Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think i found a way around the passport ( no ssn#) so i can get Caihla her Canadian Citizenship. i need only ONE photo id for her and i can get a State Id card here for a child apparently. That should work according to the info on the Canada site along with her birth certificate. So i can worry about her ssn and usa passport later on.

Ohhh that's a good idea. I may use that one too then!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

I think i found a way around the passport ( no ssn#) so i can get Caihla her Canadian Citizenship. i need only ONE photo id for her and i can get a State Id card here for a child apparently. That should work according to the info on the Canada site along with her birth certificate. So i can worry about her ssn and usa passport later on.

That is exactly what we are doing.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

So my lower back has been really sore the last couple of days. I'm not sure if that means anything but i know i've been taking it easy and resting. No other weirdness other than the occasional contraction that causes me to have trouble standing up straight cuz my pelvis feels like it has so much pressure. My next appointment is tomorrow. Wondering if the baby has moved further down and is now in that pelvic area. would explain alot. Keep reading up on signs of labour since i have no idea what to expect other than what i read. getting kind of anxious nervous as well.

Just made a birth plan, going to give it to my OB tomorrow to see if its ok and stuff. its just a one page simple thing really. This weekend i should finish packing my bag for me and hubby. Baby bag has been packed for 2 weeks already lol. Trying to figure out what else i need to do before hand but keep drawing blanks. I attempted to teach hubby how to use the new washer/ dryer and dishwasher..i have a feeling that will be an issue lol.

I made some food i can freeze and hubby can just heat and server so i don't have to cook the first week. really need to get off my butt and get hubby to put the car seat in car. or figure it out..or go to the FD to ask them to help lol.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So my lower back has been really sore the last couple of days. I'm not sure if that means anything but i know i've been taking it easy and resting. No other weirdness other than the occasional contraction that causes me to have trouble standing up straight cuz my pelvis feels like it has so much pressure. My next appointment is tomorrow. Wondering if the baby has moved further down and is now in that pelvic area. would explain alot. Keep reading up on signs of labour since i have no idea what to expect other than what i read. getting kind of anxious nervous as well.

Sounds like what "early labor" could be. We were discussing stages of labor at my childbirth class last night and she said that back pain and crampy contractions that would make you bend over and stop what you were doing for a minute or so. We discussed that this could go on for days. Hope your little girl has gotten herself firmly seated in your pelvis so she can get herself out when the time comes. What is your due date again?

Yesterday, I was 30 weeks and I was having back pain and bend over moments myself. They basically quit when I laid down, but I have to say it scared me because I don't want my twins to come this early. I need 6 to 10 weeks more to wrap my head around the fact that my life will change forever. Today my DH and me are having maternity pictures done. It is supposed to be a beautiful fall day. DH doesn't have to work overtime this Friday (the first time in about 6 months!). He is very happy about that. He had been getting crabby about how the US companies work their employees too much.

What are everyone's plans for Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday? DH wants a special meal so I am going to whip one up, too bad that with gestational diabetes I won't be able to eat much of it. Tuesday is his birthday and we are going out to eat for that.

Timeline

Sounds like what "early labor" could be. We were discussing stages of labor at my childbirth class last night and she said that back pain and crampy contractions that would make you bend over and stop what you were doing for a minute or so. We discussed that this could go on for days. Hope your little girl has gotten herself firmly seated in your pelvis so she can get herself out when the time comes. What is your due date again?

Yesterday, I was 30 weeks and I was having back pain and bend over moments myself. They basically quit when I laid down, but I have to say it scared me because I don't want my twins to come this early. I need 6 to 10 weeks more to wrap my head around the fact that my life will change forever. Today my DH and me are having maternity pictures done. It is supposed to be a beautiful fall day. DH doesn't have to work overtime this Friday (the first time in about 6 months!). He is very happy about that. He had been getting crabby about how the US companies work their employees too much.

What are everyone's plans for Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday? DH wants a special meal so I am going to whip one up, too bad that with gestational diabetes I won't be able to eat much of it. Tuesday is his birthday and we are going out to eat for that.

Technically i'm due Oct 30th, and she already said due to the GD she wont let me go past that date. I couldn't imagine having twins with twice the pain and stuff. don't think i'd survive it lol.

I haven't celebrated Canadian thanksgiving since i moved here :( and you should be fine, just lay off the gravy/ potatoes stuffing. eat tons of the rest lol.

ugh so i went to my appointment today, everything is looking good still, but my cervix is still thick and not interested in thinning yet so she tried to get it to jump start by poking around and trying to see if she could feel the baby's head. Needless to say i'm sore with more backache and cramps now and bleeding which she told me was normal. and she had me adjust my gd meds to dinner time since my morning numbers are dropping. i was at like 56 this am which is way too low.

FYI splenda is a godsend lol, i made some banana cake and oatmeal cookies and they tasted good, a bit drier than normal but i can adjust that with more egg or milk etc. i just figured out the carbs from the flour etc and divided it by the number of pieces to get a per pcs amount. i really needed something sweet lol.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

We do Canadian Thanks Giving every year, we can't get enough of it.

Kimbear you don't have to be induced if you prefer not too, as long as baby and you are doing well. They can do an ultrasound to check on things, but it sounds like you won't have to worry about that, after your OB pissed off your cervix.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kimbear, sorry that you had to have your cervix messed with today. Sounds not so much fun. Today I had another "vaginal exam" which I guess I will have every week from now until the babies are born. At least today, the doctor seemed more gentle and I am not having terrible cramps and pain afterward.

Maternity photos had to be pushed back until Sunday. Hopefully the weather is good then.

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been so stressed this week, waiting for our insurance policy numbers to arrive in the mail and they're still not here. There was a mix up with my husband's work and we're late getting our benefits info. They took double deductions off this paycheque because they didn't take any off last time. I'm worried that even though our benefits are dated from Oct. 1 on that they won't reimburse us for my prescriptions (1160$ so far). We have to start paying rent this month and this prescription cost is just killing us. I feel like the American medical system just holds you ransom and causes stress levels to go through the roof. I don't even know if my prescription will be covered because it was written before our benefits started, or if I have to get a new one written. Ugh! I'm anxious to get to see a real family Dr. too. Every time I think about things, I want to cry.

Kimbear, sounds like things are trying to progress! This is exciting, but the more I read about getting to the finish line, the more nervous I get too!

Lilac, that's cool you're getting maternity photos. I feel so self conscious about being pregnant (honestly, I just look fatter). I hope that it becomes obvious soon.

Management is spraying or baiting my apartment for insects on Monday, Happy Thanksgiving. I'm pretty bummed, I wanted to have a special meal, but I'll be washing dishes all day after they're done and cleaning all day Sunday getting ready for them. I haven't seen any bugs at all, I think it's just a yearly maintenance thing they do. I had all these big plans for Thanksgiving and have just been so lazy and tired to do anything. I definitely plan on making a pumpkin pie though either this weekend or early next week.

Been feeling really lonely this past week or so. I don't have any friends or family out here and my husband is so stressed and busy with work as a new teacher. I'm also a source of gossip among his family, so I stay away a bit. His mom and dad though have been great, I just wish his brother was more of a family type person as I'm an only child and would love to have that sibling connection. My mom is really struggling financially also so we can't afford to bring her out and she can't afford to take time off work.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but you guys are the closest people I know that know what it's like to be separated from your homeland!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

Team Green has turned into a baby girl! Lily arrived on October 10th weighing 6 pounds 6 ounces and 20.5 inches long. She was definitely bigger than expected and all that worrying ended up not mattering. She had to deal with jaundice and we stayed in hospital an extra day and a half in pediatrics under the bili lights. That was very emotional- she would cry and cry and squirm around to get out of the eye coverings and I wasn't allowed to pick her up for hours. :( Thankfully she was released late Saturday and we are all home now. And of course, utterly sleepless. I knew babies were a lot of work but no one told me I'd get an hour of sleep a night. I think it's cluster feeding ... anyway, I'll fill you in more later but wanted to update you. She has beautiful eyes and hair that totally remind me of my husband :) I was bald when born haha!

VeeNDee

Timeline

Wow! Congratulations! Get some rest mama! Yay baby girl!

Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
March 31, 2013 - POE

Timeline

Congrats! Cluster feeding is not fun but at least it doesn't last forever. Take care and try and rest when you can.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Just a thought about borders and babies. At the hospital they gave us a form to fill out for the birth certificate and said we needed to wait two to four weeks before sending in the application. And then with the shutdown they weren't sure how long that would take after. They also gave me a square paper that is a commemorative birth certificate from the hospital. Basically, it's designed for the baby book, but it is signed by the OB, Admin and the attending nurse. I wonder if that is what they talk about for proof from the hospital. Not very official looking but....

On a side note, baby Lily is slightly more calm the last day and she seems able to sleep for an hour at a time at night. Sometimes. I got a two hour stretch last night that was heavenly. When she wakes up though she wants to eat forever (this morning she fed for an hour and a half!) and it's all I can do not to fall asleep during. Zzzzzzz. Things are progressing a little easier now on day 5.

We fall in love with her even more everyday and just when you didn't think it was possible, even more. Just can't stop watching her :)

VeeNDee

Timeline

Not really sure the hospital certificate will work. I'd be too scared to try it.

Sounds like she doing a good job at telling your body to make milk. It really takes the first 6 weeks to really get your milk established. If the hospital didn't give you the info about Kellymom.com you should look into it. That site is awesome, even after having BF my first 4 I still looked stuff up with #5 and most likely will for this little guy.

I still have the same feeling when I stared at Alexis sleeping 2 years later. It never stops being amazing.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

My benefits finally kicked in. I got 2 weeks worth of meds for 5 bucks instead of 1100$. Pretty sure I can get reimbursed for my first 2 weeks meds in October also.

Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
March 31, 2013 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.