DainandVicky

Visa still not released

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All

Vicky had her successful interview last Thursday 1-14, she left the embassy by 10 a.m. with a pink slip in hand and told she's approved. She wasn't told there were any additional documents or anything else needed. She signed up for the Air21 delivery and paid the delivery fee, and got a tracking number.

It's now Tuesday evening there, 7:30 p.m. The embassy is closed. The tracking number is still not active, in other words it still hasn't yet left the embassy.

Th. Fri. Mon. Tu., It's already been 4 business days and the visa still isn't printed? It's 6 calendar days...

I called the pay-per-call phone number last night (10:30 a.m. local time Tuesday) and $18 later was not told anything. I was just trying to find out if there's an additional form we needed or a problem with our case. They said all inquiries have to be done by email or fax, and it's still processing. The first lady said it's still with the CO, the second lady or supervisor said it's in final processing and being coordinated between the immigrant visa unit and the non-immigrant visa unit. She told me they cannot see basically anything from their office regarding what the status is, just that it's pending. I said isn't it unusual it isn't shipped yet since it says 7-10 days on the embassy's website? She said that's the time for delivery after the embassy released it and there's no promises about how long it will take them to process it.

I know I'm impatient, yes. I want my honey here with me and I've seen most timelines the visa is received in just a couple of business days or 3-4. Tomorrow it's 5 and it isn't even shipped yet.

Vicky is sending an email to the embassy as I write this that I fully expect will not be answered for days.

What else can I do? The people on the appt/ info. line knew absolutely nothing, I even asked for and spoke to a supervisor. They gave me a local number "nonimmigrant trunk line" that I had Vicky call. They, two seperate times, said they don't have it yet and transferred her to a recording when they said they're transferring her to the immigrant visa dept. She gave up after the second call, can't blame her.

Tomorrow is the 5th business day, I'm only trying to find out what the problem is or why they haven't released it yet, if there's additional documents or something needed from us.

Should I call Dept. of State?

Is this normal?

We're trying to make her travel plans, and we were both sure she'd be here this week. Now... if they ship it tomorrow, maybe. She still has to do the CFO seminar, I told her to wait until she had the visa so she doesn't get hassled for some strange paperwork like i've read so many times. It's very clear on their website the documents required if you have your visa already. If the embassy doesn't ship it soon (like tomorrow) we're going to go another weekend apart, and completely in the dark as to why.

K1:

Began chatting online 1-2-09, Met in Philippines 9-5 to 9-15-09, Mailed I-129F 9-17-09, I-129F delivered by USPS 9-21-09, Check cashed 9-21-09, NOA1 issued 9-21-09, NOA1 paper copy received 9-28-09, NOA2 issued 12-18-09, NVC received date 12-24-09, NOA2 paper copy received 12-28-09, NVC sent date 12-29-09, Embassy received date 01-05-10, Medical 01-07-10 & 01-11-10 approved/ passed, Interview date 01-14-10 APPROVED! MY HONEY'S COMING!, Visa delivered 1-27-10 Manila time, Arrival in U.S. 2-4-10 POE Minneapolis/ St. Paul

Married! 2-14-10 in Las Vegas

AOS:

Applied for SSN 2-17-10 Received SSN and Cert. Marriage Cert. 3-2-10

Mailed AOS packet 3-3-10

AOS paperwork confirmed delivered 3-4-10

Email/ text notification of NOA1s 3-12-10

*touch* 3-15-10 AOS & EAD

Paper copy NOA1s received 3-16-10

*touch* 3-17-10 AOS & EAD

Received biometrics appointment letter 3-20-10, appointment set for 4-12-10

Case transferred to CSC 3-31-10!! Yay!!

Received email notice 4-6-10 I-485 received at CSC

Biometrics done 4-12-10, Milwaukee, WI ASC

Vicky got her driving permit, 4-12-10

*touch* 4-13-10 AOS & EAD

*touch* 4-21-10 AOS only

*touch* 4-22-10 AOS only

EAD card production ordered 5-14-10.

*touch* 5-17-10 EAD only

EAD card production ordered 5-19-10 (again?)

Received "Welcome to USA" letter 5-25-10, permanent resident application approved!

EAD card received 5-29-10

Greencard received 6-11-10

Positive pregnancy test 6-12-10

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember, it took 6 days for my wife to get the visa packet...5 days to release and once air21 got it,they delivered it the next day...I think yours should release soon. :thumbs:

michael

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

monday was a federal holiday. i know usa embassies in india were closed, maybe they were closed in the phils as well.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Timeline
Hi All

Vicky had her successful interview last Thursday 1-14, she left the embassy by 10 a.m. with a pink slip in hand and told she's approved. She wasn't told there were any additional documents or anything else needed. She signed up for the Air21 delivery and paid the delivery fee, and got a tracking number.

It's now Tuesday evening there, 7:30 p.m. The embassy is closed. The tracking number is still not active, in other words it still hasn't yet left the embassy.

omg i dont know what else i can say to you now. i think this delayed processing now is due to cut of this year.ive heard that the consul representatives change yearly.and thats the reason of your visa delayed processing.hhmmmm anyways this is also my problem now.but the only thing i wait for more than 1 month now is the instruction letter of my medical..gggrrrr it is we have already our case number but i dont have recieve yet my medical letter....this delayed processing now is due to visa cut off i think.

Th. Fri. Mon. Tu., It's already been 4 business days and the visa still isn't printed? It's 6 calendar days...

I called the pay-per-call phone number last night (10:30 a.m. local time Tuesday) and $18 later was not told anything. I was just trying to find out if there's an additional form we needed or a problem with our case. They said all inquiries have to be done by email or fax, and it's still processing. The first lady said it's still with the CO, the second lady or supervisor said it's in final processing and being coordinated between the immigrant visa unit and the non-immigrant visa unit. She told me they cannot see basically anything from their office regarding what the status is, just that it's pending. I said isn't it unusual it isn't shipped yet since it says 7-10 days on the embassy's website? She said that's the time for delivery after the embassy released it and there's no promises about how long it will take them to process it.

I know I'm impatient, yes. I want my honey here with me and I've seen most timelines the visa is received in just a couple of business days or 3-4. Tomorrow it's 5 and it isn't even shipped yet.

Vicky is sending an email to the embassy as I write this that I fully expect will not be answered for days.

What else can I do? The people on the appt/ info. line knew absolutely nothing, I even asked for and spoke to a supervisor. They gave me a local number "nonimmigrant trunk line" that I had Vicky call. They, two seperate times, said they don't have it yet and transferred her to a recording when they said they're transferring her to the immigrant visa dept. She gave up after the second call, can't blame her.

Tomorrow is the 5th business day, I'm only trying to find out what the problem is or why they haven't released it yet, if there's additional documents or something needed from us.

Is this normal?

We're trying to make her travel plans, and we were both sure she'd be here this week. Now... if they ship it tomorrow, maybe. She still has to do the CFO seminar, I told her to wait until she had the visa so she doesn't get hassled for some strange paperwork like i've read so many times. It's very clear on their website the documents required if you have your visa already. If the embassy doesn't ship it soon (like tomorrow) we're going to go another weekend apart, and completely in the dark as to why.

Timeline
monday was a federal holiday. i know usa embassies in india were closed, maybe they were closed in the phils as well.

Good point, forgot about that.

K1:

Began chatting online 1-2-09, Met in Philippines 9-5 to 9-15-09, Mailed I-129F 9-17-09, I-129F delivered by USPS 9-21-09, Check cashed 9-21-09, NOA1 issued 9-21-09, NOA1 paper copy received 9-28-09, NOA2 issued 12-18-09, NVC received date 12-24-09, NOA2 paper copy received 12-28-09, NVC sent date 12-29-09, Embassy received date 01-05-10, Medical 01-07-10 & 01-11-10 approved/ passed, Interview date 01-14-10 APPROVED! MY HONEY'S COMING!, Visa delivered 1-27-10 Manila time, Arrival in U.S. 2-4-10 POE Minneapolis/ St. Paul

AOS:

Mailed AOS packet 3-3-10

*touch* 4-21-10 AOS only

*touch* 4-22-10 AOS only

*touch* 5-17-10 EAD only

Received "Welcome to USA" letter 5-25-10, permanent resident application approved!

Timeline
Hi All

Is this normal?

sometimes it take 2 weeks to 3 weeks before the visa deliverd waithing is the most painful but soon your honey well be home for life time

I-129F Sent............................02-21-08

I-129F NOA1...........................02-24-08

I-129F NOA2...........................07-31-08

NVC Received.........................07-14-08

Consulate Received.................07-20-08

Appointment Letter Received....07-31-08

Medical Exam..........................08-26,27-08

Paid Delbros (DV)....................09-09-08

USEM released docs to N.S.O......09-15-08

Interview Date........................09-19-08 (pink slip and white slip for dv)

N.S.O forward dv to USEM...........10-10-08

Papers are ready for review at the Counsel....10-27-08

Waiting for the printing for my visa................11-3-08

Visa Received.........................11-7-08

flight to USA...........................11-15-08

POE DETROIT..........................11-16-08

Married..................................12-30-08

S.S.S.....................................Nov-20-08

State I.D ...............................Nov-22-08

Working Permit........................Feb-12-09

GreenCard...............................Jun-4-09

Let JESUS be

the owner of your Heart...

Let his love be

your inspiration

to live life For

his Glory.....

May the two Heart

finally beat as one

523135dk607du962.gif 2843e33xll20h8.gif

Timeline
sometimes it take 2 weeks to 3 weeks before the visa deliverd waithing is the most painful but soon your honey well be home for life time

Thanks, I'm hoping it will be soon. I had a lot of patience at the other steps but it seems like it all disappeared when they said "approved" hehe

K1:

AOS:

Mailed AOS packet 3-3-10

*touch* 4-21-10 AOS only

*touch* 4-22-10 AOS only

*touch* 5-17-10 EAD only

Yup...this is the most excruciating part of the entire process...waiting for the visa to finally be in her hand. But, it will happen...malapit na...and what a relief it will be! :yes:

When she has the visa in her hand, you guys will finally be able to schedule everything on your own time schedule. I guarantee you... it's a wonderful feeling.

When Air21 finally texted my wife that her visa was on the way, she couldn't bear to wait for them to deliver it that afternoon. She actually jumped on a jeepney and went down to their local office and was fortunate enough to pick it up there.

Hang in there just a bit longer. :thumbs:

Regards...

~ Tahoma & Chinook

I know exactly how you feel. Before my interview, I made a research here on how long it would take the Embassy to release my visa if I'd pick it up. Most people in the past months have written that it only took two days for them. Oh well, it was four business days before they rang me so I could claim my visa. My ex-fiance (now husband) did make inquiries three days after my interview and they gave him the reason that they were printing so many visas at that period. My husband had set my flight even before I passed the interview. I flew on the very day I picked up my visa and received my CFO stamp.

Hakuna matata.

God bless us all.

FAE :luv:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

I don't know what made me so lucky that I got my visa in 2 days knowing that I am from Davao City. As soon as i got back to Davao the following day from Manila I got a text msg from air21 saying that my visa is ready for delivery to our home. I actually wasn't in a hurry to receive it but they surprised me :D It is funny how eager I was to get the process done with the embassy but as soon as I received my visa I cried. Tears of joy and at the same time I was sad & nervous that ill be leaving my home since birth lol.

Just be patient guys, you'll receive it soon. Tell your honey to spend much much time with her family and friends than to worry about the visa to arrive co'z it will arrive eventually. ;) Safe trip to her and best wishes to both of you!!! :)

ZlYHm6.png

Timeline

I think I figured out why I'm so impatient for this step. I keep looking at flights and I'll find a good deal for a certain day, say maybe Friday or Saturday or whatever. I ALMOST buy it... then I think, what if her name is spelled wrong on the visa or it takes too long than I thought it would. Point is, I need to stop looking at flights until she gets her visa in her hand then I will relax more.

My friends were also planning a party this weekend, it's a birthday party for my friend from work but we both thought how great if it's also Vicky's arrival party.

I'll try to relax more.

Thanks as always for helping me keep my head on straight.

K1:

AOS:

Mailed AOS packet 3-3-10

*touch* 4-21-10 AOS only

*touch* 4-22-10 AOS only

*touch* 5-17-10 EAD only

Timeline
I think I figured out why I'm so impatient for this step. I keep looking at flights and I'll find a good deal for a certain day, say maybe Friday or Saturday or whatever. I ALMOST buy it... then I think, what if her name is spelled wrong on the visa or it takes too long than I thought it would. Point is, I need to stop looking at flights until she gets her visa in her hand then I will relax more.

My friends were also planning a party this weekend, it's a birthday party for my friend from work but we both thought how great if it's also Vicky's arrival party.

I'll try to relax more.

Thanks as always for helping me keep my head on straight.

dain remeber what you would tell me lookhow close u are and she will be with u soon than u know u are at the finish line it is almost over !!!

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Timeline

I was interviewed last January 11, the consul said i was approved, and got the pink slip. Paid delivery fee at Air21...until now, i don't have my visa. So..i should be more worried than you :protest: Let me know if you got yours, then i will panic =D

as1cA0fVM001810MDAwMDEwN2x8MDQ1MTAzNGx8V2VcJ3JlIGluIExEUiBmb3IgIA.gif

as1cEZpVM001810MDAwMTg3NHN8MDExM3N8b3VyIEsxIGpvdXJuZXkgc3RhcnRlZA.gif

Timeline

I was interviewed last January 11, the consul said i was approved, and got the pink slip. Paid delivery fee at Air21...until now, i don't have my visa. So..i should be more worried than you :protest: Let me know if you got yours, then i will panic =D

Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.