ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Timeline

Should have next interview in May/June or so.... she will need to renew some documentation between now and then...

Nothing surprises me when they are asking questions... Some of the stuff they asked us was a surprise, but we went along with them like you did. There still may be a couple of guys poking around in the coming month. Its great news that the CO didnt want to deal with the senators... other CO's have just scoffed at them... :thumbs:

Have a feeling it is more like a superior started asking why nothing is being done yet. The CO realized that maybe they were putting it off too much. Just glad they are doing something.

Thanks. I'll be ready for a call. I specifically asked the person who talked to me that if he has any question or would like additional information on something he is not sure about, then give me a call back. I just don't want him to assume anything. Sometime there is a miscommunication between problem between the people they called and they could hear or say the something different.

One example was during the interview, my fiancee said that I play volleyball while the interpreter said basketball.

Edited by seattlerain

1st email, May 19, 2009

1st visit, first face to face, June 17, 2009

2nd visit, December 24, 2009

3rd visit, engaged in Vietnam, June 6, 2010

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

4th visit,December 26, 2010

INTERVIEWED May 21, 2011 --> RE: Additional documents

5th visit, both of us went in to submit additional documents on June 16, 2011---> Result AP.

6th visit, I went to the Consulate on December 28, 2011

Got back to the US and asked Congressman for help.

March 10, Asked Senators for help.

March 27, 2012 DoS status indicated an expedite on my case after Senators inquiry

End of March, Phone call from Consulate at 11:30PM.

April 13 (or so) received letter asked to update medical and police report

Received VISA April 28, 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The interpreters suck... They will not likely call you again.. just her... if at all.. the rest of the communication willlikely be via email or snail mail...

@seattlerain - don't be surprised if you get another call in about a week, in reverse order. That's what happened to us.

first I have heard of a double call session.. usually both at same time and only once.. that followed by the two guys snoopin around the locals for info..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

The interpreters suck... They will not likely call you again.. just her... if at all.. the rest of the communication willlikely be via email or snail mail...

first I have heard of a double call session.. usually both at same time and only once.. that followed by the two guys snoopin around the locals for info..

Things change and evolve and I'm sure they do what's necessary to complete their investigation, and I'm very sure they have different rules for VK/VN and Caucasian/VN couples. One size does not fit all. Not only that, they employ trickery and says stuff like like:

First interview -

Investigator: "I hear a woman's voice, who's that?"

Me: "There's no woman here. I'm giving my kids a bath, that's my son"

Investigator: "No I swear that was a woman, who's that?"

Me: "Look, there's nobody else here, just me and my 2 kids and I'm giving them a bath"

Investigator: "I hear that xxxx's ex husband is good looking, do you think he's better looking than you or you're better looking than him?"

Second interview, after my fiancee told him I'm driving back from Vegas with my kids -

Investigator: "Where are you?"

Me: "Driving back from Vegas"

Investigator: "Who did you go with?"

Me: "My kids"

Investigator: "Why do you take your kids there?"

Me: "There's lots of things for kids - fountains, light shows, M&M store"

Timeline

they had me OTP for 45 min.. Thuy for over an hour.. MIL as well.. then they called Thuys manager..They called my Ex and asked her about my current relationship which she had no knowledge about. . NVC called me asking for my Ex before it ever got to the consulate... The questions when they start investigating can be anything and everything... The guys that came by her house snoping asked neighbors about me, other men, my wife etc... very invasive and very inappropriate.. but that stage is behind us.. all we have now is to get a visa for my stepson...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Hard to believe they go through all this. Ridiculous.blink.gif

Agreed :thumbs:

One more reason for this topic to be pinned... if nobody knows what to expect, this ordeal could be the end of the relationship in many cases...

Hi guys,

So it's more than a week now since a phone call from the Consulate. I called DoS four times so far since then. 3 of the 4 calls, they will not say anything to me more than just saying, my case is in administrative review. One of the 4 calls was on last Thursday and she said that "favorable", and I asked her what she meant by that. She was hesitated and after that she did not say anything more and then refer back as saying still in review and asked me to call back again next week (which is this week). Perhaps, I misunderstood her....not sure.

My senators have not contact me yet. I assumed that since the Consulate didn't not provide them a response yet.

I'll try to call DoS again sometime this week.

1st email, May 19, 2009

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

5th visit, both of us went in to submit additional documents on June 16, 2011---> Result AP.

March 27, 2012 DoS status indicated an expedite on my case after Senators inquiry

Hi again,

I called DoS before I read your message above and this time she said that the Consulated prepared a letter but not send it yet. I have no idea if this is an approval letter or a denial letter. I really hope the letter is about redoing the police report and IOM stuff.

1st email, May 19, 2009

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone,

About 2 months ago, two Consular representatives (one American and one Vietnamese) went to my wife's residence to check for evidence (looking at pictures, receipt money was sent, daily Yahoo video calls, etc...) while calling me directly from my wife's cell phone (she has my number on her phone along with our many pictures) to verify my existence. They asked me similar questions they asked my wife to double check. At the end of that visit, my wife asked them how long she has to wait and was told by the Vietnamese representative that "it won't be long as the last time" (the last time my wife had interview was last July when she received the white slip for Additional Processing as was discussed in another topic). My wife then told me they were talking to each other about our evidence matched, etc...

It has been more than 2 months and we still haven't received any response regarding the case beside the general response (when we sent e-mail) such as "the case is still under additional processing....etc..). We've also had a Senator writing letter requesting the case update and also receiving the "general" response.

What should we do? Please advise. Thank you very much for your help.

Timeline

call DoS and ask they what the date of last activity was.. status check.. should be soon... how long since they put you guys in AP?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.