Samanthajayne

So many questions, and a sleepy mum filling at midnight could use some advice : )

5 posts in this topic

Hello VJers,

It seems like just yesterday I got my GC, and now im renewing it.

Its now 12:00am. I am really really busy, and evenings are the only little bit of time to my self I get to concentrate on paperwork! I babysit kids during the day, housewife by night with a demanding 1 year old. So please take pity on me, if I am asking questions that may be in the forum somewhere.

I have started the paperwork, and I feel like I will be denied, as we do not have too much evidence.

We do not have insurance, will, or anything like that. I am going to open a joint savings account tomorrow with both of our names. So do you think this is enough?

Tax Returns

Addvidats from 3 friends ( Do I need to get them notarised?? )

Copy of lease of our apartment

Our sons birth certificate

We could also include some utility bills, such as electricity, phone bills etc. ( Do I need to include every one from over the last two years?? )

Thats all we have, do you think including a few pictures will make all the difference? If so how many should I include?

We have not taken any vacation etc...

Any advice would help a very sleepy mum.

Thanks Guys

Samantha And Julian Rodriguez

Im sleepy too.. sleepy wife. :D

I underwent a very smooth process, 2months then i got my gc.

I had my affdavits notarized, and included some letters from friends too.

I had submitted over 10 COLLAGE pictures, like per 3R or 4R pic i have like 5-8 pics in it, each categorized per event/place.

As per bills, i submitted copies per each year.

I have included our California IDS, Employment Cert, Paystubs, etc.

Do open a savings account. ;)

hope this helps... ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Bills are good - I personally sent 1 from every 4 -6 months or so. If you can pick out 6 electricity bills (for example) over the last 2 years that have both your names on them and the same address, I think that is sufficient (can do that for multiple bills). I personally photocopied the address portion of the bill only, some people feel the need to photocopy every page of every bill...but USCIS doesn't care what you pay for water and gas :)

Drivers licenses or state id for both of you will show the same address, I also copied our joint credit cards which show the same number and expiry dates and our health cards from the insurance company.

Some folks have included junk mail addressed to 1 or both spouses at the same address and of course a photocopy of any envelopes from cards mailed to you both in the last 2 years from family and friends (aniversary, birthay Xmas etc...) Only the envelopes are necessary - the insides of teh cards don't prove anything.

Like you - I didn't have a lot of pictures, I only sent a few....I'm not a big fan of the camera

Your affidavits do not have to notarized.

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Timeline

Hello sleepy.....I am good to file Roc next year but we are having problems ( he got a girl pregnant back home) we talk about divorce anyway...I do not have too much evidence to show, only lease bills in both names, same ad on the driver's licence, letter we receive at home...we do not have joint account ( he can't open account because he is in collection with the bank and ban for 7 years) no medical assurance....

I do have pic and affidavit of friends....

hope what you have is enough and just pray God will help...

When are you going to file?

God bless..

When are you eligible to file for ROC?

If you still have time, considering your situation, you should just plan it well and work on the evidence a in manageable chunks and will eventually be completed without stressing over it.

What you listed is very good, and there is nothing to worry about of being denied.

We do not have insurance, will, or anything like that. I am going to open a joint savings account tomorrow with both of our names. So do you think this is enough?

The joint savings account at this point will not do a lot of help since there is no track history in the past 2 years of the account. Do you have any other checking account or any bank records that have been there for the past 2 years with both your names on it? That's what you need.

Tax Returns Very important and good you are including them. Make sure you either request free transcripts which USCIS seems to like more than the copies or make copies of all pages and the W2s - they want everything.

Addvidats from 3 friends ( Do I need to get them notarised?? )

I got my affidavits notarized but it doesn't seem critical to do os.

Copy of lease of our apartment

This is good. If you can provide the least to cover the past two years it would be perfect.

Our sons birth certificate

This is gold. This is one of the items that would really help.

We could also include some utility bills, such as electricity, phone bills etc. ( Do I need to include every one from over the last two years?? )

Do include utility bills! Make sure they contain both your names on them. People send in different things, but I've heard that people sent in when the two years started (when you became a resident) and then skipped a few months and included statements in between. So for example, you can include every 3 or 4 months up to now. Make sure you include the most recent as well.

Thats all we have, do you think including a few pictures will make all the difference? If so how many should I include?

If you have some pictures, that will be helpful too.

We have not taken any vacation etc...

that's ok.

Any advice would help a very sleepy mum.

do you have credit card statements with both your names?

Some people included copies of greeting cards that were addressed to them..

good luck

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.