Calypso

No CFO Yet?

17 posts in this topic

Aside from St. Mary's and Cebu, you may also go to this place for the CFO:

People's Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization, Inc. (PRISM)

2nd Floor, Banco de Oro Building, 2242 Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila

Telefax: (632) 525-3114

Tel Nos.: (632) 525-4314 & (632) 525-3783

E-mail: prism.foundation@gmail.com

That's where I had my CFO seminar a day after my interview before going back to Cebu. I think PRISM conducts the CFO seminar three times a day and they accommodate as many people as they can. They only require two valid IDs. I showed my original postal ID and TIN and handed them the photocopies. PRISM used to admit those who just have their NBI clearance or birth certificate (I don't know if they still do until now). Fee: Php 250

The talk endured for about an hour, there was a very brief Q&A vis-a-vis with the counselor (she asked me two simple questions), and next was picture-taking for the yellow certificate. In less than two hours, I was already out of the building with my yellow certificate. I didn't go to St. Mary's because Quezon City is quite far from the hotel (where I stayed) near the Embassy.

The last instructions given by PRISM: Just go to the CFO Manila Office once you have your visa. Pay Php 400, present two valid IDs (photocopied) and bring your yellow certificate from PRISM. There was no queue when I went and after paying and a few minutes of waiting in CFO Citigold, I already had my sticker and the green certificate and so ready to fly to LAX.

Address:

CFO Manila Office

Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Ave.

Corner South Superhighway, Manila

Tel. Nos.: (632) 561-8321 ext. 104 to 105, 201 to 203 & (632) 562-3848

Fax No.: (632) 561-8332

E-mail: cfodfa@info.com.ph

I am posting this because I had an easy and fast CFO experience. May you all have the same, too. You don't have to go to QC. I am not familiar with Manila and I went by myself to two different locations to complete the CFO but it was a fun adventure. I was thinking that Cebu makes it one whole day (that's no way for me!) while St. Mary's is far.

Hakuna matata.

God bless us constantly.

FAE :luv:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

That's where I had my CFO seminar a day after my interview before going back to Cebu. I think PRISM conducts the CFO seminar three times a day and they accommodate as many people as they can. They only require two valid IDs. I showed my original postal ID and TIN and handed them the photocopies. PRISM used to admit those who just have their NBI clearance or birth certificate (I don't know if they still do until now). Fee: Php 250

The talk endured for about an hour, there was a very brief Q&A vis-a-vis with the counselor (she asked me two simple questions), and next was picture-taking for the yellow certificate. In less than two hours, I was already out of the building with my yellow certificate. I didn't go to St. Mary's because Quezon City is quite far from the hotel (where I stayed) near the Embassy.

The last instructions given by PRISM: Just go to the CFO Manila Office once you have your visa. Pay Php 400, present two valid IDs (photocopied) and bring your yellow certificate from PRISM. There was no queue when I went and after paying and a few minutes of waiting in CFO Citigold, I already had my sticker and the green certificate and so ready to fly to LAX.

Address:

CFO Manila Office

I am posting this because I had an easy and fast CFO experience. May you all have the same, too. You don't have to go to QC. I am not familiar with Manila and I went by myself to two different locations to complete the CFO but it was a fun adventure. I was thinking that Cebu makes it one whole day (that's no way for me!) while St. Mary's is far.

Hakuna matata.

God bless us constantly.

Salamat for this...God Bless

K1 JOURNEY

September 14, 2009 – NOA 1

December 17, 2009 – NOA 2(APPROVAL NOTICE)

January 6,2010 – NVC ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL REVIEW,RETURNED OUR PETITION TO USCIS

March 3, 2010 – REOPENED AND RECONSIDERED

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

APRIL 3, 2010 – REAFFIRMED(APPROVED)

APRIL 12, 2010 – CALLED NVC, CASE NO.ASSIGNED

APRIL 30, 2010 - CALLED NVC AGAIN, THEY SAID OUR PAPERS ARE STILL IN USCIS:(

JUNE 18, 2010 - FINALLY, NVC SENT OUR PAPERS TO MANILA

JUNE 25, 2010 - EMBASSY HAVE THE ELECTRONIC COPY

JULY 6 and 7 2010 - MEDICAL(PASSED^_^)

JULY 12, 2010 - INTERVIEW (PASSED)THANK YOU GOD!!!

JULY 21, 2009 - POE(SAN FRANCISCO,WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY:))

CRBA JOURNEY(out of WEDLOCK)

JANUARY 17, 2009 – called FEDEX, ordered packet!

MARCH 15, 2009 – CALLED FEDEX FOR PICK UP

MARCH 17, 2009 – RECEIVED A CALL FROM EMBASSY FOR OUR DAUGHTER’S APPERANCE.MAR. 30:)

MARCH 30, 2009 – CRBA APPROVED WITHOUT DNA,TO GOD BE THE GLORY:)

APRIL 14, 2009 – CRBA CERTIFICATE AND US PASSPORT RECEIVED(YAY!!!)

AOS

DECEMBER 7, 2010 – sent AOS docs via USPS Express mail to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

DECEMBER 8, 2010 – package was delivered to USCIS, signed by R. Mercado

DECEMBER 15, 2010 – cheque cashed

DECEMBER 17, 2010 - received NOA 1 for I-765, I-485 in the mail dated DEC. 14

DECEMBER 23, 2010 - received biometrics appointment(JAN 14,2010)dated DEC 17.

I FOUND MY DESTINY,MY SOUL MATE,MY BETTER HALF!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do we have to make a reservation like what it says in the website? Can my Mother go @ PRISM? My friends says she tried to make a reservation for her Mother two weeks before her departure and they sent her an email that there's no available until next four weeks. We're trying to bring my Mother her on Feb 04. She lives in Mindanao. I made a reservation online but I have to wait 3 days before I heard anything. So I am thinking to give them a call this Monday. Do you know what time their open please? thanks!

Address:

CFO Manila Office

Hakuna matata.

God bless us constantly.

..............Timeline.............

F2A- brother (20 yrs. old)

Dec 15,2010: NOA1(Priority Date)

May 10,2011: NOA2( Approved)

May 21,2011: Called NVC got case number

May 26,2011: called NVC to set up emails

May 26,2011: received an email from NVC- P3AU english(stating the visa is not available for your use)

Waiting..............

Hello Jmari!

I didn't make any reservations for PRISM. I just called up to check their specific time schedules last year and if I remember correctly, they have seminars that start at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. They said it's walk-in. I have chosen to go there at 1 p.m. and there were plenty of seats. Even when I called, they said that there's no limit as to how many they would entertain each day.

Hakuna matata.

God bless us all.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

No reservations needed at PRISM in Manila. My girl walked in 2 min before the seminar started, and was warm welcomed. Its better than doing CFO in Cebu--no mean nuns here!

Oh, Pinay should wait to do CFO AFTER she has visa in hand. So much easier and no suprise requests for unusual paperworks and documents.

Cheers.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Is an NBI clearance certificate considered a valid ID by the CFO for purposes of attending the CFO seminar?

I have no other current Philippine ID anymore except for my PH passport. I'm thinking an NBI clearance (renewal) is easier to obtain than a postal ID. All that the CFO website says about valid IDs is "One (1) valid identification card with photograph (eg., SSS ID, GSIS E-card, PRC ID, driver's license, postal ID, ARC, etc.)" I have no idea what IDs are included in their "etc."

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

arbind.ariadne: wow that was fast with CFO... i just got my visa and planning to go get that sticker but can't decide if it's better to go in the morning or afternoon. what time did you go to CFO? :unsure:

armenia: i only presented my passport for ID when i had my seminar in PRISM. because that was the only ID i have in my married name :lol: you are good.

955jbsadc6.png

american.gif philippines.gif

Visa Journey

08/01/2009 - Sent I-130 package

09/18/2009 - I-130 approved

09/30/2009 - Case number assigned

12/17/2009 - Failed log in / Case completed YES!!

02/03/2010 - VISA interview at 830am -- VISA APPROVED

03/06/2010 - POE San Francisco via PAL

04/17/2010 - GC and SSN in the mail

ROC

01/06/2012 - Sent I-751 package to CSC

01/09/2012 - I-751 delivered at 11:12am / Date of NOA1

01/12/2012 - Check cashed

01/14/2012 - Received NOA1 hard copy

01/20/2012 - Date of ASC Appointment letter

01/25/2012 - Received ASC Appointment letter hard copy

02/07/2012 - Biometrics done

03/06/2012 - CR1 expiration

06/13/2012 - Date ROC approved

06/15/2012 - Ordered new card production

06/19/2012 - USCIS mailed the new card

06/21/2012 - Got approval letter and my 10 year GC in the mail (GC expires 06/15/2022)

N-400

12/09/2014 - Sent N-400 package

12/13/2014 - N-400 delivered at 10:13 am

12/15/2014 - Date of NOA

12/16/2014 - Date NOA was received by USCIS

12/22/2014 - Received NOA (hard copy) in the mail

12/30/2014 - Date of Yellow Letter

01/04/2015 - Received yellow letter in the mail

01/07/2015 - Biometrics appointment

01/09/2015 - In line for the interview

01/16/2015 - Received interview letter in the mail

02/13/2015 - Interview date (Approved)

04/03/2015 - Oath Ceremony

arbind.ariadne: wow that was fast with CFO... i just got my visa and planning to go get that sticker but can't decide if it's better to go in the morning or afternoon. what time did you go to CFO? :unsure:

armenia: i only presented my passport for ID when i had my seminar in PRISM. because that was the only ID i have in my married name :lol: you are good.

Thanks. Good to know that they require just one ID.

I asked about the NBI clearance as another photo ID because there's this CFO website (http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=329&Itemid=78#First) that says two valid IDs with photos are required for the Guidance and Counseling Program, which I assume refers to the Guidance and Counseling Session.

Is an NBI clearance certificate considered a valid ID by the CFO for purposes of attending the CFO seminar?

I have no other current Philippine ID anymore except for my PH passport. I'm thinking an NBI clearance (renewal) is easier to obtain than a postal ID. All that the CFO website says about valid IDs is "One (1) valid identification card with photograph (eg., SSS ID, GSIS E-card, PRC ID, driver's license, postal ID, ARC, etc.)" I have no idea what IDs are included in their "etc."

Just give that a try in PRISM. They don't seem so strict. :star:

Abbie, I went to PRISM at 1 p.m.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Address:

CFO Manila Office

Hakuna matata.

God bless us constantly.

Hi Ma'm!

i would like to know what is PRISM for and CFO? i live in cebu, i'd like to know where specifically in cebu. We are still wating for our NOA2 but i am starting to gather information at this point so i won't miss anything as soon as i we get our NOA2.

God Bless

~M~

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My Finace' did her seminar at PRISM in Manila yesterday. SHe said the video and the talk was very informative, and she learned about the cultural diffeerences, particulary how Americans have NO idea about Tampo and Filipino traditions.. :blink:

But my girl said during the interview, the PRISM woman kept telling her that she's too young (she's 21 and had parental consent letter) to leave the Philippines and marry some stranger and kept telling her about horror stories regarding young women leaving PH and going the US and getting beat up and abused. She said the woman asked her several times "are you sure he won't be mean to you and beat you?" She said the woman kept saying, "I can't allow you to leave, you're just too young"......I thought only St Mary's nuns asked those kinds of questions.... :angry:

Anyway, she gave my girl a hard time but my girl said she just smiled and kept answering her questions honestly and she eventualy got her yellow CFO certificate. Her CFO experience lasted about 3 hrs, which I suppose is better than an all day affair at St Mary's in Cebu. And she was only asked for her NBI ID.

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

Yeah I was talking to Mhay about the CFO seminar there and she said that with the CR-1 visa that immigration will "watch" her and make visits to our house to make sure the relationship is real. I kinda laughed at that one. Really, how many people have had immigration come to their house to check up on them? :blink:

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Yeah I was talking to Mhay about the CFO seminar there and she said that with the CR-1 visa that immigration will "watch" her and make visits to our house to make sure the relationship is real. I kinda laughed at that one. Really, how many people have had immigration come to their house to check up on them? :blink:

if im not mistaken thats for K1 and not for CR1 they have to make sure that those in k1 did not get married for visa purposes only im not sure if its really true tho

Edited by Dianne ♎

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

My previous marriage was a K-1...we never got checked on. Mhay did say they said that about the CR-1 visa holders.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.