Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My sister has a little girl who was born in April and she told me I get everything that her girl out grows since they are having one. I want to garage sale for neutral things but I know that sometimes you can get perfect clearance things at babysrus, kohls, etc as long as we shop a season ahead, then we just pray that our babies don't out grow the stuff before they wear it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I told my mom (in Canada) and the in-laws (who live here) that we are expecting! They are pretty tickled! I'm going to go to PP tonight to get my official pg test and then research some women's clinics who do the sliding scale thing. It's all so nerve wracking and doesn't even seem real yet. Since I'm heavier and older, I do have some worries..but all my research says that if I take care of myself, eat healthy, exercise that everything should be fine..so here's praying it will!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

earlier today my little munchkin was very active. It felt like she was kicking me down below. ouch! then it felt like she was swimming laps or something..lol My husband started talking to her and she stopped. :)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jens, glad to hear that your family are excited. I too am older, I will be 37 this Sunday and I am overweight but I keep exercising and eating right.

Timeline

I guess they changed the test. It used to be you would go for a 1 hour glucose screening test and if you failed that you went for a 3 hour glucose tolerance test. Now they just do a 2 hour glucose tolerance test.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Interesting, my doc still does the one hour and then if need be the 3h one.

I am almost 20 weeks, but i have not felt a thing from the baby yet. at least i don't think i have. Kinda worried about that :( although i did read it could just be the position the baby is in. I guess i'll find out on Monday at our big appointment.

I guess they changed the test. It used to be you would go for a 1 hour glucose screening test and if you failed that you went for a 3 hour glucose tolerance test. Now they just do a 2 hour glucose tolerance test.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I am almost 20 weeks, but i have not felt a thing from the baby yet. at least i don't think i have. Kinda worried about that sad.png although i did read it could just be the position the baby is in. I guess i'll find out on Monday at our big appointment.

I am 21 weeks now and only feel the baby move a little-some days I am not sure it moves. Then every few days it has a Kick Fest and I'm like "Oh hi baby!" I don't think at this point we are supposed to feel it regularly. I told the Ob/GYN at 19 weeks that my husband felt the baby kick (he only felt it once and hasn't since) and she seemed shocked and said our baby must be extra strong. But even for being strong it doesn't kick very often. Bet you are really looking forward to Monday!!!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

I am almost 20 weeks, but i have not felt a thing from the baby yet. at least i don't think i have. Kinda worried about that sad.png although i did read it could just be the position the baby is in. I guess i'll find out on Monday at our big appointment.

you might not feel anything yet if it is your first pregnancy.. This is my third pregnancy, I never felt anything with the first two. With this one at first it felt like little bubbles popping or some people say it feels kind of like butterflies.. also some babies just are not as active as others..

http://www.webmd.com/baby/fetal-movement-feeling-baby-kick?page=2

the new glucose test is fairly recent..

"In 2011, the American Diabetes Association adopted guidelines that recommend changes in the way women are tested for gestational diabetes. Instead of the GCT described above, a 2-hour OGTT, using a 75-gram glucose drink, is performed. If one or more of her glucose levels at fasting, 1 hour, or 2 hours are above a certain level, then she is diagnosed as having gestational diabetes."

http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/glucose/tab/test

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Babies have their own movement routines, that's what I'm discovering. I've felt Niblet since about 14-15 weeks (first pregnancy), but then I was really paying attention for it. The little one likes to get me when I'm sitting very still, sometimes listening to certain songs, definitely when I'm about to fall asleep... and whenever Daddy leans over to offer a loving "Hello, Niblet!" as part of his morning/evening greetings. I'm up to almost 23 weeks now, and the baby absolutely seems to respond to the gentle pressure and conversation of its father.

Figures! ;) He's got a thespian's voice, I put the blame there.

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Timeline

Is this through your Canadian or American insurance? If it's American, some of the mandates of the Affordable Care Act (ACA, "Obamacare") already cover breast pumps under the "Women's and Preventive Health" measures. It should already be covered for you, at least for most plans. I'd call your plan and ask to know whether the breastfeeding supplies are covered for your plan, if they offer discounted rates through specific vendors/providers, and what other benefits you have.

See: http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/2011/08/womensprevention08012011a.html

and

See: http://healthfinder.gov/HealthTopics/Category/pregnancy/getting-ready-for-your-baby/breastfeed-your-baby#take-action_1

Your state will probably also provide support if you're considered low income, though I don't want to make any assumptions there. If your baby is due after 1/1/14, you may also be eligible to enroll on a more affordable health plan on the Marketplace. And in that case, they do have to cover the breastfeeding equipment as part of the Essential Health Benefits package. Your mileage may vary depending on your income and your state, but pre-existing conditions don't apply.

AND i found out breast pumps are not covered. Only if there is a medical condition etc etc. no way i'm forking over money for those, as it is i started our registry and am going to have a nervous breakdown at how expensive stuff is here. sad.png we don't have alot of friends and i cannot expect my husbands family to pay for alot. and my family well..they are useless and broke to begin with, and i haven't really spoken to them since i moved.

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.