jonesg111

Update on Domicile

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Mal, I think your contact would be really valuable. I mean after all you are a person who had to leave Canada before your Husband because of, what you believe to be, unfair treatment of DCF applicants with regard to domicile.

So Jones, I have read the correspondence. It's very interesting, thank you for posting it.

I think I will reserve my comments.

Timeline

I didn't file DCF, but the point still stands. I'll have to write up a letter.

Jones, I am not even sure what to say about that response. *shakes head*

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Yea doesnt that seem silly? Send in all the same information as before just change some words so its more formal? Oh well, we'll try again and won't give up if we get the same response. If nothing else they'll eventually get sick of us and we might get a straight answer.

Timeline
Yea doesnt that seem silly? Send in all the same information as before just change some words so its more formal? Oh well, we'll try again and won't give up if we get the same response. If nothing else they'll eventually get sick of us and we might get a straight answer.

Hi Jones,

When you mailed of your documents to Montreal, how long did it take them to even pick up the package from the post office. Our documents are sitting in the post office and it says on hold upon recipient's request...just wondering. I don't want it to sit there forever until Montreal decides to pick it up...

Timeline
Hi Jones,

When you mailed of your documents to Montreal, how long did it take them to even pick up the package from the post office. Our documents are sitting in the post office and it says on hold upon recipient's request...just wondering. I don't want it to sit there forever until Montreal decides to pick it up...

I'm not sure, we mailed them directly to the consulate. I've never heard of what you guys had happen where they're holding them, very very strange!

Timeline

I just wanted to pop in and show my support. I haven’t posted much, but we are in a very similar situation. I’m a USC and we were refused in November for domicile. I followed the CO’s recommendations, went back home (States), gathered further proof and submitted in mid-December.

We have been waiting nearly eight weeks for a response. We are now worried my husband won’t have his passport back in time for a late Feb business meeting in Miami, which could jeopardize his job. Anyhow, the whole situation is making me physically and emotionally sick, and I am just plain reluctant to post more as I am starting to feel real fear and paranoia about the whole thing.

Plus, I’ve gotten flack on VJ forums before by complaining about the hardship this would cause our family. My son is not even two years old. Being separated from his father would be very painful for him, not to mention for me. I would be leaving my husband here to do all the selling/packing/moving, he’d be operating on one income (for us, unfortunately not enough), I would have to borrow my parents’ car to get to work in the US AND my parents (who are in the 70s-range) would have to watch my son while I worked.

Every day, I have to tell myself not to cry, assure myself I don’t need to check into hospital for depression, and try to stay focused. I just can’t even write about it anymore. I really hope we both get good news soon.

DCF Timeline (approximate):

submitted I-130 May 2009

received approval June 2009

submitted DS-230 and checklist July 2009

interview Nov 4, 2009 (IR-1, 221g refusal, domicile)

submitted additional domicile proof December 15, 2009

Received IR-1 Visa Approval: February 26, 2010

Sidelined: emergency surgery!

Anticipated POE date: May 19, 2010

Timeline
Yes, I agree with krikit, send them an email with Urgent in the subject (along with your case number of course).

Hang in there, you will hear from them soon.

Hi MtlMama,

I can totally understand how you feel right now. I'm going through a lot right now as well due to this whole visa mess that we've been put through. I've had panic attacks, depressive phases and basically everything at this point. BUT, let me tell you something...HANG ON! I realized at the end of all this its just not worth it. Being depressed is not going to help you or your family, but rather is going to make it worse. Try to be strong and just treat this like a phase that will soon go away. Take each day as it comes and don't think about the negatives. We have been trying to send in our documents to montreal but they keep rejecting it. First they wouldnt accept it cuz the package was damaged which my husband received back and he said it was only the packaging that was and not our documents. Then when we send it priority next day, they refused to accept it and placed it on hold at the post office for some reason so we lost about 1wks time. I emailed them why this happened 2 days ago, but ofcourse no reply. Rather than killing myself over it, Ive decided im going to take that energy and channel it towards something more positive. I know its easy to talk the talk but hard to walk the walk, but just try it!

So hang in there!

Maybe get your senator involved like Jones did.....

Goodluck!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

This is also happening to us.

If you use the Canada Express Post Envelope as suggested by the Montreal Consulate

it seems to just sit at the post office.

If you use Fed Ex which is OK just not what they tell you at the time of your interview

it goes straight to the Consulate.

I wish we had used Fed Ex instead because now our envelope sits in Mail Limbo.

Can you tell me how long it took for you to actually hear word that it was picked up by the consulate?

Thanks!

Hi Jones,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.