11 posts in this topic

:dance: I got packet 3 today :) That was fast. The letter from the NVC that Jon got was dated July 17th and my packet 3 was dated July 19th. Things are REALLY moving foward which means I'm more stressed now LOL

I have a question about the medical. It says to arrange for one now, but I don't have my interview letter with my interview date so how do I know when to schedule it? Especially since you need the interview letter at the appointment? I'm stressed out there won't be a big enough window between the time I get the interview appointment letter and the actual dateof interview. Is it ok to wait til you get ur appointment letter and then book the appointment?

My fiance was going to come and go to the interview with me and we were thinking of doing the medical like a week before the interview. I don't know how long the waiting list is for getting a medical either....are you able to book it quickly or is there a few months waiting period? Can someone who has done it tell me?? Thanks.

P.S It says on the checklist to arrange the exam.....what exactly does this mean? How can you book an exam when you don't know the interview date and don't have the appointment letter in your hands (which you need to go to the medical)

PPS Sorry if this sounds messed up. I'm a little nervous. :blink:

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

I don't really know how it is there, but my fiancé already made his appointment in Reykjavík before he has even gotten the packet. (The doctor said this was OK.) He knew which doctor to call because some friends of ours were doing the spouse visa thing so he just called the same doctor as our friend used.

Again, YMMV, but I think it was about a month to the appointment from when he scheduled it. 3 or 4 weeks. Canadian doctors may be busier than Icelandic doctors.

i had my medical before i received my interview date. the office asked when mine was and i told them that all i had was the letter & packet 3 and all was fine. it says you are required to have one in packet 3 and i don't suppose the doctors mind making the money. ;) results are valid for 6 months (if i remember correctly) so no worries getting done sooner than later.

as for timing, it may depend on where you are planning to get the medical done and how busy they may be. i could have had my appt. the same week i called.

hope this helps.

k

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
:dance: I got packet 3 today :) That was fast. The letter from the NVC that Jon got was dated July 17th and my packet 3 was dated July 19th. Things are REALLY moving foward which means I'm more stressed now LOL

I have a question about the medical. It says to arrange for one now, but I don't have my interview letter with my interview date so how do I know when to schedule it? Especially since you need the interview letter at the appointment? I'm stressed out there won't be a big enough window between the time I get the interview appointment letter and the actual dateof interview. Is it ok to wait til you get ur appointment letter and then book the appointment?

My fiance was going to come and go to the interview with me and we were thinking of doing the medical like a week before the interview. I don't know how long the waiting list is for getting a medical either....are you able to book it quickly or is there a few months waiting period? Can someone who has done it tell me?? Thanks.

P.S It says on the checklist to arrange the exam.....what exactly does this mean? How can you book an exam when you don't know the interview date and don't have the appointment letter in your hands (which you need to go to the medical)

Cali

Did your packet three have any medical providers listed that you have to go to to have the medical done? The paperwork from Korea says to arrange the exam, at the medical facilities they list on the forms. I think the medical is good for 6 months. For Korea all you have to do is give them your NVC case # passport and 3 passport photos at the time of the medical. My fiance is going to his medical before the interview. Check your paperwork and see if there are any facilities listed that you can call to schedule the appointment at. I would call the medical provider listed if there is one and find out what they need for the medical.

Edited by snz1802

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Cali

Did your packet three have any medical providers listed that you have to go to to have the medical done? The paperwork from Korea says to arrange the exam, at the medical facilities they list on the forms. I think the medical is good for 6 months. For Korea all you have to do is give them your NVC case # passport and 3 passport photos at the time of the medical. My fiance is going to his medical before the interview. Check your paperwork and see if there are any facilities listed that you can call to schedule the appointment at. I would call the medical provider listed if there is one and find out what they need for the medical.

Yes I have a list of doctores to call about the medical. I guess I'm not being clear enough. It says in packet 3 that you need the "appointment letter" (with your interview date on it) to get into the medical. Well I won't have that until after I've sent in my checklist and the checklist requires you arrange your medical exam first. I'm confused because I don't have any ide of when the interview date will be so I don't know when to book the medical for and if my "appointment letter" will be here in time for the interview. I wanted to go and do it a week or two before the interview but I can't do that if I have no idea when the interview date is. Everyone following? I'm frustrated about this all because I don't know the interview date and want to do it as close to the interview date as I can because.....then Jon can go with me. It would be hard to find someone else to take me since I don't drive and I don't live in any of the cities where doctors are available. The closest one to me is Toronto which is 2 hours south of me.

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Thats a tough one, I guess you will have to untiil you know when your interview is going to be....huh

no you cant do that, this is a tough one, I would call the medical provider and see what they suggest, I bet they are familiar with this type of thing.

Edited by snz1802

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Thats a tough one, I guess you will have to untiil you know when your interview is going to be....huh

I guess so. I'm just freaking cuz I don't know how long the window usually is from when u get the interview date to when the actual interview is and whether there would be enough time to conduct a medical in there. I'm assuming its about a month-2 months from the time u get ur interview letter to time of interview. At least that's what I've been going by on ppl's timelines.

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Congratulations on getting packet 3....after all the waiting that you have to do in the past,you deserve for this to go really quickly now...good luck

I-129F SENT TO CSC 01/31/2006

I-129F NOA1 RECEIVED 02/02/2006

touched 04/25/2006

NOA2 04/25/2006

touched 04/26/2006

NVC received case 05/11/2006

Left NVC 05/12/2006

medical 06/06/2006

Packet 3 received 05/30/2006

returned packet 3 05/31/2006

Interview date 07/18/2006

Approved...yeahhhh

07/21/2006 Received visa...WOOOOHOOOO

09/24/2006 marrying my baby yeahhhhhhhh

.png

115194159098768.gif

Congratulations on getting packet 3....after all the waiting that you have to do in the past,you deserve for this to go really quickly now...good luck

Thanks! That means alot. It's amazing how it went from slow to quick!

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You don't need an appt letter as far as I know. You need your number that Montreal assigned to you and is listed on your packet 3 letter.

I got packet 3, booked my medical and then got my interview date. Montreal is not too speedy with interviews right now so you should be fine to book your medical now.

I would call and see how far in advance you need to book your medical and that will give you an idea of if you will be able to schedule it like you want to.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

You don't need an appt letter as far as I know. You need your number that Montreal assigned to you and is listed on your packet 3 letter.

I got packet 3, booked my medical and then got my interview date. Montreal is not too speedy with interviews right now so you should be fine to book your medical now.

I would call and see how far in advance you need to book your medical and that will give you an idea of if you will be able to schedule it like you want to.

Thanks cristy. That's what I'm going to do. :thumbs:

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.