jwarmyguy

NOA1 Help

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When should i recieve my NOA1? and how should i recieve it? I have recieved nothing in the mail. I sent my packet out on 22 january 2010. Is there a way to check on status of my k1 visa packet?

Our Visa Journey

January 21 2010 - Sent 1-29F Packet for K1 Visa to VSC

February 8 2010 - Recieved NOA1 - Dated January 28 2010

When should i recieve my NOA1? and how should i recieve it? I have recieved nothing in the mail. I sent my packet out on 22 january 2010. Is there a way to check on status of my k1 visa packet?

USCIS uses USPS (snail mail) and they would send thing to the address you provided on your petition. NOA's (particularly NOA1's) are automated - the system is not perfect - it could take a week, 3 weeks, or not at all; Generally within a few weeks is the vague answer. If you sent it to the correct address and they got it, your case is being processed in the order it was received (more or less).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok i was just worried, i see some ppls timelines states that they recieved thier NOA1 only days after they mailed it in. It has been 12 days for me. Hope this is normal

Our Visa Journey

January 21 2010 - Sent 1-29F Packet for K1 Visa to VSC

February 8 2010 - Recieved NOA1 - Dated January 28 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
Ok i was just worried, i see some ppls timelines states that they recieved thier NOA1 only days after they mailed it in. It has been 12 days for me. Hope this is normal

Many are likely putting the date it is received based on when their checks or cashed, or you can see your case number on the back of the cancelled check, and look this up to get your date. You usually do not get the hard copy of your NOA1 until some time (a week or 2) after the date it was issued.

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes I am worried too. I filed Jan 16th , they received it the 19th and I am still waiting for my NOA1............

And here in Mexico snail mail is not really reliable anyway....

I130

2010/01/16: I130 sent at US Embassy Mexico DF

2010/01/19: I130 received (UPS confirmation)

2010/03/03: I130 package returned. Asking for utility bills.

2010/03/03: I130 sent again at US Embassy Mexico with the utility bills...

2010/03/08: Received a call from the Embassy: I130 ok and sent to CDJ

2010/04/12: Received NOA2 by mail APPROVED on March 5th

NVC

2010/03/25: Case number assigned by CDJ.

2010/04/27: I864 and DS230 sent

2010/06/28: Interview... Approved !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.