Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

The doctor said i've pretty much got the chest pain for the whole pregnancy. sad.png but that it should go away after. some days are better than others at least. No one has touched my belly or asked, aside form hubby, and i'm glad. its just so weird for ppl to do that i mean jeez lol.

I hope the pain isn’t too bad. :( It’s good that it should go away.

What is with people wanting to touch pregnancy bellies and asking strangers if they can touch them? You wouldn’t walk up to a strange guy and say hey can I feel your abs...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Random...is anyone else waking up in the middle of the night around 3am with their stomach growling unable to sleep? I keep raiding the cupboards in the middle of the night before I can go back to sleep. Usually settle on a simple granola bar. Are any of you taking naps? I tested negative on gestational diabetes but they found I have anemia so now I'm on iron.

That's me, all right. 3AM to 3:15AM like clockwork, Niblet is sending me shuttling off to the kitchen. I've been snacking on roasted almonds (vanilla flavour is very good!), a piece of bread sometimes with a dab of peanut butter, cottage cheese or occasionally milk. Chocolate milk is the only surefire thing I've been able to have which relieves the heartburn that inevitably shows up. If you're achy and uncomfortable, make a nest of pillows and try to settle yourself in the middle. Another suggestion is a long body pillow you can snuggle up to.

I'm a total napper: exhausted after I get home from work, or in bed for a 2 hour power jag. I bet the iron is the culprit. I'll find out tomorrow I'm sure. Also not sure when they're scheduling me for glucose, given I'm around 28 weeks, but I'm going to fast and be careful for it anyways. I'm within the 24 hour window now, time to drink tons of water and go all out on eggs.

gained another 8 lbs, and she said not to worry that my weight gain is good and within limits. its not too much or too little. She did tell me i could take Zantac for my really bad indigestion, which always crops up around 10pm right before bed. I had it so bad the other day i thought i was going to be sick again And she said 1 mg of magnesium would help with my leg cramps, ( omg now that was a killer pain middle of the night in my calf!!!) and that my left foot / leg swelling more than the right foot is normal and nothing to worry about. I've already had to buy bigger sandals and socks!

Oh geez, me too! :( I was a real couch potato the months before I got pregnant, undid all my hard work weight training, swimming, and whatnot. So when I did get pregnant, I was at a higher BMI and weight than I had been for two years. My diet's pretty good and thought things were under control, but when I learned two weeks ago I've gained about 25 lbs with Niblet, I just about fainted. :/ Apparently my mother gained a ton of water weight too, and the edema is showing up in my poor feet. Let me tell you how rare size 10.5 is. :P

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Autumnal, try http://www.vitals.com and http://www.healthgrades.com

You can put in the specialty you are looking for and read other people's reviews of that doctor.

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Timeline

Hey gals! I haven't been around for a while but wanted to check in and see how all the pregnancies are going. Sounds like everyone is progressing well! :)

Baby Ally is going to be 10 months on the 22nd. It goes SO FAST. Enjoy every second. She's just a hyper little bug, crawls and scoots around everywhere and gets into everything. But she's so fun and really talkative... she doesn't stop!

I found Ally's ped by looking around online and reading reviews. He's really good. Sometimes overcautious, but that's better than someone who is passive and doesn't care.

Oh and congrats Ontarkie!!

Timeline

Today was the first time I fell victim to the reach out and touch my belly phenomenon - totally weird how women I know at church just walk up to me, touch my belly, then ask me how I am feeling. I know people are excited since there haven't been many babies born lately.

I have begun second trimester vomiting brought on by coughing up post nasal drip - not cool. It is freaking dh out and I am waking him up with the coughing - vomiting sucks. Any ideas to get rid of post nasal drip that work during pregnancy?

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Timeline

Today was the first time I fell victim to the reach out and touch my belly phenomenon - totally weird how women I know at church just walk up to me, touch my belly, then ask me how I am feeling. I know people are excited since there haven't been many babies born lately.

I have begun second trimester vomiting brought on by coughing up post nasal drip - not cool. It is freaking dh out and I am waking him up with the coughing - vomiting sucks. Any ideas to get rid of post nasal drip that work during pregnancy?

not really, i was told to just take an allergy pill which didnt' do jack for me. it lasted til around 5 months. every morning i would cough gag and puke :( its more or less gone away aside from teh stuffy swollen nose which is here to stay til baby is born it seems.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Yeah been having a stuffy nose constantly every morning with post nasal drip too.. I'm 26 weeks now and the past two days it's been less drippy and more just stuffy/swollen but that's easier to handle. What we did was try a diffuser my mother in law lent us, and we also have a Vicks vapo rub humidifier in the air that seems to help loosen it up a tiny bit. I haven't really dared to take any allergy meds (having enough med issues other than that at the moment) plus they've rarely worked on me in the past so just toughing it out.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

So weird isn't it... it's been people I never expected to do that, or people I don't even know on a first name basis. I guess having twins means you draw twice the attention too - good luck fending off the belly touchers. My sympathies!!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Well although it is little consolation at least I can tell my Canadian dh that it is a symptom of pregnancy that may go away or at least the puking part of it. I will have to try the humidifier. I have also found that the allergy med that they recommended early isn't working anymore because it isn't really allergies now, it is pregnancy weepy nose. It was so weird that the vomiting didn't start until week 14 and I am 17 weeks now.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I just scheduled a 3d/4d ultrasound for this Tuesday biggrin.png.. I can't wait to see our little munchkin! biggrin.png

I can't believe I am almost 29 weeks already. 79 days to go!

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Oh Marilyn that sounds like so much fun. I hope that the experience is a good one. Time seems to pass so quickly.

I think today I was feeling my babies from the inside - sort of felt like someone tickling me from the inside. Really weird.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had my first sonogram on Friday! Saw the heartbeat and cried! I'm just anxiously waiting for my nurse practitioner to call me re: gestational age and to tell me that all looks well. I'm such a worry wart! I just want to make our announcement after I know that everything is ok!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the 3d/4d session went really good yesterday. I got to sit in a comfortable leather recliner. they should have those at the doctor's office. It is always so uncomfortable to have to lie flat on the exam table...

the pics came out decent.. but she was kind of squished with a lot of stuff around her..

we did find out that it is for sure a girl...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Had my first sonogram on Friday! Saw the heartbeat and cried! I'm just anxiously waiting for my nurse practitioner to call me re: gestational age and to tell me that all looks well. I'm such a worry wart! I just want to make our announcement after I know that everything is ok!

Hope you get your news soon. Seeing the heartbeat was emotional for me too - both my DH and I cried.

Marilyn, glad your 3d ultrasound went well. A nice leather recliner does sound great for doing an ultrasound.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.