lbounds

Does your wife think the US is too cold ?

98 posts in this topic

:wow:, your wife should join the Polar Bear Club!!

Where can I get Cuddle Duds for my wife? What store did you buy them?

-phil

My wife handles the cold here VERY well. I bought her Cuddle Duds to wear under her clothes and she loves them. They are insulated underwear for women. She doesn't like the cold wind blowing in her face and always wears a scarf when it's bitterly cold like it is today. It was 4 below zero when we left for work this morning at 5am. Here are a couple pics she took herself the first winter she was here.

post-34014-1262623946_thumb.jpgpost-34014-1262623958_thumb.jpg

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wow:, your wife should join the Polar Bear Club!!

Where can I get Cuddle Duds for my wife? What store did you buy them?

-phil

I guess it's actually Cuddl Duds with no "e" now that I look. We get them at JCPenney's. There are several styles. We've tried to find XS that they list on the packages but have never found them (even online). They run about 20$ for the tops and 20$ for the bottoms but we never pay full price. They're always on sale at Penney's.

Good Luck,

Kev_n_Jena

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

It doesn't get snow here in Phoenix area during winter but does get little chilly in the early morning but we barely use the heater. Been in US for 3 years and I could say I don't complain that much anymore unlike my first winter it was hilarious I had to wear sweater around the house and heater was on and would still complained. :blush:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

when i got here it was spring but coming from a hot country even if its 50-60F is already cold..i was always shivering..then came summer which was really,really hot that we even have a temp of 100F..

now its winter, it is really cold and on top of that, i have to wear lots of clothes which makes it heavier and sometimes i can breathe. oh well, if i dont wear lots of clothes, i will be freezing..hehehhe

Filed: Timeline
Back home, 70 degree F was already cold for me. When I arrived here in TN last November, the 1st week was very cold for me but I've adjusted fast. Your soon to be wife will be fine.;)

HAHAHAHA...

wait for Thursday night when the temperature will go down to 9 F. or less....

it will make look last winter look was a heat wave in TN...

I used to try to get a rise out of Merlaine by telling her what the temp was here off and on. I'd tell her "baby, it's 15 degrees here today" and I never got a reaction from her at all. Then I finally asked her what the temp was there and she had no idea. It dawned on me that she has no idea at all what 15 would feel like. She's never felt 60 much less a -20 windchill like we're having now! LOL I'm taking her straight to the mall to clothes shop when she gets here ;) lol

Hahaha...i have the same answer when they ask me about the temperature in the Philippines. All we know is we have summer, rainy days and typhoon! we just have HOT and COLD weather..PERIOD! we don't care what temperature it is.

Hey,it's not really fun adjusting to the temp here...Pinays are flipflops, shorts, sleeveless chick...

Sometimes I don't feel like going out, coz I feel so overdress sometimes. People here in TN says its just chilly, Chilly?!! i couldn't even walk outside without my knees shaking and talk without my jaw shaking too....men, its freaking freezing!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Before I got here,i used to dream of playing on the snow.and i experienced it when we lived in Idaho,after that,i told my husband i dont want it no more since it's too cold,and though we had a heater,we cant use it that much since his son in law whom we used to live,was like a polar bear,he loved sleeping with the AC on the whole day :whistle: .We're now in Abq,New Mexico and i love the weather here,there's still snow but it doesnt last for long.and because we live in an apartment where all utilities are paid,I could turn on the heater whenever i get cold without worrying about the electric bill :D

Edited by ManilaIdaho

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hahaha...i have the same answer when they ask me about the temperature in the Philippines. All we know is we have summer, rainy days and typhoon! we just have HOT and COLD weather..PERIOD! we don't care what temperature it is.

Hey,it's not really fun adjusting to the temp here...Pinays are flipflops, shorts, sleeveless chick...

Sometimes I don't feel like going out, coz I feel so overdress sometimes. People here in TN says its just chilly, Chilly?!! i couldn't even walk outside without my knees shaking and talk without my jaw shaking too....men, its freaking freezing!

I'm also in TN. Where in TN do you live?

I'm still wearing my flip flops here, especially when just going to places in which I know I won't have to walk so much in the open air like when going to grocery stores, etc. I know it's not very fashionable since it's winter but I'm more comfortable wearing my flip flops rather than wearing shoes. I do get some stares from people at times but hey, I would only be out in the open air for like 2-5 minutes, I'd rather be comfortable than fashionable.

I brought a small fleece blanket on my last flight to the Phils. The aircon can get really cold sometimes. My wife arrived here in Iowa last March and was really good about not complaining about the cold. I watched her closely and made sure she had a good coat and nice thick socks as well as gloves and a knit cap.

Summer arrived and she was pleased with the warmth. I was worried about this next winter but as of this past weekend, we had -9F temps all weekend long, she was complaining about how hot it was and kicking off the blankets.

Shirr told me she was not undrstanding why she was so cold the past Spring and not cold now even though it was so much more colder.

I think your wife will be fine if you get her lots of nice warm clothes. A good coat, some sweaters and good socks will make all the difference!!

-Phil

I know the answer why:) Because your wife is pregnant. Pregnant women tend to feel hot during their pregnancy.

29960_396648778323_615343323_4014936_8258670_n.jpg

Q3b5m7.png

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! You cant kick me out now Baby!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

TIMELINE-I-751-Oct 11, 2009 GC Expiration

July 8, 2009- Sent 1-751 in to CSC

July 15, 2009- CSC sent back my papers saying its too early for 90 days expiration

July 16, 2009- Resend my papers 85 days before GC expired

July 18, 2009- Arrived at CSC-10:53 am

July 22, 2009- Cashed Check

July 27, 2009- NOA 1 recieved

July 31, 2009- Biometric Notice Recieved

Aug 18, 2009- Biometric Schedule

Sep 03, 2009- Card Production ordered

Sep 09, 2009-Approval letter recieved in the mail

Sep 12, 2009- 10 Year GC recieved

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
When I got here last year, I really adjusted with the weather. I am from Mindanao too and having a different environment especially the weather is a bit of adjustment. It may be funny but I am wearing my sweater for a 70 degrees weather..lol..My adjustment was quite fast though and the weather here doesn't bother me anymore. I can even roam around with a pair of jeans and a shirt for a 50 degrees weather now :D :D :D . Your wife will be fine.

she sayin phils is cold ? omg im from pinas i ts so hot there maybe its cold in mindanao for her but ermmmmmmm compare here in usa ewwww 1f is freezing not cold lol... and maybe to her this temp now is ummmmm super duper cold

HAHAHAHA...

wait for Thursday night when the temperature will go down to 9 F. or less....

it will make look last winter look was a heat wave in TN...

lol -5f here in missouri

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

Thanks for the information. I will look for them this weekend.

-Phil

I guess it's actually Cuddl Duds with no "e" now that I look. We get them at JCPenney's. There are several styles. We've tried to find XS that they list on the packages but have never found them (even online). They run about 20$ for the tops and 20$ for the bottoms but we never pay full price. They're always on sale at Penney's.

Good Luck,

Kev_n_Jena

I wondered about that...

I guess I better keep her bare foot and pregnant from here on... :devil:

I know the answer why:) Because your wife is pregnant. Pregnant women tend to feel hot during their pregnancy.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

These posts are too funny and reminiscent of my concerns of my wife's climate adjustment some five years ago. We live in the north Texas area and while our summers are blazing hot, the winters are generally mild. Still, the first week my wife arrived, it snowed and she got to make her first snowman with no gloves and only a light jacket. She's since learned to dress more appropriately but, for some strange reason, she absolutely detests the heater - doesn't matter if we're in the car or in the house, she complains of "dizziness" whenever she feels the warm air from the heater. As a result, we keep the home thermostat at about 69 degrees. Sometimes I'll come home and it will be really cold in the house. I go straight to the thermostat and see that the temperature is in the low 60s - she turns the heat off while I'm at work. She used to do the same thing in the summer. During 100 degree heatwaves, I'd come home to find the house temperature to be 85!!! However, she hated the hot sun too and would always complain about the sun burning her skin. She actually suggested (several times) while we were shopping that I should go to the car 5 minutes before her so I could cool it down.

I got to relive many of those actions this past year when my teenage stepson came to live with us. It was so funny to see him run from the car to the grocery store because it was too hot and he didn't want the sun to burn his skin. In early September, he helped me with a weekend-long outdoor project when temps were still in the low 90s. Much of the work had to be done under the sun. I needed his help holding stuff while I sawed or hammered but, as soon as he was finished each time, he would run back to hide under the shade. I never knew Filipinos were so afraid of the sun. He was still wearing flip flops well into November but he, too, has since learned to wear socks and sweaters. Now, he runs from the car to the store because it's too cold.

My wife handles the cold here VERY well. I bought her Cuddle Duds to wear under her clothes and she loves them. They are insulated underwear for women. She doesn't like the cold wind blowing in her face and always wears a scarf when it's bitterly cold like it is today. It was 4 below zero when we left for work this morning at 5am. Here are a couple pics she took herself the first winter she was here.

post-34014-1262623946_thumb.jpgpost-34014-1262623958_thumb.jpg

Bet it wasn't 4 below and windy when she took those PICs.... My wife and In-Laws thought the PICs were cute.

I got my wife out in the first snow last December,,, she won't let me post the PIC though as she was almost 9 months

preggy.

Regards,

Bet it wasn't 4 below and windy when she took those PICs.... My wife and In-Laws thought the PICs were cute.

I got my wife out in the first snow last December,,, she won't let me post the PIC though as she was almost 9 months

preggy.

Regards,

You're right, I was at work when she took them. She said it was 24 degrees F and no wind.

She's not the average filipina when it comes to handling the cold. The place she works is almost 90% filipino contract workers and most of them are bundled up pretty well while she's carrying her coat. They are always telling her to put it on. We keep our furnace set at about 65. (I'm kuripot) :lol:

Tell your wife women are beautiful preggy. It's God's gift right? :D

Take care,

Kevin

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.