Bajih

Embassy stamping visa timeframe

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I am just wondering if there is any average time out there from when the embassy calls for the passport until it is in your hands. The embassy called my SO on Tuesday, January 19th and asked him to submit his passport via DHL. He did this promptly.

We still do not have the passport stamped with a visa in hand. It is almost 2 weeks now.

Would the embassy call for the passport for any other reason except to stamp a visa?

How long have people waited to get the passport back ?

Thoughts on the whole DHL process- anyone know how it works?

Thank you so much.

Frustrated yet again,

Baj

ah. the longing....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

We are in the same boat in Spain, they have had it 3 weeks and counting now. I am getting worried too, but am hoping he gets something in the mail this week. I can't call here in the US (the Haiti situation has the lines jammed), and the Spanish Embassy only accepts calls 2 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and those lines are always jammed. I hope we both have good news soon!

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am just wondering if there is any average time out there from when the embassy calls for the passport until it is in your hands. The embassy called my SO on Tuesday, January 19th and asked him to submit his passport via DHL. He did this promptly.

We still do not have the passport stamped with a visa in hand. It is almost 2 weeks now.

Would the embassy call for the passport for any other reason except to stamp a visa?

How long have people waited to get the passport back ?

Thoughts on the whole DHL process- anyone know how it works?

Thank you so much.

Frustrated yet again,

Baj

Yeah they would .but usually when they call for the passport it means they are ready to issue the visa .

They asked me for my passport on July 30 and they got it on Aug 2 ,2009 and still no visa !!

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Oh my Hot Guy- What have they told you? Have you contacted the embassy? I just do not understand how/why they keep a passport for that long. Why would they need it except to issue a visa? That is just crazy! They have everything they need...and meanwhile, you are without your passport!

I really hope that you have been able to talk to someone about it. Did your passport go via DHL?

getting more worried by the day...

Baj :mellow:

ah. the longing....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Update! He received his passport with visa by courier today! woo hoo! I hope you get yours soon too. It took a 3.5 weeks when they initially said 7-10 days. We have it now, that is what is important! :dance:

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Timeline
Oh my Hot Guy- What have they told you? Have you contacted the embassy? I just do not understand how/why they keep a passport for that long. Why would they need it except to issue a visa? That is just crazy! They have everything they need...and meanwhile, you are without your passport!

I really hope that you have been able to talk to someone about it. Did your passport go via DHL?

getting more worried by the day...

Baj :mellow:

They told me that they were going to issue me the visa .and at that point a new AP was required !!

So they are waiting for that AP result to issue me the visa insha'Allah .

I think sometimes they the passport it self '' not just a copy of it i mean '' for some AP .no one knows what they really do ?!!

Yeah i sent my passport to them via DHL .

Good luck and my best wishes for ya .

I hope that he will get his visa soon .

Mohamed

Update! He received his passport with visa by courier today! woo hoo! I hope you get yours soon too. It took a 3.5 weeks when they initially said 7-10 days. We have it now, that is what is important! :dance:

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

PeruvyandGringa: YEA! What wonderful news! :dance:

They told me that they were going to issue me the visa .and at that point a new AP was required !!

So they are waiting for that AP result to issue me the visa insha'Allah .

I think sometimes they the passport it self '' not just a copy of it i mean '' for some AP .no one knows what they really do ?!!

Yeah i sent my passport to them via DHL .

Mohamed-A new AP? I thought your 1st interview was in April. Why a new AP starting in August? Did they tell you why?

How frustrating for you! Insha'Allah you will hear something soon.

Edited by Bajih

ah. the longing....

Timeline
PeruvyandGringa: YEA! What wonderful news! :dance:

Mohamed-A new AP? I thought your 1st interview was in April. Why a new AP starting in August? Did they tell you why?

How frustrating for you! Insha'Allah you will hear something soon.

My first interview was in March and my second interview was in Sept .

You know that the embassy can not say anything to you more than AP !!!

Thank you so much and i really hope that i will hear good news soon .

Mohamed

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.