Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to everyone....very exciting news. You are all making me have some serious baby fever. We are still holding out hope for having #2 but that will still have to wait. We had some delays with hubby's Canadian PR so it looks like he will be a SAHD for another 6 months or so :(. But it is hard to believe that Emma is already almost 2.5 and is now a little girl. They grow up so fast.

I couldn't eat anything fir the first 4 months of my pregnancy....the smell of any food made me sick. I even had a hard time showering because the chlorine in the water smelled so strong that it made me feel like throwing up! I always heard that feeling sick was a good sign because it was indicating a strong hormonal response which is a good thing. Not sure if that is true or not but it made sense to me.

I hope everyone has a healthy and happy 9 months. I cant wait to see all the cute babies!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I thought I had my period at the beginning of February, it only lasted a day or two and it was very light. I also had taken a pregnancy test the end of January that came back negative.. so I had no idea I was pregnant until a few weeks ago..

also for 2 weeks or so I thought my nauseousness was from my gall bladder..

that's funny you mention that you had a short period. In February i was spotting for a couple days then i had a really short period. also my jan one was 2 weeks from my dec one. but i chalk all that up to my fluctuating thyroid meds. I'm finally on a stable dose now and i think that's what finally allowed me to get pregnant. my fam DR agrees, the stable thyroid and well i don't have anymore immigration stress, and we are now in our own house with a new car. I never got a flu shot and with the huge spike in flu epidemics here i was thinking at first it was that. Happily its not. :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Congrats to everyone....very exciting news. You are all making me have some serious baby fever. We are still holding out hope for having #2 but that will still have to wait. We had some delays with hubby's Canadian PR so it looks like he will be a SAHD for another 6 months or so :(. But it is hard to believe that Emma is already almost 2.5 and is now a little girl. They grow up so fast.

I couldn't eat anything fir the first 4 months of my pregnancy....the smell of any food made me sick. I even had a hard time showering because the chlorine in the water smelled so strong that it made me feel like throwing up! I always heard that feeling sick was a good sign because it was indicating a strong hormonal response which is a good thing. Not sure if that is true or not but it made sense to me.

I hope everyone has a healthy and happy 9 months. I cant wait to see all the cute babies!

Wow its been that long already 2.5? seems like only yesterday you had her ! :) I'm sure it wont be long before you more, and hey at least this time around you guys get to be together for the whole process on the Canada side.

4 months? crying.gif oh lord how did you all do that?? I've only really really been sick this week and i'm not sure how much more i can take :(

Hubby and i have not told anyone yet. We are not sure when we should. I don't mind if anyone knows, but i think i'd rather wait til i'm feeling better, especially since this is our first and i'm kinda nervous.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

Loved this topic!

My wife is about 25 weeks of pregnancy and we are going to have the medical exam and interview in about two weeks. Is there anything we should be concerned and is there anything we should do? Would the visa office ask us anything about the pregnancy?

Thanks for your inputs in advance

Timeline

yay, Kimbear! Congrats! :thumbs:

we had our first US yesterday. My husband got to go with me. He was surprised that the baby was moving around so much.. So I am 11 weeks and my due date is September 30th. :D

a lot of foods that I usually love to eat make me feel sick to my stomach just thinking of them. Like grilled food and Mexican food :(

Awww! That was my original due date! Baby Ally came a little early. I can't believe she is going to be 6 months next week! It goes by so crazy fast.

Wow its been that long already 2.5? seems like only yesterday you had her ! :) I'm sure it wont be long before you more, and hey at least this time around you guys get to be together for the whole process on the Canada side.

4 months? crying.gif oh lord how did you all do that?? I've only really really been sick this week and i'm not sure how much more i can take :(

Hubby and i have not told anyone yet. We are not sure when we should. I don't mind if anyone knows, but i think i'd rather wait til i'm feeling better, especially since this is our first and i'm kinda nervous.

Mine went away after 3. It sucks, but it goes by fast. I got through it eating saltines and drinking water. Doctor said no matter how hard it is, always try to have something in your stomach... so crackers were it. And I haven't had a cracker since!

I blurted out to everyone when I found out. At first, we thought we would wait a little while, and it lasted like 3 days. I just couldn't help myself. But a lot of couples wait until they hit the 12 week mark since the chance of a miscarriage goes down significantly.

Timeline

Well, i took the test...and...................................

I'm pregnant! kicking.gif

Only took 4 years or so lol. Ugh ya i thought i was starting my period too, i had pressure bloating cramps, but it was the spotting last week on and off that gave it away along with the sore boobs. So now i'm just waiting for the DR to open so i can make an appointment and get referred to a obgyn i guess since i still never got one here yet :( Kinda nervous scared we don't have enough $$ etc. Our newest dog our female i think knew..she kept snuggling with me all week and lying on my stomach.

Congrats Kimbear

We are still trying for our last little one and I will be 40 this year.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Well, i got a bit scared with the morning sickness. I knew i'd prolly get sick but i was EXTREMELY sick for 24 hours non stop. could not even keep water down. my dr said mebbie i caught a bug and to go to the walk in so i did. turned out i'm not sick with a virus, however somehow i got a UTI, so they gave me some meds for that and some anti nausea stuff. It seems i'm one of the few women who get this bad with nausea. I was in pain from throwing up so much like every hour or 2 with like no sleep i was exhausted and so worried :( Not to mention i could not keep vitamins down or my thyroid meds. i almost made the poor receptionist cry at the clinic cuz i was crying i was so scared :(

today i feel better..i just seem to be really prone to gassiness and bloating i guess. and i finally got sleep cuz the meds they gave me make me sleepy. that prolly helped a ton.

So today, we are going to our brother / sister in laws. they will be the first ones we tell and the only ones for a while. :) should be fun to see Laura's reaction..lol i just know shes going to scream! They are making corn beef and cabbage etc. and i'm hoping i can eat at least a bit of the beef. i seem to be having a meat aversion at least to looking at uncooked meat and trying to cook it.

So i have to ask, did any of your husbands change at all ? I mean my hubby is always loving but OMG hes uber lovey this week ( not that i mind at all) :) and he keeps saying i'm even sexier now that i'm pregnant blush.gif and yes i'm completely blushing in real life but just WOW. its adorable and cute, but i'm walking around stores and stuff completely red faced from blushing so much LOL. I"m not used to this at all laughing.gif

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, i got a bit scared with the morning sickness. I knew i'd prolly get sick but i was EXTREMELY sick for 24 hours non stop. could not even keep water down. my dr said mebbie i caught a bug and to go to the walk in so i did. turned out i'm not sick with a virus, however somehow i got a UTI, so they gave me some meds for that and some anti nausea stuff. It seems i'm one of the few women who get this bad with nausea. I was in pain from throwing up so much like every hour or 2 with like no sleep i was exhausted and so worried :( Not to mention i could not keep vitamins down or my thyroid meds. i almost made the poor receptionist cry at the clinic cuz i was crying i was so scared :(

today i feel better..i just seem to be really prone to gassiness and bloating i guess. and i finally got sleep cuz the meds they gave me make me sleepy. that prolly helped a ton.

So today, we are going to our brother / sister in laws. they will be the first ones we tell and the only ones for a while. :) should be fun to see Laura's reaction..lol i just know shes going to scream! They are making corn beef and cabbage etc. and i'm hoping i can eat at least a bit of the beef. i seem to be having a meat aversion at least to looking at uncooked meat and trying to cook it.

So i have to ask, did any of your husbands change at all ? I mean my hubby is always loving but OMG hes uber lovey this week ( not that i mind at all) :) and he keeps saying i'm even sexier now that i'm pregnant blush.gif and yes i'm completely blushing in real life but just WOW. its adorable and cute, but i'm walking around stores and stuff completely red faced from blushing so much LOL. I"m not used to this at all laughing.gif

Enjoy all that attention! :luv:

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah, my husband is way more attentive then usual and won't let me do anything. I am enjoying it as much as I can because it will go back to normal after the baby is born..lol Although is always very sweet and loving..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Mine was the same way. If I said ouch for anything he would practically jump out of his chair. I think he was hoping I would get wicked cravings just so he could go get me stuff.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

We had the Ultrasound today! :) I am officially 8 weeks and we saw the baby and the heartbeat luv.gif So ya the period i thought i had in February was not a period laughing.gif

Looks like our little one was conceived during the Superbowl!!! laughing.gif

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Great news Kimbear :dance:

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

We had the Ultrasound today! :) I am officially 8 weeks and we saw the baby and the heartbeat luv.gif So ya the period i thought i had in February was not a period laughing.gif

Looks like our little one was conceived during the Superbowl!!! laughing.gif

great!

so you are only about 4 weeks behind me :)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

it is hard not to do anything when you are in the middle of a move :unsure: And I have to in trust the cleaning of our rental house to my husband and SIL... :unsure: the husband who mops the bathroom floor without sweeping it first :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So cool! Marilyn and Kimbear so glad to hear you are pregnant! Hopefully I will join you here in the next few weeks because I am in the middle of an in vitro fertilization cycle.

Kimbear I hope your family is excited as you expect. I am sure it will be exciting time for you all.

Marilyn I hope you are able to get the treatment you need to carry your little one to term.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.