dannyannemj

What form should we apply for our kids

7 posts in this topic

we just got married and we are planning to apply for a spouse visa, a cr 1 perhaps, now we are confused as to what form and visa would we get for our baby she is two years old now. Would it still the I 130?

And what about for my eldest daughter? I have her when I was still single, before I met my husband. What visa and form should I be getting for her? Thanks for the help

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
we just got married and we are planning to apply for a spouse visa, a cr 1 perhaps, now we are confused as to what form and visa would we get for our baby she is two years old now. Would it still the I 130?

And what about for my eldest daughter? I have her when I was still single, before I met my husband. What visa and form should I be getting for her? Thanks for the help

is the "OUR" baby between you and the USC?

How old is your eldest daughter?

YMMV

is the "OUR" baby between you and the USC?

How old is your eldest daughter?

Hi thanks for the reply, "OUR" baby is between me and my husband and my eldest daughter is 9 years old now thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For the baby - you need to file for Consular Report of Birth Abroad. The baby will get citizenship through her father.

For the 9 year old - you need to file an I130 at the same time as your husband files for your I130. It will be a CR1/CR2 filing.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

For the child of a US citizen.

The following information summarizes key provisions of U.S. law regarding the transmission of citizenship by a U.S. citizen parent or parents to their children born in wedlock outside the United States. (Please note that separate transmission requirements apply for children born outside of wedlock. Contact the U.S. Embassy/Consulate for further information if this is the case.)

If both parents were U.S. citizens when your child was born, he/she may have acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, if at least one parent resided in the USA prior to the child's birth. If your child was born on or after 11/14/86, and only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of the child's birth, the child may have acquired U.S. citizenship at birth if the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the USA for periods totaling five years prior to the child's birth, at least two of which where after their 14th birthday.

If a child was adopted by an American citizen(s), or if the U.S. citizen parent has not met the physical presence requirement, then the child cannot be issued a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Please refer to the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 for further information on how to document your child as an American Citizen.

1. Child's official provincial birth record, showing complete information on the parents.

Note: Some posts can only accept an original Registration of Live Birth - bearing the impression seal of the Vital Statistics office. This record is kept on file with Vital Statistics and a certified photocopy bearing the impression seal of the office can be issued.

This document tells us whether there have been any amendments to the record. The child's certificate of birth is not always acceptable. Please refer to your "post specific" instructions when you receive your application forms, for acceptable birth record instructions.

2. Evidence of Parent(s) U.S. Citizenship at the Time of the Child's Birth.U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship/Naturalization; Consular Report of Birth Abroad; or a U.S. Birth Certificate bearing the impression seal of the Vital Records Office and the date of filing.

3. Proof of parents' identity: Photo ID.

4. Child's ID (i.e. a vaccination booklet or Medicaid card or other passport).

5. Previous CRBAs for other children in the family

6. Original civil marriage certificate of parents.

7. Documentary evidence of termination of any previous marriages of either parent (i.e. divorce decree, death certificate, etc.), if applicable.

8. In some cases the U.S. citizen parent may be asked to complete an Affidavit of Parentage and Physical Presence at the time of Application.

9. Parents' Canadian Immigration Record, showing original entry date into Canada.

10. Evidence of parent's physical presence in the U.S.

Some examples of evidence of physical presence may include accredited school and university; transcripts, employment records, utility bills, etc. Acceptance of this evidence will be at the discretion of the consular officer, and depending on the circumstances, the consular officer may ask for additional material.

11. Complete Form DS-2029. Do not sign.

12. Complete Application for a Social Security Number (Form SS-5-FS). Children 12 years of age and older must appear in person with the parent signing.

13. If you wish to apply for the child's passport, the child must appear in person with the parents signing. Submit two color photographs. The photos must be recent (taken within the past six months), identical, 2 inches x 2 inches; Full face, on a plain, light (white or off-white) background. Vending machine photographs are not acceptable. You will also need to complete the appropriate passport application form

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

For the child of a US citizen.

The following information summarizes key provisions of U.S. law regarding the transmission of citizenship by a U.S. citizen parent or parents to their children born in wedlock outside the United States. (Please note that separate transmission requirements apply for children born outside of wedlock. Contact the U.S. Embassy/Consulate for further information if this is the case.)

If both parents were U.S. citizens when your child was born, he/she may have acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, if at least one parent resided in the USA prior to the child's birth. If your child was born on or after 11/14/86, and only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of the child's birth, the child may have acquired U.S. citizenship at birth if the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the USA for periods totaling five years prior to the child's birth, at least two of which where after their 14th birthday.

If a child was adopted by an American citizen(s), or if the U.S. citizen parent has not met the physical presence requirement, then the child cannot be issued a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Please refer to the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 for further information on how to document your child as an American Citizen.

1. Child's official provincial birth record, showing complete information on the parents.

Note: Some posts can only accept an original Registration of Live Birth - bearing the impression seal of the Vital Statistics office. This record is kept on file with Vital Statistics and a certified photocopy bearing the impression seal of the office can be issued.

This document tells us whether there have been any amendments to the record. The child's certificate of birth is not always acceptable. Please refer to your "post specific" instructions when you receive your application forms, for acceptable birth record instructions.

2. Evidence of Parent(s) U.S. Citizenship at the Time of the Child's Birth.U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship/Naturalization; Consular Report of Birth Abroad; or a U.S. Birth Certificate bearing the impression seal of the Vital Records Office and the date of filing.

3. Proof of parents' identity: Photo ID.

4. Child's ID (i.e. a vaccination booklet or Medicaid card or other passport).

5. Previous CRBAs for other children in the family

6. Original civil marriage certificate of parents.

7. Documentary evidence of termination of any previous marriages of either parent (i.e. divorce decree, death certificate, etc.), if applicable.

8. In some cases the U.S. citizen parent may be asked to complete an Affidavit of Parentage and Physical Presence at the time of Application.

9. Parents' Canadian Immigration Record, showing original entry date into Canada.

10. Evidence of parent's physical presence in the U.S.

Some examples of evidence of physical presence may include accredited school and university; transcripts, employment records, utility bills, etc. Acceptance of this evidence will be at the discretion of the consular officer, and depending on the circumstances, the consular officer may ask for additional material.

11. Complete Form DS-2029. Do not sign.

12. Complete Application for a Social Security Number (Form SS-5-FS). Children 12 years of age and older must appear in person with the parent signing.

13. If you wish to apply for the child's passport, the child must appear in person with the parents signing. Submit two color photographs. The photos must be recent (taken within the past six months), identical, 2 inches x 2 inches; Full face, on a plain, light (white or off-white) background. Vending machine photographs are not acceptable. You will also need to complete the appropriate passport application form

thank you so much for the complete information, so in case we would submit a I 130 for me and for my eldest daughter we will not filly up any form for my youngest daughter right? we just apply the CRBA and the us passport and she could automatically go with us when we get approved. Thanks again

thank you so much for the complete information, so in case we would submit a I 130 for me and for my eldest daughter we will not filly up any form for my youngest daughter right? we just apply the CRBA and the us passport and she could automatically go with us when we get approved. Thanks again

It's not automatic, the US citizen will have to prove the child is his at the CRBA interview at USEM. Don’t for get you need to make an appointment and, you will need to take the child for them to see when you submit the forms.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.