Armenia

Report of Marriage - what else is it needed for?

64 posts in this topic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an interesting but odd twist in the discussion.

I'm assuming all this discussion about a Pinay marrying outside the Phil and then not filing an ROM so she can marry again in the Phil is purely just hypothetical/theoretical discussion for the sake of discussion. I certainly hope it is not a reflection of how VJers look upon their fellow Pinays.

I'll bite.

It's not as if the sinister-minded :devil: Pinay is going to have it easy. Assuming the evil (bwa ha ha) Pinay, previously married abroad and didn't file an ROM, did get married again in the Phil, she is certainly liable to being sued. Even if no ROM has been filed, it is certainly up to any person bent on marrying anyone (whether an evil Pinay or some other person of whatever nationality) to research background information on his spouse-to-be. Don't we all check that our future mates are clean? If, after all our efforts in background checking, we still missed that bit of info about a previous marriage that is still valid, then go ahead and SUE SUE SUE her. Granted, suing her will not make up for one's broken heart and children suddenly separated from another parent, but that's life. There's never any guarantee that one's marriage will work. You just have to try your darndest best.

Well, if you have no plans to pursue a life in the Philippines, don't report. Ha ha ha. Saves you 25 bucks anyway :|

25 January 2010: Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, EAD and AP - sent via UPS overnight delivery to Chicago Lockbox

26 January 2010: Received by receptionist CHIBA at 8:30 AM/Received date on NOA

02 February 2010: Checked cashed/Notice date

05 February 2010: Received NOA's for I-130,I-485,I-131,I-130

13 February 2010: Received ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics.

17 February 2010: Date of RFE for Federal Tax 1040/Received Text & Email confirmation

19 February 2010: Received RFE in mail

22 February 2010: Mailed Response to RFE via USPS Express mail

24 February 2010: Package delivered and received at Lee's Summit office

26 February 2010: Biometrics DONE/RFE Received-case processing resumed

17 March 2010: Email approval notifications - EAD & AP.

22 March 2010: Received AP by mail. Received interview schedule notice for 22 April.

22 April 2010: Greencard Approved :)

Removal of Conditions

24 January 2012: Sent I-751 petition via USPS Overnight

25 January 2012: Delivered at CSC, Receipt Date NOA1

27 January 2012: Checked cashed

30 January 2012: Received NOA in mail.

06 February 2012: Received Biometrics notice (dated 03 Feb)

02 March 2012: Biometrics appointment.

This is an interesting but odd twist in the discussion.

I'm assuming all this discussion about a Pinay marrying outside the Phil and then not filing an ROM so she can marry again in the Phil is purely just hypothetical/theoretical discussion for the sake of discussion. I certainly hope it is not a reflection of how VJers look upon their fellow Pinays.

I'll bite.

It's not as if the sinister-minded :devil: Pinay is going to have it easy. Assuming the evil (bwa ha ha) Pinay, previously married abroad and didn't file an ROM, did get married again in the Phil, she is certainly liable to being sued. Even if no ROM has been filed, it is certainly up to any person bent on marrying anyone (whether an evil Pinay or some other person of whatever nationality) to research background information on his spouse-to-be. Don't we all check that our future mates are clean? If, after all our efforts in background checking, we still missed that bit of info about a previous marriage that is still valid, then go ahead and SUE SUE SUE her. Granted, suing her will not make up for one's broken heart and children suddenly separated from another parent, but that's life. There's never any guarantee that one's marriage will work. You just have to try your darndest best.

Yes.. its hypothetical... but could be a reality...

Ruffa and Gabby are two well known example. Ruffa got married to ylmas (not sure of the correct spelling) and Gabby with Sharon in the philippines. Though they are married to someone else in the USA.

Sharon Cuneta is politically connected being her Dad the previous mayor of Pasay. And on her mother side, they are "showbiz" connected, being the niece of Fernando Poe Jr. Sharon should have known that Gabby is previously married. Funny isn't it. With all those political and showbiz connection... Sharon family did not know that Gabby was previously married.

Its a reality (based on 2 example above) that People would hide their marriage in the US and assume the state of singleness in the Philippines since nothing in NSO indicates that they are married.

Again for the sake of discussion.. not really directed to OPs scenario.

Rheanick, god'sgift corrected herself in her next post (#38) :thumbs:

Is that the sowi all about.. oopppss... :bonk:

Edited by rheanick

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Yes.. its hypothetical... but could be a reality...

Ruffa and Gabby are two well known example. Ruffa got married to ylmas (not sure of the correct spelling) and Gabby with Sharon in the philippines. Though they are married to someone else in the USA.

Sharon Cuneta is politically connected being her Dad the previous mayor of Pasay. And on her mother side, they are "showbiz" connected, being the niece of Fernando Poe Jr. Sharon should have known that Gabby is previously married. Funny isn't it. With all those political and showbiz connection... Sharon family did not know that Gabby was previously married.

Its a reality (based on 2 example above) that People would hide their marriage in the US and assume the state of singleness in the Philippines since nothing in NSO indicates that they are married.

Again for the sake of discussion.. not really directed to OPs scenario.

Is that the sowi all about.. oopppss... :bonk:

Now that people are bringing up hiding foreign marriages, what about when it's the other way around - hiding Phil marriages? How do people do that? I thought it was a trivial thing to hide that info but after having been on VJ and going through the immigration process myself, I can't see how a Pinoy can hide a Phil marriage from the US government. I know this Pinay in the US who's dating a Pinoy. Pinoy was petitioned by his parents and never declared in his application that he's married. So, he's doomed to a life away from his wife and kids because if he declares them now, the US govt will know that he lied in his application. My question is, how was that even possible? Doesn't the US government require a CENOMAR? I know that here in Canada, Pinoy immig applicants are required to submit a CENOMAR.

Now that people are bringing up hiding foreign marriages, what about when it's the other way around - hiding Phil marriages? How do people do that? I thought it was a trivial thing to hide that info but after having been on VJ and going through the immigration process myself, I can't see how a Pinoy can hide a Phil marriage from the US government. I know this Pinay in the US who's dating a Pinoy. Pinoy was petitioned by his parents and never declared in his application that he's married. So, he's doomed to a life away from his wife and kids because if he declares them now, the US govt will know that he lied in his application. My question is, how was that even possible? Doesn't the US government require a CENOMAR? I know that here in Canada, Pinoy immig applicants are required to submit a CENOMAR.

I also heard similar stories. A person could have fake CENOMAR in NSO paper... I really dont know how they do it. But they could really create documents that look authentic.

That is the main reason why Philippines is considered high fraud country.

On your question on CENOMAR, K-1 had to submit CENOMAR.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

I also heard similar stories. A person could have fake CENOMAR in NSO paper... I really dont know how they do it. But they could really create documents that look authentic.

I thought Embassy would investigate each applicant's background in coordination with the NBI? How they got away with it? :protest:

*Sigh*

If you read again, I was not advocating non-reporting. I even bolded "I strongly recommend reporting our US marriages." :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Rheanick, god'sgift corrected herself in her next post (#38) :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

its really authentic... just that the informations are doctored already inside the NSO.. how? PAY 50,000 Pesoses!!!

BUT... bcoz the US embassy have link to the NSO they will still find out later... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Just a comment...

Right now I'm planning to renew my passport because it is expiring but in the interest of time I might not be able to file ROM for this at the same time, because my documents aren't arriving promptly. I'm in the US right now under work visa.

So I decided that if my documents don't arrive in time before I go to the consulate to renew my passport, I am filing passport renewals marking myself as "Single" for now, and then send out the ROM later once I get all the other required docs. It will be additional hassle to go back to the consulate in person and renew for a passport name change in the near future, but due to my work sched I can't really schedule a day off in such short notice.

I prepared passport renewals application for single and married (in case the documents arrive at the last minute), just to be sure. And my renewals is in the next few days so good luck to me.

Documents a complete headache after you get married and change names... lol. :devil:

K@

Personal Timeline

N400 JOURNEY

2015/05/02 - sent N-400 packet to USCIS [Day 0] (Saturday mail)

2015/05/12 - check cashed [Day 10]
2015/05/15 - I-797C NOA received [Day 13]

2015/06/01 - biometrics appointment [Day 29]

2015/09/10 - interview appointment [Day 131] - pending N-14 add'l evidence req'd

2015/11/17 - oath taking [Day 169]

GC/ROC JOURNEY

(In essence of keeping my signature short, please check my Timeline)

AOS JOURNEY

(In essence of keeping my signature short, please check my Timeline)

Filed: Other Timeline

I didn't report my marriage. But, I will report this because I need to get my Fil-passport. I hate their idea that I need to provide pictures of my husband and me that's why I didn't do it. Now, I have no choice but to do their stupid requirement. :unsure:

Life is not a granting factory, according to my colleague.

I didn't report my marriage. But, I will report this because I need to get my Fil-passport. I hate their idea that I need to provide pictures of my husband and me that's why I didn't do it. Now, I have no choice but to do their stupid requirement. :unsure:

It puzzles me why Phil Consulates/Embassies do not have a standardized list of requirements (excluding the marriage certificates though since each country might have different policies for them). The PH Consulate in Vancouver, BC does not list photos of either spouse as a requirement.

Edited by Armenia

Which consulate did you go to? Photographs are not required for the report of marriage. I filed our ROM in the SF consulate.

My new "pet project" (since I'm not doing much) is getting my husband a phl passport. But I'll need the NSO report of birth??? -- I don't think my parents can get it for me. His parents will have to request it. Yeesh. Ang labo kasi sabi naman sa NSO website, I'd have to get the report from SF consulate. Oh, Philippines. hahaha. Anyone have similar case???

25 January 2010: Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, EAD and AP - sent via UPS overnight delivery to Chicago Lockbox

26 January 2010: Received by receptionist CHIBA at 8:30 AM/Received date on NOA

02 February 2010: Checked cashed/Notice date

05 February 2010: Received NOA's for I-130,I-485,I-131,I-130

13 February 2010: Received ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics.

17 February 2010: Date of RFE for Federal Tax 1040/Received Text & Email confirmation

19 February 2010: Received RFE in mail

22 February 2010: Mailed Response to RFE via USPS Express mail

24 February 2010: Package delivered and received at Lee's Summit office

26 February 2010: Biometrics DONE/RFE Received-case processing resumed

17 March 2010: Email approval notifications - EAD & AP.

22 March 2010: Received AP by mail. Received interview schedule notice for 22 April.

22 April 2010: Greencard Approved :)

Removal of Conditions

24 January 2012: Sent I-751 petition via USPS Overnight

25 January 2012: Delivered at CSC, Receipt Date NOA1

27 January 2012: Checked cashed

30 January 2012: Received NOA in mail.

06 February 2012: Received Biometrics notice (dated 03 Feb)

02 March 2012: Biometrics appointment.

Which consulate did you go to? Photographs are not required for the report of marriage. I filed our ROM in the SF consulate.

My new "pet project" (since I'm not doing much) is getting my husband a phl passport. But I'll need the NSO report of birth??? -- I don't think my parents can get it for me. His parents will have to request it. Yeesh. Ang labo kasi sabi naman sa NSO website, I'd have to get the report from SF consulate. Oh, Philippines. hahaha. Anyone have similar case???

Why don't you or your husband request for his birth certificate directly? The NSO e-census website (https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmWarning.asp) says that birth certificates can be received by either the owner, spouse, direct descendants/ascendants, guardian.

I file my requests online (https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp). I requested my CENOMAR and birth certificate a few years ago and had them delivered to my address here in Canada. Last week, I filled up the request form for my husband (for his birth certificate) but put in his US address as the delivery address so he'll receive it himself. The cost for foreign requests is higher ($20) than local requests (PHP 315) but it comes out the same if you're only requesting one copy and your relatives has to mail it registered/courier to you anyway.

If you want your husband's parents to receive the birth certificate for your husband, then just file the request online then put in your in-law's address as the delivery address.

BTW, I didn't use my Canadian address as the delivery address for my husband's birth certificate because I don't have a Report of Marriage filed with NSO yet. I was assuming that they would be requiring proof that the recipient (me) is the spouse.

Report of Birth - The Report of Birth that you can get/file with a Phil consulate/embassy is for reporting the birth of children born to Filipino parents abroad. I'm assuming your husband was born in the Phils and that his parents had already reported his birth a long time ago in the Philippines. Your husband needs his birth certificate, not a report of birth, that's already with the NSO.

How complicated is it for Pinay to travel back and forth from US to Phils with her passport in her maiden name after marriage, and now she has new married name?

Does she have to bring just her certified marriage certificate to show with her passport or something more to get thru customs and passport control at the airports?

Meanwhile, Getting a married name change on Passport via Phils Consulate is necessary or can it be done by mail?

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.