HeatDeath

Feeling homesick for your favorite rural canadian town or national park?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Google have just added the entirety of rural Canada to Google Maps Streetview! Previously they only had major cities in Canada, and not even all of those. Now it looks like they've got the whole country, in the same density as the US!

Go play! :)

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

I know I have been going all over Midland, Barrie, Orillia, and North Bay the past few days. Even went up to Matatchewan and New Liskeard for tea at work today.

Donne moi une poptart!

I know I have been going all over Midland, Barrie, Orillia, and North Bay the past few days. Even went up to Matatchewan and New Liskeard for tea at work today.

Visiting my neck of Ontario, are you? :thumbs:

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: Other Timeline
Google have just added the entirety of rural Canada to Google Maps Streetview! Previously they only had major cities in Canada, and not even all of those. Now it looks like they've got the whole country, in the same density as the US!

Go play! :)

:dance: Go Google!

Any recommendations for a rural town and/or park in Canada to visit?

Seriously.....(would like to plan one with my family someday.....we love rural areas and parks!...

(we live in a rural area and near a park....but on the US side....would love to see more on the Canadian side too.....feels more like home...)

Road trip!!!!!

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline

Cool! Now I can look at my Canadian home :)

My old car is in the driveway still and my parents have a bag of leaves sitting by the curb so it must be from the spring time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No prince albert SK. street view,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
No, just waiting to be back with my fiance in Tacoma,WA. I would love to be in your shoes

I just moved to Puyallup/Graham area...... Howdy neighbour to be!!

April 8, 2007- Met on-line playing World of Warcraft...Me a troll he a Tauren

10/11/2008 Married in Lakewood Washington

USCIS

12/08/2008 CR-1/I-130 mailed

12/19/2008 NOA1

03/09/2009 NOA2

03/09/2009 I-130 approved

NVC

03/19/2009 NVC case # generated

09/25/2009 Completed at NVC

01/11/2010 Interview Assigned..flight and hotel booked same day.

01/20/2010 Medical in Vancouver....no issues reported

02/05/2010 Interview in Montreal..APPROVED..with a few tears at the end!!

02/11/2010 POE...Peace Arch or PAC

thm_thm_php8UO03s.jpg

event.png

Timeline

Nope...no street view here in Iqaluit. Not surprised, though. I'd ####### myself if I saw Google car driving around!!

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

I didn't realize they'd got beyond the major cities in the US. :-P Just found my parents' house in what my friend Stacey liked to call MoFN (the Middle of F------ Nowhere), as well as my great aunt's house. Cool deal. :-D

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Timeline

One of my favourite towns back home was St. Thomas, Ontario. The Menonite Market was great. The Niagara Fall wine tour was also something I loved to do.

I still have relatives in Bracebridge and other assorted towns and love just about anywhere north of Barrie.

CdnMn

LPR since 2003 and will be applying for Naturalization soon. Currently working on I-130 for my son.

Timeline

I don't know if I'm only the east coast Canadian here, but I recommend seeing the Atlantic provinces to those of you who haven't. The only real "big" city is Halifax, which leaves the rest of the towns and cities small and quaint.

Nova Scotia has a lot of Scottish influence (obviously) in the culture, and I personally think Cape Breton is amazing.

PEI has beautiful red beaches, rolling green hills, and Cows ice cream. It's also great for all you Anne of Green Gables fans out there.

Newfoundland is also beautiful - I love the glaciers, and the people are incredibly nice. I know so many Newfies that their accent makes me feel comforted, like I'm at home.

New Brunswick, which is my province, is actually usually the one that is forgotten though I don't know why. In southern NB, it's mostly english, and there are some great parks to see. The Bay of Fundy, which has the highest tides in the world, is here. Reversing falls, which is an area at the mouth of the Saint John River where it connects to the bay, is full of whirlpools because the current of the river changes direction twice a day due to pressure from the high tides. It's not a beautiful site, but it's cool to see and even cooler to take a jet boat tour over them. Also, Saint John is the oldest city in Canada, with the second largest in-city park in North America. The first largest is of course Central Park, and if I remember correctly, they were designed by the same person. Going north you get to see the mix of culture from early Acadian french. There are historic sites everywhere that let you walk through what Canada was like centuries ago. The mountains are some of the oldest in the entire world. The baie des chaleurs has the warmest ocean water north of of North Carolina.

Sigh. Look at me. Not even close to moving yet, and already homesick haha.

Timeline
Visiting my neck of Ontario, are you? :thumbs:

Yes, theres a great chipstand in Elk Lake... we should go for lunch today! :P

Nope...no street view here in Iqaluit. Not surprised, though. I'd ####### myself if I saw Google car driving around!!

Thats funny... my husband and I were talking about what we would do if we saw one.

Probably act like a bunch of idiots for sure. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

I just looked up my mom's house... nothing special.

My brother's house... he's cutting up some of his trees on a lift HAHA, I'll have to tell him he's on the internet now. He doesn't even have internet service, or a computer that works!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.