TheMeghan

How much time will it take for RFE and descision

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I know my postings on here seem Ultra Stressed and that’s because I am. Before I started dealing with immigration for my husband and our pursuit of his green card I was a rather carefree person.

But he being a HIGH stressed individual and constantly claiming the gods have given him such bad luck that we are cursed and this won’t work he is not destined to be happy and he might as well prepare to be sent back to India right now plus many other wonderful rants of craziness, well it has made me the person I am now. Funny thing is I have amazing luck, I always tend to get what I want so I tell him that well if there is a balance between us then my luck will of course win out just with his luck it will just be harder than anything should be.

Sadly this has proven to be true. So with stupid stuff happening left and right down to even managing to chose a lawyer who hates dealing with immigration law and got stuck with it from her previous law firm (before they went bankrupt) as a specialty. I find myself at emotional wits end.

So I have 2 questions.

1.) How long does anybody think it could take from when the USCIS receives the packet for the Request of Evidence they asked for on our interview? I know its only been a week since they have received it but I am just curious as to a base possible timeline.

2.) Does anyone know of any support groups available for this stuff? Because I talk to my family and friends and they tell me its all going to be okay but really they don’t have a clue what’s going on as my last family member to come here was over 140 years ago and most of my background comes from the initial people coming over on the mayflower. I have no history of immigration troubles like the beaurocracy of today and my lawyer is almost useless.

Sorry for this to be erratic but well its where I am at right now.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Well give them another week to review your RFE documents.

And this is the best support group a girl can have. We're all stressed, emotional and trying to get by.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I truely sympathize with what you are going through... and I totally agree that noone can understand the frustration that you have to go through with this immigration process... I dont know how to answer your question about the time an RFE takes, But I am here and willing to talk... you can look me up on facebook by my email... sableluv01@yahoo.com

Sometimes ppl get into a rut of bad thinking and draw bad energy to themselves... try to picture your end result... I know it sounds hard with bad things popping up. But one thing I have done for myself is made a picture board and hung it on my wall :P here me out... before you laugh at me... On this Board I glued a pic of me and my hubby at the top... next I printed out a pic of india and then of america... next a plane... then a picture of the family together... etc... I will let you use your imagination for the rest... and everyday I look at this board and try to center all my racing thoughts... I invision AMit here with us..

take care... and know that you are not alone

Melody

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
I know my postings on here seem Ultra Stressed and that’s because I am. Before I started dealing with immigration for my husband and our pursuit of his green card I was a rather carefree person.

But he being a HIGH stressed individual and constantly claiming the gods have given him such bad luck that we are cursed and this won’t work he is not destined to be happy and he might as well prepare to be sent back to India right now plus many other wonderful rants of craziness, well it has made me the person I am now. Funny thing is I have amazing luck, I always tend to get what I want so I tell him that well if there is a balance between us then my luck will of course win out just with his luck it will just be harder than anything should be.

Sadly this has proven to be true. So with stupid stuff happening left and right down to even managing to chose a lawyer who hates dealing with immigration law and got stuck with it from her previous law firm (before they went bankrupt) as a specialty. I find myself at emotional wits end.

So I have 2 questions.

1.) How long does anybody think it could take from when the USCIS receives the packet for the Request of Evidence they asked for on our interview? I know its only been a week since they have received it but I am just curious as to a base possible timeline.

2.) Does anyone know of any support groups available for this stuff? Because I talk to my family and friends and they tell me its all going to be okay but really they don’t have a clue what’s going on as my last family member to come here was over 140 years ago and most of my background comes from the initial people coming over on the mayflower. I have no history of immigration troubles like the beaurocracy of today and my lawyer is almost useless.

Sorry for this to be erratic but well its where I am at right now.

Hi Meghan,

I also find myself in the same situation. My husband is from Poland, and we submitted his AOS application at the beginning of September.

October: Biometrics

November: EAD

November: Interview letter, scheduled for January 5th 2010.

December: got letter in mail December 24, for unforeseen circumstances interview cancelled

( have to wait for a reschedule letter).

December 28: went to infopass appointment. They did not give us any information, just told us to wait for new interview letter)

January 5th: Showed up at the Hartford USCIS office anyway early morning. Guest what, since our file was there, we were interviewed that day at 2 pm.

the officer told us my G325 was missing, to mail that back as soon as possible along with 2 passport size photos.

January 7th: my husband took those documents to the USCIS office in person.

That is a total of 5 months in suspense.. I'm getting more anxious as time goes by. Oh and I forgot to mention that every time I check my case status online, it still say: request for evidence stage.

Remember you are not the only one going through all this. Please keep me updated on your case, and best of luck.

Maria E Espinal

post-78022-1264550291_thumb.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Meghan,

What someone said before, this here is the best support group.

I TOTALLY feel the same way.

When I talk to family on the phone there are always long pauses and then "wait, so when are you coming home?" ERGH!

And friends say I-123 what?

Thanks for sharing your feelings because it's good to know there are many out there who feel the same.

Hi Meghan,

I also find myself in the same situation. My husband is from Poland, and we submitted his AOS application at the beginning of September.

October: Biometrics

November: EAD

November: Interview letter, scheduled for January 5th 2010.

December: got letter in mail December 24, for unforeseen circumstances interview cancelled

( have to wait for a reschedule letter).

December 28: went to infopass appointment. They did not give us any information, just told us to wait for new interview letter)

January 5th: Showed up at the Hartford USCIS office anyway early morning. Guest what, since our file was there, we were interviewed that day at 2 pm.

the officer told us my G325 was missing, to mail that back as soon as possible along with 2 passport size photos.

January 7th: my husband took those documents to the USCIS office in person.

That is a total of 5 months in suspense.. I'm getting more anxious as time goes by. Oh and I forgot to mention that every time I check my case status online, it still say: request for evidence stage.

Remember you are not the only one going through all this. Please keep me updated on your case, and best of luck.

Maria E Espinal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.