ms_jinga_lala

My letter to the embassy

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I didn't send this yet. Partly because I'm not in an emotional state to be capable of proofreading or making the best decisions. Please let me know if this is good/bad/needs something/needs to lose something...whatever your thoughts, they are welcome. I will be including my case number when I send it.

Email ---

My fiance attended his K-1 visa interview yesterday, January 28. During the course of the interview he was yelled at repeatedly by the consular officer when he would not change his answers to the questions. The officer repeatedly asked "What did your parents say when when you told them she was divorced with three kids?" (By she he was referring to me.) My fiance's parents told him it was his choice but the consular officer did not believe that and kept yelling over him every time he tried to provide that same answer. After the officer had yelled it several times another woman came over to the officer and the two of them began whispering, asking my fiance a question, then laughing at him as soon as he began to speak. After yelling more than 10 times the same question again, in the presence of the woman, the officer told my fiance that since his parents didn't say anything that his visa was denied and closed the window. This is unprofessional conduct and not the conduct expected or becoming a consular officer. Are your officers expected, trained, or told to publicly humiliate and berate/degrade applicants? Several individuals at other windows also noticed the spectacle.

I am writing to you to formally request a second interview in which I will be present. I am requesting an ethical and professional consular officer to perform the interview and my fiance and myself are prepared to answer any questions.

Also, since it seemed to be a topic of interest, as detailed in my separation papers and divorce decree I separated from my husband in July 2006 and moved 2 states away from him. Due to him being deployed with the U.S. Marine Corps a divorce or formal paperwork was not possible as I was informed by legal those papers could not be served in Iraq. That is the only reason our divorce was delayed. The consular officer did not even seem to know that or have read that at the time of the interview and would not accept that when my fiance tried to tell him so.

signed/name/date/case #

----------------------------------------------------------------

--not included in letter but FYI. My ex husband was in Iraq 25 of the 36 months preceding our divorce. He was not home long enough for legal to get all the papers in order since 2 states had to be involved and papers had to be mailed/notarized/signed, etc. I purchased a house in July 2006 in middle Virginia. He lived in the southernmost tip of SC. There is no doubt we were separated and all that is detailed in our divorce and separation and witnessed by his command. SC was backed up on cases and it took us until after I met my then friend now fiancee to get the divorce finalized. I know that hurt the case a little, however it was clear that we had not lived together in a long time. Divorce is not something simple and quick, any idiot knows that. We had to mutually agree to assets and children while dealing with deployments and deal with overworked Navy legal. That in no way signifies my relationship isn't bona fide and furthermore we did not engaged till after my divorce.

January 2009 - K-1 Denied by the consulate

January 2011 - Moved to India - Yikes!

October 2011 - DCF filing rejected by overzealous employee at the embassy

December 2011 - Tourist visa denied (not surprising)

March 2012 - CR1/IR1 process started

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Read about all the shenanigans of my relationship at American Punjaban PI

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The CO can ask just about anything they want and they are basically immune to reprimand. My husband was asked if his father died because he married a white woman. They can display whatever bigoted behavior they wish because the foreign national has no rights. Some of the officers have quite a long post they choose to serve. Instead of complaining to the embassy you would be better off complaining to the department of state.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Thank you. I will add the DOS to my list of emails to send. I know this may be falling on deaf ears, however I am sending it as a formal request for a new interview in an effort to keep the petition there until I can fly to Delhi myself on behalf of my fiance.

January 2009 - K-1 Denied by the consulate

January 2011 - Moved to India - Yikes!

October 2011 - DCF filing rejected by overzealous employee at the embassy

December 2011 - Tourist visa denied (not surprising)

March 2012 - CR1/IR1 process started

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Read about all the shenanigans of my relationship at American Punjaban PI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.