The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How about a black dress? I've heard you're not supposed to wear black to a wedding because its the color you'd wear to a funeral. But I guess so many people have black and white weddings these days it doesn't make much sense anymore...

I've never heard anyone say not to wear red however...

How about you show up in like a big tiara, shinier than her's :P

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

A red dress is meant to stand out, and most surely will at a wedding. Anything that draws attention from the bride will draw her ire. Black dress is good, but more passive aggressive than a red one.

How about a black dress? I've heard you're not supposed to wear black to a wedding because its the color you'd wear to a funeral. But I guess so many people have black and white weddings these days it doesn't make much sense anymore...

I've never heard anyone say not to wear red however...

Trying to catch up on VJ! Feel like I am out of the loop! Enjoying my new job though! On days off right now!

My aunt sent me an email before my wedding asking me if it was ok to wear black and white because of the "theme", and ask guests to show up in black & white too. I told her no I did not have a theme even though my colors were red, white and black. I told her "little black dress" is ok for the ladies, black and white for the men, or any color really!!

Sorry, my opinion its just disrespectful for woman to show up to a wedding wearing white. The families, groom etc of course matter, its the reason you are getting married, but the spotlight is on the bride, always has been that way.... People don't go up to the groom and say OMG your suit its soooo gorgeous!.. LOL! Now if that spotlight gets too big and the bride is becomes a whiney B*TCH (it's ALL about me), becomes a nutcase and is not courteous throughout the entire wedding planning process then its time to slap her!! :lol:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL!!! Thanks guys for the advice ;)

Huggles -- I think it's ok to wear black now... the WIL DID dress in all black at my wedding, which I did not mind... but I did mind that she LOOKED like she was going to a funeral rather than a wedding (she was gloomy, did not smile except for the 4 times her picture was taken, did not talk to me or congratulate me, and pouted all night long). I can't wear black to hers because... but as Rob suggested, I might wear red... with a tiara ;)

Aww Minnew, with the WIL, the wedding hasn't started and she is already a whiny b*tch. There is no way to upstage such b*tchiness, but I might consider what Rob is suggesting... after all, she cannot hate me more than she hates me now :P

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Come to think of it, I think my aunt in law wore red.

Totally unintentional though, and red is good luck in the Chinese culture... so maybe she was trying to rub off some good luck on me :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Does she have bridesmaids? If it were me, I'd wear the same colour as them ;) unless it's fuchsia... or teal.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Rhiann -- red is a big thing in Chinese culture. During weddings, everyone wears red or gold, as its lucky/money color.

The WIL has one bridesmaid and she is wearing kelly green. Apparently the color theme is kelly green and coral... reminds me of the Irish flag :P

Removal of Conditions:

Rhiann -- red is a big thing in Chinese culture. During weddings, everyone wears red or gold, as its lucky/money color.

The WIL has one bridesmaid and she is wearing kelly green. Apparently the color theme is kelly green and coral... reminds me of the Irish flag :P

My mother in law wanted me to wear red or gold, but it doesn't match my skin tone.

I guess I could have at least worn red jewelry or something. Ah well.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

You should totally wear the dress you got married in back in November :P

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Timeline

My mother in law wanted me to wear red or gold, but it doesn't match my skin tone.

I guess I could have at least worn red jewelry or something. Ah well.

Oh oh. Now you're doomed! :lol:

Good morning, everyone. I guess I have things to do today. Maybe go to the post office to see if they have started forwarding my mail from Florida yet. I freaking love the US postal system. I have no idea why people complain! lol. I also need to find a hairdresser and a nail salon. I stopped by a couple of places for a price list. They're so expensive here. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline

You should totally wear the dress you got married in back in November :P

I was actually thinking that... and if she is far worse to me at the end of May, I might just do it :devil:

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline

Oh oh. Now you're doomed! :lol:

Good morning, everyone. I guess I have things to do today. Maybe go to the post office to see if they have started forwarding my mail from Florida yet. I freaking love the US postal system. I have no idea why people complain! lol. I also need to find a hairdresser and a nail salon. I stopped by a couple of places for a price list. They're so expensive here. :(

They are if you are looking in the DC area... but they get cheaper as you go to the suburbs :)

Removal of Conditions:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If I don't like someone, I just wouldn't show up to their wedding. I don't care if it's family.

It's so much simpler to just not show up than to worry about it.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

If I don't like someone, I just wouldn't show up to their wedding. I don't care if it's family.

I couldn't pull that off, not with my family, at least not without a well thought out lie. :whistle:

Drama at family events like weddings is only fun when you can make things even worse. :devil: If it's just going to be irritating and annoying, why go? Haaaa choooo, I think I hear someone coming down with a really bad flu.

Timeline

Who's saying I'm worried about it.

I couldn't pull that off, not with my family, at least not without a well thought out lie. :whistle:

Drama at family events like weddings is only fun when you can make things even worse. :devil: If it's just going to be irritating and annoying, why go? Haaaa choooo, I think I hear someone coming down with a really bad flu.

Right on.

Removal of Conditions:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.