Together4ever

Thursday

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm sitting at my desk 30 minutes early. I swear I can't feel my face. Wish I could use this extra 30 minutes to sleep in the morning, but the freaks on the freeway chase me here early to beat the rush.

Friday is creeping up. I really sorely need a weekend. I'm pooped. This weird sort of emotional let down is seeping in and all I want to do is sleep. Mohammed has been just plain "weird" this week. His frustrations at home and his fears the Embassy "is just playing games" have escalated to a point I can tell its all he can do to walk through his day without breaking things. His temper is on a short fuse, and even though he explains he is not angry with me (just things in general), I tend to take it on myself so its been rough. I still can't get it through my stupid head that Egyptians just love to use a loud voice about every little thing. His phone calls are stretching late into the night (thank god for cheap skype rates) so my evenings are basically getting home, changing my clothes, snagging a bottle of water, then the phone rings. After the conversation, I grab a bit to eat, take a shower and go to bed. Sure hope the visa thing happens soon and doesn't get hung up. I don't know how many more weeks of this I can take.

Sorry for the blubbering, I just really needed to vent.

I hope everyone is off to a lovely start today. I hope this day and those to follow hold the best news for everyone. I'm relieved to hear Jess will be heading home by the weekend. Her case is a fine example of "reality" vs. what the press reports. To watch the news you'd think all Americans were already home snuggled safely in their beds days ago. Pfft.

Come on Friday!!!!............

Edited by just_waiting

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good morning Jean (& everyone :P ) - big hug to you.... I understand your frustration, altho, not nearly to the point you feel it... I'm just not there yet, hamdoulillah! I hope I don't wait as long as many of you have, but I'm not holding my breath either. My glimmer of hope right now is that we got "touched" yesterday and I'm seeing many post IMBRA K1's getting touched now w/ NOA2 like a day or 2 later, so again, I'm not holding my breath, but I am hopeful NOA2 is around the corner....

I'm looking forward to tomorrow as I will leave at the a$$crack of dawn to go to a phenomenal dance workshop for 3 days and be w/ many of my "sisters" that I don't see often enough. Lots of good fun to be had- shacking up in a hotel w/ the girls, learning new/old dance stuff, looking at sparkly doodads that I can't afford to buy (altho, I am keeping an eye out for a new costume, need one badly!). These classes are being taught by 2 of my favorite American dancers, both of which had their own shows in Egypt for several years.... It's like Egypt, once removed :P . Anyway, busy day at work today, lots to do tonite to prepare to be gone for 3 days and one of the girls coming to spend the nite w/ me so we can ride together in the morning...

Have a wonderful day full of good news, inch'allah. Love you gals.... (F)

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Noura, that sounds like so much fun! Enjoy your weekend!

Jean, just remember that the e-mail you received earlier this week was good news, and try not to think about "what ifs." I know it's easier said than done, but it doesn't do either one of you any good to think of the negative stuff right now, especially when you're both so stressed. By the way, how is your new job going?

Things here are ok. I bought my friend's present for her lingerie shower last night, and tomorrow night I am headed out to her fiance's family's vacation house which is on this little island only accessible by boat. So basically once I get there, I'm in for the night! A bunch of girls are having her shower there and spending the night (which I am not excited about because it's a night away from my man; I've had too many of those already). Then, Saturday night is her actual bachelorette party and we're going around to all the clubs downtown. They're all staying in a hotel downtown that night, but I am going home afterward because I live locally and don't want to spend another night away from Amed.

This is the most socializing I've ever done for a wedding. I'm excited for my friend, but I'm ready for her wedding so I can actually relax a bit! I like to hang out with friends, but I'm not a huge partier, so I only want to attend so many events, you know? She's had 4 showers, 2 engagement parties and she;s having a bachelorette weekend, a bridesmaids' luncheon, a rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, rehearsal dinner after-party, day-of-wedding brunch, wedding and reception, a wedding after-party, and a day-after brunch. Whew, I'm tired! I'm really excited for her and her fiance, though. They're the cutest couple!

Sorry for the rambling. I'm a bit wired today. Hope everyone has a terrific thursday!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Timeline

GRrrrrrrr... I have to vent for a moment, one moment only, then I'll move on! I GET TO MY OFFICE THIS MORNING AND MY DANG BUSINESS SIGN HAS BEEN VANDALIZED!!!! FREAKIN' SPRAY PAINTED W/ AN "ANARCHY" SIGN AND TOTALLY COVERED ON THE OTHER SIDE..... LITTLE FREAKIN' BASTIDS!!! I JUST CALLED THE POLICE (not like they can do much, the damage is done), but I wanted to report it anyway.... These dang kids need to get back in school.... boredom is not good for business! :angry::blink:

ok, vent done....

Noura

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
His temper is on a short fuse, and even though he explains he is not angry with me (just things in general), I tend to take it on myself so its been rough. I still can't get it through my stupid head that Egyptians just love to use a loud voice about every little thing.

:yes::yes::yes:

I have the hardest time with this too.

Let's seeeee, Thursday hmmm. Not much news here. I may have finally figured out how to wear a shayla (long rectangular scarf) without it going loose after 5 minutes. Huzzah!

Sorry to hear about your sign Noura. I hope they catch the person(s) who did it and make them scrub it off in the 100 degree weather.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

ok, well, the silver lining of the vandalism is - even tho I can't really afford it right now, I'm having a new logo done and now I can get a new sign w/ my new logo and the proper last name (other one had the ex-married name). Just was not an expense in the budget right now... pfffffffffffftttt

Noura

Edited by noura

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

(F) Esalaam Salut and Hello to everyone here (F)

SubhanaAllah another week (almost) passes by... :D Tomorrow is Friday (yea!)

And I can pick up my ticket from the agent inchallah. Breathe a breath of relief this weekend (sigh) and relax a bit. Then on Monday get to cracking on my DZ Visa.....

O man I woke this morning, without my usual headache...my hand didnt reach automatically for the coffee :lol: the birds were chirping outside my window, got one of my fiancee usual weridly sweet messages and all seems to be right in the World. :thumbs:

I am praying for everyone here who waiting for their approvals and those who got approved....well for them I am still praying their loves one arrives ASAP ....amin.

Have a wonderfully pleasant day all !!!!!

Henia :wub:

MH and Noura... You guys are going to have SO much fun. May I live vicariously through you? Ha ha.

MH... the little island thing sounds so gloriously wonderful. I'd love to "borrow" it for a few days and tell no one where I am.

Noura... funny how the bad things always seem to drag a really wonderful thing right along behind them. I'm sorry for the expense but the new logo sounds like a great thing.

rahma... all I can do is just kind of laugh and shake my head. Sheesh.

The new job is going great and I actually like it. It's a much better fit for me.

I will be thinking of you guys as I sit with my snorting and stamping little Egyptian pony. Wow that just gave me a bizarre mental image for a "My Little Pony" doll. :whistle:

Don't get me wrong. I adore this man and he is SO good to me. He goes way beyond what most would do to care for me so all my complaining really isn't necessary. Just those lovely little frustrations in life. I am woman... hear me roar *cough*

Rahman...

Do you use scarf pins? When I wear the "shayla" I pin mine in 4 different places (like they do in Egypt) and it never comes loose. I have some snazzy rhinestones ones that I bought in Alexandria.

His temper is on a short fuse, and even though he explains he is not angry with me (just things in general), I tend to take it on myself so its been rough. I still can't get it through my stupid head that Egyptians just love to use a loud voice about every little thing.

:yes::yes::yes:

I have the hardest time with this too.

Let's seeeee, Thursday hmmm. Not much news here. I may have finally figured out how to wear a shayla (long rectangular scarf) without it going loose after 5 minutes. Huzzah!

Sorry to hear about your sign Noura. I hope they catch the person(s) who did it and make them scrub it off in the 100 degree weather.

Timeline
I'm just trying to get your attention noura! Would you go to your PM messages for me please?! Thanks!

i was away from my desk... i'm back - got ur msg - waiting for ya

Timeline
its my birthday.... sleeping in Zzzzzz... I dont wanna do anything today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ICEY!!!!! SLEEP ON .... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :D(F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.