aatic

What should I learn to get a good part time job in the USA beside study?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello,

I am going to the USA in about 3 or 4 months by an immigrant visa. I have also admitted to the Maryland University in an undergraduate course. I have got a small scholarship. I have 4 months in my hand. So I want to learn something so that I can cover both my tuition and hostel fees. I have an attraction in electronics and electricity. If I do a diploma on Electrical house wiring and freeze, air conditioner then will it help me to get a good part time job beside studying America? What is the demand of such type of learning? Would anyone in America or any knowledgeable person please suggest me something about this…If it has not demand then which things should I learn to get a good part time job in America? What about automobile learning?...Thank you.I will appreciate any reply..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello,

I am going to the USA in about 3 or 4 months by an immigrant visa. I have also admitted to the Maryland University in an undergraduate course. I have got a small scholarship. I have 4 months in my hand. So I want to learn something so that I can cover both my tuition and hostel fees. I have an attraction in electronics and electricity. If I do a diploma on Electrical house wiring and freeze, air conditioner then will it help me to get a good part time job beside studying America? What is the demand of such type of learning? Would anyone in America or any knowledgeable person please suggest me something about this…If it has not demand then which things should I learn to get a good part time job in America? What about automobile learning?...Thank you.I will appreciate any reply..

What visa, specifically?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Hello,

Unfortunately, No simple answer here.

With the current economy there are many displaced workers with experience filling jobs. Most jobs in the electrical and HVAC fields require some level of experience or to start as an apprentice. In most cases some certification or liscence is required (or you work under a liscence holder).

For electrical you would want to study the NEC (National Electrical Code) and applicable NFPA (National Fire protection association) sections.

For HVAC there are certifications and liscences required to work with CFC's (chloro-flouro-clorides).

Electronics is a great field but also, employers are looking for experience.

Another huge factor is location. There is more available in RHVAC in the warmer climates of the US. Alot of electrical jobs are affected by construction trends, manufacturing and demand.

Try not to be overly discouraged by this. There are young men and women here wondering the same thing as you. While you are studying you will have to seek out and find what is available in the area you are moving to. Your best bet may be look on line at job postings and newspapers for the area you are coming to and see what is out there. Your in a tough spot but with hard work and effort you can do it.

You may also talk to a counseler at the University to see what information is available that may aide you.

Best of Luck in your journey and adventure. Be optomistic, study hard and work hard and you can succeed. The road may be bumpy but you can never give up! Those who are strong will perceviere.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
Unfortunately, No simple answer here.

With the current economy there are many displaced workers with experience filling jobs. Most jobs in the electrical and HVAC fields require some level of experience or to start as an apprentice. In most cases some certification or liscence is required (or you work under a liscence holder).

For electrical you would want to study the NEC (National Electrical Code) and applicable NFPA (National Fire protection association) sections.

For HVAC there are certifications and liscences required to work with CFC's (chloro-flouro-clorides).

Electronics is a great field but also, employers are looking for experience.

Another huge factor is location. There is more available in RHVAC in the warmer climates of the US. Alot of electrical jobs are affected by construction trends, manufacturing and demand.

Try not to be overly discouraged by this. There are young men and women here wondering the same thing as you. While you are studying you will have to seek out and find what is available in the area you are moving to. Your best bet may be look on line at job postings and newspapers for the area you are coming to and see what is out there. Your in a tough spot but with hard work and effort you can do it.

You may also talk to a counseler at the University to see what information is available that may aide you.

Best of Luck in your journey and adventure. Be optomistic, study hard and work hard and you can succeed. The road may be bumpy but you can never give up! Those who are strong will perceviere.

Thanks Bernie C a lot. You are really a very good adviser.Yes you are right. can u suggest me where I should go in America.My uncle lives in Pennsylvania,Philadelphia,Hurley court,upper Darby .Will it be a good place to find a good job?..Or would you please suggest something which things I should learn to get a job easily after the entrance in the US?What about Chafe(cooking),or automobiles?If i take a diploma degree from my country..then will it be accepted in America?..Thanks all of u again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.