londonhornet

Preparation for sending DS-230-I

24 posts in this topic

It's possible that Mexico may have its own checklist and not use DS-2001.

(*bumbles off to look at CDJ consulate page*)

Aha! CDJ uses the OF-169, which is the predecessor to the DS-2001 form. (God, I can't even believe I know that! :lol:) Here's the entire Packet 3 -- it's the first form: CDJ Packet 3

Jamie -- woo! I'm a hero! :dance:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
It's possible that Mexico may have its own checklist and not use DS-2001.

(*bumbles off to look at CDJ consulate page*)

Aha! CDJ uses the OF-169, which is the predecessor to the DS-2001 form. (God, I can't even believe I know that! :lol:) Here's the entire Packet 3 -- it's the first form: CDJ Packet 3

Jamie -- woo! I'm a hero! :dance:

Yeah I saw the packet 3 of CDJ. That's why I was confused when I saw so many people mentioning DS-2001. So eventually I will need that form? OF-169 is basically just a checklist of docs that I will have ready for interview and that apply to our case. What's DS-2001?

OF-169 is just the old name for the DS-2001 -- apparently CDJ hasn't gotten around to renumbering it. When we filed in 2007, our so-called DS-2001 as sent to us by London (you couldn't just download the forms back then) actually had the notation OF-169 in the bottom right corner. More info (if you are truly bored or want to become an insufferable know-it-all like me :star: ) is available here on the shift in titles: http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegram...grams_1540.html

Is the DS-2001 for all embassies? I didn't see that on the list of Mexico.

It is quite possible it is not, or is known by a different name (it is called something different for a K visa). DS-2001 is for a IR1 or CR1 in the UK as far as I can tell. It is simply the "Notification of Applicant Readiness" for interview form and checklist.

Steve (UKC) & Sonja (USC)

MARRIED August 2004

NOA1 8 Feb 2010

NOA2 8 Mar 2010

PACKET 3 17 Mar 2010

MEDICAL 30 Mar 2010

PACKET 4 15 Apr 2010

INTERVIEW 24 May 2010 - APPROVED!!

VISA RECEIVED 27 May 2010

---------------------

REMAINING TARGETS

ARRIVE USA 7 Jun 2010

Just on a side note for people like jhphi - I phoned today to book my medical exam, and its next Wednesday (less than a week!) so you guys shouldnt have to wait long when you get your packet 3 received and docs in order. :thumbs:

Just on a side note for people like jhphi - I phoned today to book my medical exam, and its next Wednesday (less than a week!) so you guys shouldnt have to wait long when you get your packet 3 received and docs in order. :thumbs:

Wow, so fast! Very cool. Hope it goes well. :star:

Guess what? :) We got our Packet 3 today! Woo hoo! I've just gotten back from the Post Office-- the DS-230 and DS-2001 are on their way to the immigration visa unit now-- and we've booked my husband's medical for March 4th!

So excited this afternoon to have this bit in progress. It was funny-- we were in the dentist's office today, and I told my husband that maybe Packet 3 would be waiting for us when we got home, as his "reward" for going to the dentist (he doesn't like going). When we got home, there it was in the mailbox! Haha, he opened it and was like "oh, ok, so this should mean that our package is coming soon, then"-- I don't think he was expecting "Packet 3" to be one skinny piece of paper. :)

Good luck with the medical, londonhornet!

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Dublin Embassy sent out DS-230 part I with packet 3 and the they sent DS-230 part II with packet 4 and the interview appointment.

Hello! I'm the sponsor for my husband's (Irish) visa. I have lived with him in Ireland for the past 5 years and will be starting my new job back in the US at the end of the month. I see that your husband had to have a join sponsor because he didn't earn in America for the past 2 years. I have a letter from my new employer to include with the I-864, but is there any benefit in having a joint sponsor (would be my father) filling out the I-864 with me from the start to avoid a delay? Or do they treat each case individually?

Also, I know everyone is writing from different countries with experiences with different embassies. I also found Packet 3 confusing as it lists a voluminous amount of documentation required but isn't clear at what point in the process to present it. So, after all my belly-aching over the last week about getting all the forms together straight away, it would appear my husband should just send in the DS-230 and DS-2001 today since everything else is in order, or will be completed in the next week or so?

I've found the I-864 to be the most stressful because I've been in Ireland for the past 5 years and haven't earned income in the US during that time. I've always filed my taxes, but this year the IRS is significantly backlogged and I could be waiting to get a copy of my 2009 returns to include with the Affadavit for several more weeks. If it is not available by the time of my husband's interview, is it acceptable to provide information on my 2009 earnings and explain why the tax return is not included (I have a copy of the 2008 return to include and other supporting information)?

Thanks for your help!!! I'm very glad I found this site...it's been a great resource so far!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.