The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

no, the doctor said they are most likely separate issues...

I have a follow up appointment with my doctor tomorrow to go over all the test results etc...

Marilyn, you might know this already but cranberry juice is excellent to prevent/clear UTIs.

I hope all goes well tomorrow!

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

No sarcasm was meant, Rob, but no, we cannot afford any more of a payment than that at this time. My hubby's salary is not where it should be due to wage freezes, and until I have something comparable, it just isn't an option.

That's certainly a difficult situation. You had mentioned in the vent thread before that you abhored renting and were solely focusing on buying a home. So I had a different perception that what the reality is.

I'm currently living with the in laws. Have been since November.

Probably will until about July, with the way the job market's lookin.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Timeline

Hope all goes well with your father's operation, Flames.

After days of stinging rain and flooding in Southern Ontario, the past few days have been very Spring-like. A bit cooler today, though.

So my parents are having their house renovated and there's a giant skip in the driveway. This morning some guy and his friend came over to ask if they could pull out the scrap metal. I went out for my daily visit to Tim Hortons (someone sent the coffee pot to storage dry.gif ) and the guy goes "Hey! Aren't you Krikit?" I'm like "Oh. What's your name?" unsure.gifblush.gif He says "I'm so-and-so and I used to be friends with your cousins." (Who moved to Halifax then Vancouver back in the 70's.) I totally recognized his name from when we were kids but I didn't recognize him at all! ohmy.gif He says "You haven't changed a bit!" I hope he didn't notice that I couldn't say the same about him. laughing.gifblush.gif

iagree.gif

Timeline

so today i asked the hubby if he could just ask the day shift supervisor about what is happening with the day shift position and the hubster said he doesn't want to scare him off.. grrr... it has been 2 weeks since he had his interview and they said they would let him know last week.... :angry:

I just know a huge weight would be lifted off my shoulders if he got day shift...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone ever applied for jobs through craig's list? I've never used the site before, but I was browsing the web and noticed they have job postings. Part of me wonders if it's something to trust... especially since they put up these big warnings when you go on that tells you about all the fraud.

I've been using places like careerbuilder, monster, simplyhired and the local paper, but the more options the better.

Timeline

Has anyone ever applied for jobs through craig's list? I've never used the site before, but I was browsing the web and noticed they have job postings. Part of me wonders if it's something to trust... especially since they put up these big warnings when you go on that tells you about all the fraud.

I've been using places like careerbuilder, monster, simplyhired and the local paper, but the more options the better.

I've used Craigs List for jobs before. Their job listings are just about like everything else on there, a mixture of legitimate listings and scams. If you are just sending emails of interest to them, I dont' see any harm in it. I would be leery of responses from hotmail, yahoo or gmail address' though. If it is a listing that asks you to send your resume, I would send it, but not list any specific data. You are applying I believe in Colorodo, so I imagine it's not nearly the madhouse that the L.A. one is. When I used it, it was about 60/40 breakdown of legit to scam listings. Most of the scam job listings were like boileroom operations. <_<

I just gotta say...

I'm SO ridiculously happy to be here right now! Man...I haven't been this happy / contented in a VERY long time! I just went out and had a cigar on the balcony...enjoyed the Virginia sunshine and 70+ degree weather...looked out over the lovely Holmes Run Parkway and just felt this sense of serenity! I mean, I've still got a lot of stuff to take care of, and there are financial and logistical stresses to deal with...but I'm totally having a zen moment right now. Almost blissful! Just had to share! :D

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

I'm happy for you Wyatt, that's great :)

Thanks for the advice Rob. I think I'll just write some inquiry e-mails out and test the response.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've found the last three jobs on Craiglist. :)

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Glad to hear you're so happy Shaun! :)

I felt the same way when I moved to Berryvilly.

It's so tranquil in so many places around here. Totally different from S. Ontario.

Can't wait until we can have a meetup and discuss different places we like to go to :)

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Timeline

No sarcasm was meant, Rob, but no, we cannot afford any more of a payment than that at this time. My hubby's salary is not where it should be due to wage freezes, and until I have something comparable, it just isn't an option.

Well Dorito bags aren't that expensive... ;)

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I registered for SimplyHired and they do advertise all the jobs available for whatever youre looking for very well. And I think at this point, you just want to apply everywhere!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.