benmariela

RFE: Submit all supporting Tax Documentation

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I recently received an RFE that says,

"Submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2's, 1099s, etc) submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) from the petitioner/sponsor on Form I-864, Affadavit of Support, for the most recent tax year."

First of all I did not send some of these, i just sent my tax return information because it is obvious that i do not make enough to be a sponsor by myself as I am a student, but a joint sponsor does, in which all of this information was included.

Now, my question is Do I need to just send these forms, or do they need to be attached to another copy of an I-864?

thanks, please help.

Applied for K-1 visa - Feb 26, 2009

Recieved K-1 Visa - Aug 6, 2009

Married - Oct 23, 2009

Applied for AOS, i-485, i-765, & i-131 - Dec 6, 2009

i-765 & i-131 approved - Feb 1, 2010

I - 485 approved - Pending

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

sorry, if adjusting, and using a co-sponser, there MUST be info on the primary sponser (you, via I-864)

so that's two I-864's, ya?

one on the USC that married the person from Peru,

and another on the co-sponser.

I suggest submitting a new I-864 on the primary sponser, with ALL of the support docs.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
sorry, if adjusting, and using a co-sponser, there MUST be info on the primary sponser (you, via I-864)

I suggest submitting a new I-864 on the primary sponser, with ALL of the support docs.

right. well I submitted two I-864s, I just may not have included a w-2, though i did include tax return information, etc..., which in the end, shows the same thing, that I do not make enough money, but i imagined that because with the i-134 i did the same thing and it was enough, then it would be okay. Obviously I was wrong about that.

The point is, do i need to submit another I-864 with supporting documents, or just the supporting documents, because they should already have a copy of the rest. Nothing will change on that piece of paper.

Married - Oct 23, 2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I would resubmit the information like it is the first time, also send in the RFE and an explanation letter in big bold print. I had to resend in the same items back to USCIS 3 times for an RFE until I finally got lucky. The first time I just sent in what they asked for and it got kicked back to me saying it was an incomplete AOS package, after a couple of tries like this, I decided it to spell it out for them and that seemed to work. Good luck and let us know if you need anything else.

Brian & Isa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:thumbs:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
right. well I submitted two I-864s, I just may not have included a w-2, though i did include tax return information, etc..., which in the end, shows the same thing, that I do not make enough money, but i imagined that because with the i-134 i did the same thing and it was enough, then it would be okay. Obviously I was wrong about that.

The point is, do i need to submit another I-864 with supporting documents, or just the supporting documents, because they should already have a copy of the rest. Nothing will change on that piece of paper.

Yes, I would. If nothing will change what's the problem? If what you send them is not enough to satisfy the RFE the next thing they do is deny the AOS and send a demand for your wife to leave the country within 30 days and it costs you another $1010 to re-file again. And you want to risk that instead of sending another I-864? Brilliant.

The I-134 andI-864 are not related and there are no particular regulations for the consulates to follow, they cna do whatever they want, basically. Don't take chances, send more than enough to cover the RFE

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

thanks all.......

I'll send the whole I-864 again, hopefully it works.

Married - Oct 23, 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.