Bernie C

Congrats to Jim and Phuong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Pics of what? The wedding, or "chim"? :whistle:

:rofl:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
The wedding!!

The wedding was a very simple civil ceremony at the county clerk's office in Oakland. My mother and daughter came as witnesses, and Phuong's daughter came because we didn't want to leave her home alone. (Phuong's son is in San Jose. He's babysitting while Phuong's sister is in Vietnam.) We waited about 10 minutes for the license, and another 10 minutes for the wedding. We even asked for, and GOT a clerk who spoke Vietnamese so we could have a bilingual wedding. All this was done without appointments. There are some real benefits to living in an area with a lot of Vietnamese people. :)

The ceremony took less than 2 minutes. Phuong realized afterward that we forgot to bring my camera, so we took a couple of pictures with our mobile phones on the sidewalk outside the clerk's office. If you want to see those pictures then I'll borrow my daughter's media reader later and copy them to my computer.

The wedding was really just a formality. We wanted to satisfy the K1 requirements as soon as possible. I also want to get Phuong and her daughter on my medical insurance (her son won't be eligible until he's enrolled in school full time). It also doesn't hurt that I'll get the new filing status and tax deductions for 2009! :blush:

We're going to have the traditional wedding party sometime in January. For that, we'll have LOTS of pics!

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Both silly man!!..LOL Congrats Jim!! With any luck I'll be meeting my girlie there at SFO sometime this spring and would love to finally get to meet you! I'm thinking of taking a day or two there as a honeymoon (kinda). I've never seen the city and Merlaine has never seen anything further from home than Manila ;) My very best to you and Phuong!!

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

we don't wanna to see pics of chim :-)

Congrats CHIM and Phuong

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sadly, we got news yesterday that Phuong's nephew passed away without reviving from his coma. Today is Phuong's daughter's 18th birthday, which is bittersweet coming a day after this tragic news.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and prayers.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Our condolences go out to your family Jim...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

My deepest condolenses to Phuong and her family. I am greatly sorry for their loss.

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Our sympathies to you and Phuong and her family. A sad story especially when it is a young person just starting out in life. Congratulations on your new life together, hope all your dreams come true!!

Dave & Hai Au

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.