Jolex

We mailed in our AOS Package and havent seen any replies

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJ Family,

Happy New Year everyone! We mailed in our AOS package on 12/21/2009, got to the unit 12/26/2009 because of the holiday in between we are guessing and was received at the AOS Office 12/28/2009. We havent received any letters from them yet, do you know how long it takes to at least get a notification letter stating they have received our package or is there a number to call. We didnt see any number(s) on their website. Please advise. Thank you much!

Keep checking to see when your check is cashed. Calling will do no good until your application is opened and put into the computer system. The operator will tell you to wait 30, 60, or 90 days. It took two weeks to cash our check with no holidays.

Isn't waiting fun?

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Keep checking to see when your check is cashed. Calling will do no good until your application is opened and put into the computer system. The operator will tell you to wait 30, 60, or 90 days. It took two weeks to cash our check with no holidays.

Isn't waiting fun?

Fun :) We actually used a money order and we have tried tracking that, got nothing. Do you have there # for future

Do you know if there is anyway we can track money order?

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Its only the 7th. But did you send the form for emails when u sent the application?

Came to the U.S on a F1 visa January 2008

Got engaged to my USC girlfriend Dec 2008

DEC 29th 2009 Married

JAN 27th 2010 Medical completed Jan 27th

FEB 17th 2010 AOS + I-130 package sent

FEB 25th Got emails with all receipt # ( but not able to check on USCIS site)

FEB 28th Online status check available

MAR 1st Received Hard Copy of NOA's in the mail

MAR 8th Received Biometrics appointment in mail: for Mar 18th (however no updates on site or email notifications)

MAR 9th Biometrics complete via walk-in (All docs touched on USCIS site)

MAR 26th Received interview appointment (For May 6th)

APR 23rd Touched on I-130 and I-485

APR 26th Touched on all docs, EAD card production ordered

MAY 1st Advance patrol in mail

MAY 6th Interview (Request for additional information)

MAY 6th EAD in mail

June 1st (RFE mailed in)

June 28th Notice of approval on USCIS website

July 3th GREEN CARD INT HE MAIL!!!

Filed: Timeline

I sent my package about exactly the time as yours but i already received the receipt from them already. Yours probably is on the way. Don't worry so much. I recommend next time when u send anything out to them, use your personal check because u can keep track of them. When i checked my bank, they took the check and the next day i received the notice.

Timeline
Its only the 7th. But did you send the form for emails when u sent the application?

Send the form for email? You mean did I ask them to notify us via email?

I sent my package about exactly the time as yours but i already received the receipt from them already. Yours probably is on the way. Don't worry so much. I recommend next time when u send anything out to them, use your personal check because u can keep track of them. When i checked my bank, they took the check and the next day i received the notice.

Thank you we always use personal check but for some reason because we saw on VJ to use money order, thats why we used money order, hopefully by the weekend.... Will keep you posted. Thank you again

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We sent ours the exact same day as you and they received it the exact same day as you. There is a form you can fill out and send with the AOS forms to have text/email notification. We did that and got our notification on Monday, Jan 4th and received our letters in the mails today, Jan 8th. Hopefully, you'll received yours soon. Take Care.

ROC Timeline

3/22/12 - Mailed I-751 Packet

3/28/12 - Check Cashed

4/9/12 - Received Biometrics Notification

4/30/12 - Biometrics

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline
Send the form for email? You mean did I ask them to notify us via email?

No there is a form that you can fill out and send with your package to have them notify you by email. but I guess not since u dnt know about it. But I wadnt sweat it. wait a 2 more weeks and see if you hear anything.

Came to the U.S on a F1 visa January 2008

Got engaged to my USC girlfriend Dec 2008

DEC 29th 2009 Married

JAN 27th 2010 Medical completed Jan 27th

FEB 17th 2010 AOS + I-130 package sent

FEB 25th Got emails with all receipt # ( but not able to check on USCIS site)

FEB 28th Online status check available

MAR 1st Received Hard Copy of NOA's in the mail

MAR 8th Received Biometrics appointment in mail: for Mar 18th (however no updates on site or email notifications)

MAR 9th Biometrics complete via walk-in (All docs touched on USCIS site)

MAR 26th Received interview appointment (For May 6th)

APR 23rd Touched on I-130 and I-485

APR 26th Touched on all docs, EAD card production ordered

MAY 1st Advance patrol in mail

MAY 6th Interview (Request for additional information)

MAY 6th EAD in mail

June 1st (RFE mailed in)

June 28th Notice of approval on USCIS website

July 3th GREEN CARD INT HE MAIL!!!

Fun :) We actually used a money order and we have tried tracking that, got nothing. Do you have there # for future

Do you know if there is anyway we can track money order?

The # is the same number you used to contact the USCIS misinformation line for the visa process: 1-800-375-5283.

Contact the bank or place you got the money order (MO) from to see if it was cashed. They should be able to tell you how to find out when your MO was cashed.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't recieve an NOA after I mailed my application and after about 2 weeks, I got nervous and started calling. They operator will tell you to wait 30 days and then call again.. I called them on the 28th day (and lied and said it was 30 because I was going crazy) and they will be able to find your file and identify the problem. In my case, it was because the post office made a mistake and send it back to the USCIS.

Once they do this, they transfer you around a few times and then give you your file numbers so you can check your case status online. A few weeks after that, you should get your hard copy NOA in the mail.

Also, I used a Western Union money order so I kept the receipt and called the Western Union automated phone line to check the status of my money order. They can't tell you a receipt number but they will tell you if it has or hasn't been cashed.

The waiting is the worst. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.