jea

My Experience with the Biometrics Appointment

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wanted to put up a quick post to help out any others that may be in a similar situation.

After filing my I-765 (received NOA June 14), I got a biometrics appointment for July 1st, but received the appointment letter only two days before and was unable to travel to Dallas for the appointment. I faxed and mailed my paper in, requesting a new interview date, because there was a box at the bottom that stated if you couldn't make the scheduled appointment, you could reschedule. After waiting 3 weeks and hearing nothing, I wrote a letter and called the 1-800 number a couple of times (without much success).

On Friday, July 28th, I received an appointment letter for an appointment on JULY 22. The envelope was postmarked JULY 26 (4 days after the appointment). In tears, I called the 1-800 number again and the woman suggested I write another letter. I felt this would be futile, so this morning I took all the letters and paperwork with me to Dallas and showed up at the Biometrics center, ready to beg for an appointment. The security guard didn't bat an eyelash at the interview date and it took only 10 minutes for me to be seen and fingerprinted and photographed. When I asked the worker about this interview dates and letters, she told me you have 87 days from the date of the interview to show up for an appointment on Wednesdays or Saturdays. It doeasn't say this ANYWHERE on the piece of paper.

I was glad I decided to drive all that way, but it would have been nice to know this 4 weeks ago. Hope it helps someone else.

:luv:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It says on my biometrics letter. Check the picture on my signature.

Carol

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

mine says -

"PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED. IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED."

then near the bottom is a spot to reschedule. you tick either wednesday afternoon or saturday afternoon and have to send it back to the ASC and they will send a new appointment notice.

nothing about 87 days on there....

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.