ronnielee67

eastwestmatch did not ask

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

i met ilyana in mid january 06 at eastwest match.com. she gave me her phone #, i called, got her email address. we have been communicating daily ever since then. i am going to moscow sept. 7 2006 to meet her and plan to file the i-129f upon my return home. i did not know about imbra when we met, eastwestmatch did not inform me of it nor did they introduce us. i paid 20.00 dollars for 1 months membership to access international ads from women looking for relationships. do i need to send her my background information before we meet in moscow in sept? can someone tell me what information is required for her to have before we meet? and, where to get it. thank you, ronnielee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but you are free to go meet her without having to worry about that. If anything is going to be presented to her, it's the documents the USCIS will request... and it'll be presented to her BY them too.

Just don't forget to gather lots of "proof of meeting" material and good luck!! :thumbs:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No you dont have to send everything ahead of time. I would be open with her, I am hoping that you are already. She will be informed and its best to be upfront in any relationships.

You will just mark yes that you met at a marriage broker on the form and if nec, include all supporting doc or waiver request (conflicting answers here as to the definition of marriage broker, but my opinion is to be safe)

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry, the edit will not work....

No you dont have to send everything ahead of time. I would be open with her, I am hoping that you are already. She will be informed and its best to be upfront in any relationships.

You will just mark yes that you met at a marriage broker on the form and if nec, include all supporting doc or waiver request (conflicting answers here as to the definition of marriage broker, but my opinion is to be safe).

Eastwest match did not have a reason to ask you. The law was approved January (5th or 6th) but was not effective until March 6th. The problem is that many of these sites still do not ask on the assumption of them being exempt. That is a gray area that the future will sort out. While that is happening, it is possible that it will create problems for individuals that go on that assumption or are led to believe that Again, time will tell as the define 'marriage broker' more clearly using cases. In your case, make sure to include that you met prior to IMBRA being effective. Also point out that part of your supporting documentation was dated prior to March.

IMBRA requires you to include contact information for the marriage broker. Do NOT just send an email address or the website address. Research for more information than that. You want to include a mailing/office address also. I have read of someone getting a second RFE and it worried me. After probing I discovered that the only information given was the email and the website. Avoid that potential delay.

It is possible someone here will tell you that you did not meet at a marriage broker, or that you are exempt. As I said, it is all still being sorted out. You know by asking the question that you feel that it is included as a marriage broker. I met at filipinoheart.com and also answered yes. I think it is better to be open up front and error on the side of being cautious, than looking like your trying to get around the law.

Make sure you get everything you need when you are there. For example, lots of pictures, her visa pics, get a letter of intent from her, if she was married prior get legal evidence that was ended, and make sure she fills out her forms (g-325Al). Keep all reciepts. You want to make sure you dont get back and have to wait on forms or documents through the mail from another country.

One word of caution. If everything is wonderful and you have NO doubts, submit your forms. If you have doubts, hold off. One not so wonderful part of IMBRA is that you have to request a waiver if you had a previously approved petition within the past two years (or over 2 approvals in a lifetime). There are a few of us that had to submit the waiver request and it is unclear if it will have any effect other. There is no criteria listed anywhere, again we are guinnea pigs of a sort. I am not trying to scare you, or convince you not to do this. I wish you only happiness. I just want to let you know this is part of IMBRA that is affecting some of us.

With all that said. Go see your lady, have a wonderful time. Make the first memories of what we all wish for you the be a lifetime together. Good luck on the trip and congratulations on your happiness.

God Bless,

Steven

Edited by sbgwolf1

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.