5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello!

I'm an American Citizen living with my British Citizen hubby in the UK. We were only staying out here as Hubz had a really great..(not really, but stable might be a better word) job. Hubby has thrown in the towel and we're now looking to apply for DCF to move us back to my hometown in Illinois. We are currently located in North Wales.

I was just curious as to what the *standard* costs of DCF are. I know of the $355 fee for the I-130 petition, but what other fees are involved? How much is the medical? Are there any other costs such as with the packets 3 and 4, such as with the DS-230 form? Is there a cost for the IR-1 visa application too? I'm only talking general costs, assuming I have the photos and certificates and excluding travel costs to/from the consulate for interview etc. I've looked on the embassy website and I keep coming up empty handed!

DH and I are trying to sort out our finances and we want to see just how much we should set aside for the process. :)

Thank you all for the wonderful help I've already received!! <3

23/03/2006 - Married in USA!

01/07/2006 - Spouse Visa & Landing in the UK!

21/07/2008 - ILR Achieved

January 2012 - Seeking Divorce

Don't forget the cost for Police clearance(s).... I don't know what they are in UK.

mariahswind

Met Online Sept 1997

Married in Australia Oct 1998

DD Born Jun 2006

I-130 Petition Filed 17 Dec 2009

I-130 Petition Approved 30 Dec 2009

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Cost of Medical Exam = £190 + any necessary vaccinations (from 15£ to 120£ each)

Vaccination Fees at the Health Screening Centers in London http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/vaccfees.html

+ trip to London. The medical examination is performed at one of two medical centers in London by Knightsbridge Doctors.

If you fail to keep your appointment or cancel/change it with less than three clear day’s notice, you will be liable for a cancellation charge of £95.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.