Kukolka

Oh gleh.. forgot to include two items in frontloaded I-129F

5 posts in this topic

This is just a personal whine post, feel free to ignore. :innocent:

I know, frontloading isn't absolutely necessary, probably doesn't matter as much for Canada as for some countries, they don't ask for proof of ongoing relationship at all in the initial filing of the I-129F, but I did it, and I forgot to include two items that would probably be considered more relevant proof than some I did include, so I'm feeling momentarily very stupid for that!

I forgot to photocopy and include a birthday card and a handwritten letter (both handed in person, not mailed), both from him (alien fiance) to me (USC). D'oh!!! They were further down in the drawer below the pile I'd decided not to include in the initial packet. But I *did* intend to include them, and between the e-mails and screenshots and copies of written stuff from me to him, I just forgot. No, I'm not going to mail them now because they wouldn't likely get put with our case anyway. But gleh, am I feeling dumb!

I pretty much just want reassurance that it won't hurt our case if I photocopy more earlier stuff than I've already sent in, and include it with the packet I'm mailing my fiance after I get the NOA2. I'm afraid they'll be like, "why didn't she send these in the original packet?" and think something was amiss? But it was an honest mistake, in my eagerness to get this process started so we can be together again (he left on the 6th... I wanted to mail it on the 7th but ended up mailing it on the 9th after receiving a digital photo of his return boarding pass) I didn't remember to look for and photocopy those. :(

I did include some e-mails from him to me that show he loves me too... I hope that will be taken as enough proof... we rarely hand-write anything to each other anyway, since e-mail and MSN are faster, and it's been over a year and 3 months since we've gone a day without speaking on Ventrilo, not counting the time his cable and internet were out. X)

Edited by Kukolka

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Don't worry about those two items.

I didnt include anything like that and we did fine. We never showed any at the interview either.

They just want proof that you've met in the last 2 years. Save the ongoing stuff for the interview. They probably wont ask to see it anyway, but bring it just in case.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You're going through Canada, so frontloading is not the critical matter it is in some countries anyways. The Canadian consulates tend NOT to assume that everyone applying for a visa is a desperate third-world con artist, the way some consulates do.

To answer your question: no, they won't hold it against you if you want to introduce more evidence at the interview. Indeed, to the extent that they will even care about evidence at the interview at all [which they may not: we frontloaded, AND I brought a pile of new stuff to the interview. They never even asked to see any more at the interview], they're expecting it.

Remember, they're not expecting you to frontload. That means they won't hold "incomplete" frontloading against you. Their checklist says to bring evidence of an ongoing relationship. So they are expecting you to bring something. But if you've frontloaded adequately, they may consider that requirement already fulfilled. So, by all means, bring the additional evidence to the interview. It will make you feel more confident going in, and that feeling of confidence IS very important. Just be aware that there's a good chance they won't even care about the additional evidence itself.

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Thanks much for the reassurance! :)

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

HeatDeath's answer is excellent. For people who will be dealing with "tough" consulates (that is, not Canada) who front-loaded the USCIS petition and forgot to include certain information about proof of relationship, an RFE can prove to be a partial blessing in disguise. Respond to the RFE requirement, and with it, send the extra information that you wanted to include initially.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.