copy of birth certificate( in my case my naturalization certificate) or call again and try to speak with someone else. I have a feeling she was really tired and did not want to help me.

Any ideas?

Call again! Maybe you'll get someone more helpful.

Yes, everyone at the NVC kinda makes stuff up as they go along. I cant tell you how many times Ive got a different result after calling back in 10 minutes..

Be patient and friendly with them, and they will be helpful back (most of the time)

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Yes, everyone at the NVC kinda makes stuff up as they go along. I cant tell you how many times Ive got a different result after calling back in 10 minutes..

Be patient and friendly with them, and they will be helpful back (most of the time)

that is what my gout feeling is telling me to do...

I just can't get through their phone lines...it is always busy..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Yesterday after trying to call NVC all day, I finally got through. When they asked for my receipt number, Full name, and Date of birth so I guess they could check my petition, I was told that they date of birth that I gave them over the phone was not the one they had in their system.

They told me that they could not give me any more information and that I should sent a copy of my birth certificate to them.

She was actually very rude to me. I know that when I called it was already midnight their time, and they were probably ready to close.

I am confused because what if I had not called them...how would ever know they had the wrong date of birth. Plus they have my packet there with all my documents including copy of my birth certificate.

At this point I don't know if I should do what this person from the NVC told me and sent another copy of birth certificate( in my case my naturalization certificate) or call again and try to speak with someone else. I have a feeling she was really tired and did not want to help me.

Any ideas?

Call them again and if they have the same attitude ask to speak to supervisor remember all the call recorded good luck or you may ask the petition to call on your behalf and good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Call them again and if they have the same attitude ask to speak to supervisor remember all the call recorded good luck or you may ask the petition to call on your behalf and good luck

were on the same boat!!! two weeks ago i called NVC twice and talk to the operators to check our case status i gave all the information they want like petitioners n beneficiarys name and birth, the lady gave the MNL case number.. i was sooo happy to hear that i even told my fiancee thay we have the MNL case number.. 2 days after i called back again just to make sure about our case status, the guy operator told me that it left NVC last Feb. 9.... Ater 2 days i called back again and theoperator told me that i gave the wrong birth date (beneficiary) and she cnt give me the status of our case.. i was speechless for a few seconds, she told me i should send a copy of my birth certificate in order for them to correct it... after an hour i called up my fiancee and explained to him what the operator told me then hes was the olne who called up NVC and got the same answer wrong beneficiarys birth date.. i dnt know whats with the people at NVC.. were confused maybe f we dnt send what they want our case will be pending.... i dnt know whats wrong with the operators..... Different operators have different answers!!! just have patience and try to call them back and ask what document they need and send it to avoid cause of delay of the petition....

• 8 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any ideas?

CAN u tell me what happen now? we got the same problem. and i am totally confused of what to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.