beatlesrebel

2010 United Kingdom AOS Thread

339 posts in this topic

Hey, I finally found this thread! You ain't rid of me yet. :D

My British fiance husband and I filed for AOS (and EAD and AP) last week, on May 26. It all seems less dramatic and scary now that we're actually together, but nonetheless: godspeed USCIS!

Yay, glad you found us!! Good luck! We'll hopefully be filing for AOS this week!

Hi everyone, well I made my POE on Monday at long last! What a day! Ah! So now to get started on the last few wedding touches... I have been putting together favours (do I have to start saying favors now? Lol) this week and doing some gardening. Its so nice to settle into our new home!

Wonderful! Welcome to the U.S.! ;)

Super excited to show them Salem, MA where the witch trials took place and there are all these hilarious kooky museums. All the old colonial stuff is brand-new to my sister since we are Seattleites (I moved here two years ago) and of course I'm sure David will laugh at the guides telling us how old everything is...

:ot2:

65 hours...or

3,918 minutes...or

235,080 seconds!!

Awesome! I've always wanted to visit Salem! I have a friend who lives near Boston, so we may try to go up for a visit in the next couple of years! And YAY he's almost here!!!!!! :dance:

Beatlesrebel, let us know how it goes with not sending in the I-693. Will be interesting to see if you get an RFE or not.

Will do! We're curious to see what will happen and will be prepared in the event of an RFE. Let's hope things have calmed down a bit!

!!!

1 day, 16 hours, 47 minutes, and 1 second!

or...

41 hours

2,477 minutes

146,820 seconds

I've decided to get us married in Arlington where they do civil ceremonies as walk-ins along with your marriage certificate. Alexandria (where I love) doesn't do them, nor does Maryland. D.C. does, but apparently they're backed up weeks in advance since they allow gay marriage now :)

Mom and other sister will be here on the 15th! for us to do that and we will probably go to this wonderful Indian restaurant that the current sister living here and I found recently that we love. Honeymoon in September with the actual wedding celebration.

Mannn I need to make a doctor's appointment to talk about the birth control options :blush: Is that too risque to talk about here? Yes, we're some of those crazy Christians who are waiting...although honestly I've had enough of the waiting and if this had gone on much longer, I probably would have said to heck with it all. I considered it a big victory when I convinced David that our civil wedding counts rather than our religious wedding in September :lol: "God is everywhere!" I told David. "He's gonna be there when the clerk pronounces us married while I wear my flip-flops and shorts in the courthouse!" :lol:

What are you ladies using? I'm leary of the pill and really like the sound of the IUD, although I don't like the risk of pelvic inflammatory disease...I remember from nursing school that it's a nasty thing to get!

I'm also investing in a $28, $1000 deductible for a 21 day service of temp health care for David. He'll get it as soon as we get married and I apply the papers to HR, but don't want to take a risk...

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Mannn I need to make a doctor's appointment to talk about the birth control options :blush: Is that too risque to talk about here? Yes, we're some of those crazy Christians who are waiting...although honestly I've had enough of the waiting and if this had gone on much longer, I probably would have said to heck with it all. I considered it a big victory when I convinced David that our civil wedding counts rather than our religious wedding in September :lol: "God is everywhere!" I told David. "He's gonna be there when the clerk pronounces us married while I wear my flip-flops and shorts in the courthouse!" :lol:

What are you ladies using? I'm leary of the pill and really like the sound of the IUD, although I don't like the risk of pelvic inflammatory disease...I remember from nursing school that it's a nasty thing to get!

I've been on the pill for many years (for reasons other than birth control or acne) and I haven't had any problems but I've heard that it can take awhile after coming off it to conceive. If you're thinking of children in the not too distant future you're probably better off considering other options. Edit to add - I think that I've seen a thread along these lines in the off-topic posts so you might get some advice there too.

Edited by Y&E

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husband and I had only used condoms before and he's the only person I've had sex with. It just didn't make sense to invest in birth control when we were long distance and I was seeing him so infrequently. But condoms are annoying... you have to remember to have them ready, go buy them when you're out, stop what you're doing to put them on, etc.

So, a month ago (and a few days before POE), I got a Mirena IUD. So far, I'm happy. I had some hives at the beginning for a few days, but they went away. I also had a lot of spot bleeding. But that's normal at the beginning, and over time they're supposed to make your periods less painful and less bloody... something I'd like. So I only have a month to go on, but I'm loving the convenience.

Now that everyone is covering their eyes screaming - I just got my text message "application has been received" notices from USCIS! Woo! They actually sent it three times for some reason... my pocket went DING DING DING during a conversation. Awkward. Anyway, I'm glad our packet's in "safe" hands. We didn't get a tracking number, and I was hoping we'd hear something soon. :)

Edited by Rito

Timeline

Oh, I just realized that each of the three text messages have receipt numbers that are different by one digit. I guess there's a separate text for each of the three applications; AOS, AP, and EAD.

Honeymoon in September with the actual wedding celebration.

I'm so excited for you!!!!! We had our "legal" ceremony in a lawyer's office, had lunch with my friends from work at a local Mexican restaurant, then went to a nearby park for pictures. lol! We're having our actual wedding in November at the local pumpkin patch!

I went on the pill before Phill and I got to that point (hey, we waited too!) mainly because I was having some trouble with cysts. The doc put me on Yaz and I was pretty happy with it (plus all the free samples I want). I went in for my one year appointment back in March and they put me on Seasonique to see if that would help with cramps during "that" time since it's a higher dose (you only have your period once every 3 months on this, but with the cysts the doc thought it'd be better to still have it monthly). Nothing has really changed, so after 6 months if it's still the same I'm going back on Yaz. I don't mind the pill, I feel that I'm more in control using them than the patch--I'm sure that's probably not the case, but I'm weird like that! LOL! Anyway, hope you can find something that fits your needs!

Oh, I just realized that each of the three text messages have receipt numbers that are different by one digit. I guess there's a separate text for each of the three applications; AOS, AP, and EAD.

Oooh nice!! Good to know! We're going to sign up for email and text message. Can't go wrong that way!

oh my goodness...

0 days!! 14 hours, 49 minutes, 37 seconds.

or...

15 hours

890 minutes

53,377 seconds

David :luv:

Naturalization

sfjkljoriaenk this is torture. I cannot get my mind off of it! 14 hours.

I'm on my shift right now, already gave my 2 babies baths, helped Mom hold one of the babies skin-to-skin (she's only about 2 and a half pounds), got my other kid to shut up (he's really old at 3 months old being full term at birth and wants the eff out of here and I don't blame him), and I only have one more set of cares (assessment) at 4am and then I'll get off at 7am. UGH. The time cannot GO ANY SLOWER!!!

I am excited to use the flight tracker :) he will board at 7am my time.

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

I'm on my shift right now, already gave my 2 babies baths, helped Mom hold one of the babies skin-to-skin (she's only about 2 and a half pounds), got my other kid to shut up (he's really old at 3 months old being full term at birth and wants the eff out of here and I don't blame him), and I only have one more set of cares (assessment) at 4am and then I'll get off at 7am. UGH. The time cannot GO ANY SLOWER!!!

Horrible waiting - but just thing about what a lovely job you're doing and how much you must mean to all of the people whose babies you are looking after.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, were you able to check all three receipt numbers under USCIS "check status?" I tried mine, (did receive yesterday) but they are invalid. Check has been cashed, and the receipt no. at the back of the check is different with the last number. Checked the number under "check status" and it is still invalid.

Timeline

he must be here now......great. lol talking of babies....dont take the pill wont, and cant, so we just waited. shoot having an 11 yr old living with you is birth control enough.

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.