4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi All. We made it this far and have a couple questions regarding the I 465..

Brief History

-We recieved K1 Visa and she entered the country on November 7.

-We were married December 14.

-I am American, She is Peruvian

-She has 1 child here with us age 5

Questions:

1. Question # 6 - Police Clearances! Is this required, she had a backround check in Lima Peru prior to obtaining Visa?

2. Question # 7 - Medical Examination, It states that "When Required" does this mean we submit this only of requested. It seems this question conflicts with question # 8 that states if in USA on K1 then only vaccination docs are required. What do we submot with I 465 ?

3. Question # 17 "Derivative Status" I am an American citizren, does this apply to me ?

4. Question # 18 "Other basis of Eligibility" It gives no expalnation. What do I submot here ?

General Questions:

1. I see nowhere that it asks for our Marriage Certificate ? I am sure this required - is this tied to question #3 above ?

2. Do we have to fill out additional form for her daughter ?

3. Do I read this correctly that, If we submiot the work permit application (I 765) attached with I 456 the $340 fee is waived?

4. Is there any other forms. or documentation needed from us ? I was told that we would need proof that she is on my bank account, insurance, etc?

Thanks for all your help

Gene and Keila

NA01 - May 2009

NA02 - September 2009

K1 Visa granted - October 2009

Fiance arrived in USA - Novemebr 2009

Married - December 2009

APPROVED, NOTHING COMPLICATE!!!!! GOOD LUCK.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1. Question # 6 - Police Clearances! Is this required, she had a backround check in Lima Peru prior to obtaining Visa?

2. Question # 7 - Medical Examination, It states that "When Required" does this mean we submit this only of requested. It seems this question conflicts with question # 8 that states if in USA on K1 then only vaccination docs are required. What do we submot with I 465 ?

3. Question # 17 "Derivative Status" I am an American citizren, does this apply to me ?

4. Question # 18 "Other basis of Eligibility" It gives no expalnation. What do I submot here ?

General Questions:

1. I see nowhere that it asks for our Marriage Certificate ? I am sure this required - is this tied to question #3 above ?

2. Do we have to fill out additional form for her daughter ?

3. Do I read this correctly that, If we submiot the work permit application (I 765) attached with I 456 the $340 fee is waived?

4. Is there any other forms. or documentation needed from us ? I was told that we would need proof that she is on my bank account, insurance, etc?

1) No PC needed

2) If medical in Peru was less than a year ago then then one performed then is good. You only need provide required vaccinations

3) The I-485 is an application submitted by the alien... not the USC... everything is answered based on the alien point of view

4)

GQ

1) Read the instructions... it is there

2) Yes... no riding mom's coatails

3) correct

4) not with initial application ... maybe at interview

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thanks for your response...I think I understand but one..You say that I have to submit a second application for her daughter - - Does this mean that I must pay ~ $1100 for my wife, and another $1100 for her daughter ?

Thanks again for your response..

Gene and Keila

APPROVED, NOTHING COMPLICATE!!!!! GOOD LUCK.

Thanks for your response...I think I understand but one..You say that I have to submit a second application for her daughter - - Does this mean that I must pay ~ $1100 for my wife, and another $1100 for her daughter ?

Thanks again for your response..

Gene and Keila

The filing fee for the I-485 is 930 + 80 = $1010. A dependent child under 14 years of age filing at the same time as the parent is $600. So that is one check for $1010 and one check for $600 if you file both in the same envelope. Please refer to the "What is the Filing Fee" subheading on page 8: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

You can also file for the I-131 for Advance Parole along with the I-485 and I-765.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.