The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The pregnancy is going very well!

I had the ultrasound last Monday. The technician at the BC Women's Hospital was GREAT! Friendly, chatty, and full of information (unlike the last technician from Grieg's & Assoc). He said the baby's head is measuring normal size, has a "...dallasocostophallic-shaped head" (hope I got that right, lol) which is "one of the allowed head shapes (there is three)". It basically means oval (long). Since most oriental babies have round heads, he asked me if my hubby was Caucasion or Oriental. I answered "He's African-American" and then he responded, "No--that's a politically-correct term. He's Black. There's only three races--Caucasion, Oriental or Black."

If time wasn't a factor and I wasn't so excited about seeing my baby on screen wiggling around, I would have debated with him that there's no such thing is race and that race is a social construct but I said, "OK, he's Black. Let's carry on." LOL.

He was trying to see the baby's heart chambers but the baby's curled up hiding it. Then he shook my belly with the wand and yelled "Earthquake! Earthquake! Aaaaah!" On the screen, the baby looked startled, uncurled and started kicking (Ow! I felt it!). Voila!--heart can be seen and technician was happy.

All in all, baby's developing normally and healthy. BTW, it's a GIRL! :-) I'm elated.

Lol thats great news! Congratulations. Any names picked out yet? smile.gif

Sooo... Playoff hockey starts tonight and nobody has mentioned it at all? Wha? I thought this was the Canada forum tongue.gif

Go AVS!

AHAHAHA i get to introduce David to Hockey..mouahahah. smile.gif And the blackhawsk had a great season..must be cuz of all the Canadians on the team!!! tongue.gif

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

And the blackhawsk had a great season..must be cuz of all the Canadians on the team!!! tongue.gif

:lol: That's what I always say too! There are tons of Canadians that play for the Avs... there's actually more Canadians than non-Canadians on the team, by a huge margin. So whenever someone gives me ####### for not cheering on a "Canadian" team, I tell them to suck it :P

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

AHAHAHA i get to introduce David to Hockey..mouahahah. smile.gif And the blackhawsk had a great season..must be cuz of all the Canadians on the team!!! tongue.gif

Blackhawks are going to win because of Patrick Kane :P

How about a black dress? I've heard you're not supposed to wear black to a wedding because its the color you'd wear to a funeral. But I guess so many people have black and white weddings these days it doesn't make much sense anymore...

I hope it's ok for a black dress. If I don't find something else, I may have to wear one, ( with white polks dots... :P) to my son's wedding in October!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope it's ok for a black dress. If I don't find something else, I may have to wear one, ( with white polks dots... :P) to my son's wedding in October!

I think it's okay to wear a black dress! As long as your demeanor is not for a funeral but for a wedding ;)

So my hubby's firm holds an after tax season event and is taking everyone and spouses/SO's to a nice dinner and piano bar next Saturday. Hubby just informed me that two of his colleagues are booking a hotel right across from the steakhouse we are going to, as they plan to get really drunk that evening. LOL! Accountants gone wild!!!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Reven! Glad stuff's going well and a big hello to you too and that's what I been saying! Just live and be happy -- it's not only the best revenge -- it's the only revenge!

:D

Nice to see you.

LGG

Dang, been so busy with work, baby stuff and immigration (going to Montreal in two weeks!) that I barely have time to drop by VJ.

Just wanted to say HELLO!

The best revenge to miserable people in your lives is to pay them no mind and live out your own life as happy as you can be. Doesn't even feel like revenge. :-)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Announcement!

I almost feel this deserves it's own thread. lol

http://www.starbucks.com/thebigpicture For more info

Bring a reusable travel mug to Starbucks tomorrow (April 15) for a FREE COFFEE

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Announcement!

I almost feel this deserves it's own thread. lol

http://www.starbucks.com/thebigpicture For more info

Bring a reusable travel mug to Starbucks tomorrow (April 15) for a FREE COFFEE

I think I live in one of the rare corners of the US that doesn't hold a Starbucks in the area!! If we did have one close by....I'd be getting a chai latte instead! Yum..miss that!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Darn! I wish I'd read this thread before I'd had my coffee!!!!!!!

So. I am bored out of my mind in this place. Due to the commute, my husband is working longer hours, then passing out on the couch to make up for the lack of sleep. I am sick to death of looking for somewhere to live to pass the time so I have decided to go back to Canada on Monday. Only four more sleeps. Yay!

They are if you are looking in the DC area... but they get cheaper as you go to the suburbs smile.gif

I AM in the burbs!!! Are you saying this is the cheapest they get?? It's like being in Canada! I don't want to pay Canadian prices in the US of A!! crying.gif:hehe:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Oh hello fellow adjust-ee... well, you actually have a much harder task that I do finding a home and all. When you say go back to Canada, you mean just for a visit, right? Yeah. s'what I thought. ;)

In LGG news, I am running like MAD here! I used to be a hard core runner -- like every day for about an hour or so and then when I moved to the area I lived in in TO, my motivation was robbed by living in a dirty, congested part of the city. Living here, with the clean and forest and pretty has brought back my motivation and I am running nearly every day again. I was worried it would hurt getting back into it but its' been a lot easier and it's made me feel very healthy.

AND... I got my green card in the mail today! It's SO cool -- not green though but I am very happy to have it and now I feel like I'm done waiting for a while with this stuff and then I can move onto ROC when it's time.

i wasn't very patient with all this stuff so I thank you all for letting me vent.

:)

Darn! I wish I'd read this thread before I'd had my coffee!!!!!!!

So. I am bored out of my mind in this place. Due to the commute, my husband is working longer hours, then passing out on the couch to make up for the lack of sleep. I am sick to death of looking for somewhere to live to pass the time so I have decided to go back to Canada on Monday. Only four more sleeps. Yay!

I AM in the burbs!!! Are you saying this is the cheapest they get?? It's like being in Canada! I don't want to pay Canadian prices in the US of A!! crying.gif:hehe:

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Congrats on getting your GC LGG! :D

Have fun in Canada Krikit :)

Sooo, Avs won last night... Woo! :D

(where are you Mr. Bowflex?!)

Edited by Hugglebuggles

I feel your pain on the house hunting. We're not in the 'house' market yet, but even just apartments are ridiculous here. For example... in London, ON I rented out a HOUSE with two roommates... cute house with a BIIIIG yard, upstairs loft, nice neighbourhood, etc... for about the same amount we're paying for our ONE BEDROOM apartment in Santa Barbara. And it's not a 'fancy' apartment, by any means. I'd call it average. Next year we might end up moving to another town depending on our employment situation. There are cities about 30 mins away from here that are much, much cheaper. Another thing we could've considered originally had we know my husband's boss would turn into an jerk.... :bonk: Now we're stuck in a lease.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel your pain on the house hunting. We're not in the 'house' market yet, but even just apartments are ridiculous here. For example... in London, ON I rented out a HOUSE with two roommates... cute house with a BIIIIG yard, upstairs loft, nice neighbourhood, etc... for about the same amount we're paying for our ONE BEDROOM apartment in Santa Barbara. And it's not a 'fancy' apartment, by any means. I'd call it average. Next year we might end up moving to another town depending on our employment situation. There are cities about 30 mins away from here that are much, much cheaper. Another thing we could've considered originally had we know my husband's boss would turn into an jerk.... :bonk: Now we're stuck in a lease.

LoL, I get the same thing from my wife. She's from London, ON too, and its quite sad that we pay more in rent than the mortgage + insurance that her best friend paid for a 3 BR/ 3 bath house in London. :(

Timeline

I just heard the loudest crack of thunder EVER. Seriously, that was terrifying. It sounded like a car crashed into the front of the house or something ridiculous...

Timeline

Hi Reven! Glad stuff's going well and a big hello to you too and that's what I been saying! Just live and be happy -- it's not only the best revenge -- it's the only revenge!

:D

Nice to see you.

LGG

lgg! A big special HELLO to you too! Hope things are going well with you in the US.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.