Cam

Trip to Kazan

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I don't think its the meeting someone in person that is being questioned here. Perhaps its the idea that you're going to meet 3 ladies and then 'choose' the best one that seems a bit strange, at least to people at VJ.

Most of us here had ONE person in mind (and heart) that we spent a lot of time and effort getting to know - and likely felt that we were in love with - before travelling 8000 miles (give or take) for a face to face meeting. So it seems a bit odd to travel that far for , essentially, 3 dates. Surely you can drive to the next town and have 3 dates - and save yourself the time, money and trouble, yes?

Just my .02 as I flew past the Russia forum. :)

Probably, Tracy doesn't know that Kazan's population well exceeds a million, or that it is not unusual for guys to meet more than one lady per visit to Russia.

from Andrew

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I don't think its the meeting someone in person that is being questioned here. Perhaps its the idea that you're going to meet 3 ladies and then 'choose' the best one that seems a bit strange, at least to people at VJ.

Most of us here had ONE person in mind (and heart) that we spent a lot of time and effort getting to know - and likely felt that we were in love with - before travelling 8000 miles (give or take) for a face to face meeting. So it seems a bit odd to travel that far for , essentially, 3 dates. Surely you can drive to the next town and have 3 dates - and save yourself the time, money and trouble, yes?

Just my .02 as I flew past the Russia forum. :)

Well I think I will keep my mouth shut and stay out of trouble :dance: for awhile.

Anyway I still can't get my picture to come up.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Cam,

I spent last November in Moscow. The weather at that time was similar to Arkansas in worst of winter. Living in a warm climate, like you do, you should take some long sleeves and a jacket or two. It probably won't snow while you're in Kazan, but it's possible.

The Russian people I am associated with like to drink vodka (or home-made tequilla) every so often. If you start drinking, be sure to find the jar of pickles.

from Andrew

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I can't fly back and forth meeting one girl a trip.
Why not??? I flew back and forth three times, meeting the SAME girl from Kazan in four different countries (Egypt, Russia, Finland, Sweden - in that order). I guess that was pretty foolish and inefficient of me.

Although, in about a month we will have been married for a year.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline
I would probably be pissed off if they were there meeting 2 other guys, but they aren't flying 8000 miles and spending a ton of money.
Wow - talk about arrogance!!

The least you can do is to tell each of them that you plan to meet three girls on that trip, so that they know the score. Anything else is dishonest.

By the way - wife from Kazan says, although it is a million people or so, the places for you to go out with these women are relatively few. The odds of being seen by one with the other are not ao astronomically high.

Also, have you considered what you will tell one when you are off with another? "Well honey, it was nice being with you today. Let's get together again the day after tomorrow" isn't likely going to cut it, since I'm guessing you are a pasty white dude who speaks no Russian, and will be, relatively speaking, way out of your element. Surely they will ask what you will be doing with your time in a place like Kazan if you are not spending it with them. Just something to consider.

This strategy reminds me of the stories my wife tells about girls on her forum - where the woman will decide to marry the guy who gives her the best gifts, considering the other guys to be "cheap". So, on that note, be sure to bring some nice gifts with you, and give them to the youngest and prettiest girl you find and is young enough to be your daughter (or grand daughter) - eh, I mean, the one you like the most, while on your trip.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

I would probably be pissed off if they were there meeting 2 other guys, but they aren't flying 8000 miles and spending a ton of money.
Wow - talk about arrogance!!

The least you can do is to tell each of them that you plan to meet three girls on that trip, so that they know the score. Anything else is dishonest.

By the way - wife from Kazan says, although it is a million people or so, the places for you to go out with these women are relatively few. The odds of being seen by one with the other are not ao astronomically high.

Also, have you considered what you will tell one when you are off with another? "Well honey, it was nice being with you today. Let's get together again the day after tomorrow" isn't likely going to cut it, since I'm guessing you are a pasty white dude who speaks no Russian, and will be, relatively speaking, way out of your element. Surely they will ask what you will be doing with your time in a place like Kazan if you are not spending it with them. Just something to consider.

This strategy reminds me of the stories my wife tells about girls on her forum - where the woman will decide to marry the guy who gives her the best gifts, considering the other guys to be "cheap". So, on that note, be sure to bring some nice gifts with you, and give them to the youngest and prettiest girl you find and is young enough to be your daughter (or grand daughter) - eh, I mean, the one you like the most, while on your trip.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Who said I was looking for the best one or the prettiest, wasn't me. Maybe the best one for me. I have over 2 months to go. So far one said Don't worry she'll be at the airport at 5:20 in the morning, sounds like a nice one. The other 2 live outside Kazan and will probably ask for money for the train. I don't drink or smoke, you guys are driving me to the bottle HA! :dance:

Timeline
So far one said Don't worry she'll be at the airport at 5:20 in the morning, sounds like a nice one. The other 2 live outside Kazan and will probably ask for money for the train. I don't drink or smoke, you guys are driving me to the bottle HA!

Well, at least you take a lickin' like a man - I'll give you that much. (:

Just so you know, the airport at Kazan is actually pretty far away from the actual city. As I recall, it is AT LEAST an hour drive, if not two. So, her going out there to meet you is something you should appreciate.

As for the out of towners - well, they will need a place to stay in town too I'm guessing.

So, do all three know you are meeting two other girls on your trip? Just curious.

Cheers!

AKDiver

So far one said Don't worry she'll be at the airport at 5:20 in the morning, sounds like a nice one. The other 2 live outside Kazan and will probably ask for money for the train. I don't drink or smoke, you guys are driving me to the bottle HA!

Well, at least you take a lickin' like a man - I'll give you that much. (:

Just so you know, the airport at Kazan is actually pretty far away from the actual city. As I recall, it is AT LEAST an hour drive, if not two. So, her going out there to meet you is something you should appreciate.

As for the out of towners - well, they will need a place to stay in town too I'm guessing.

So, do all three know you are meeting two other girls on your trip? Just curious.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Got plenty of time to spill my guts. Maybe I should rent 2 more hotel rooms JUST KIDDING :dance:

Cam,

I suggest you get all three girls to stay with you at your hotel at once. Do it kind of like an episode of "The Bachelor" Kazan. Hire someone off the street to wear a tuxedo and have the girls do little competitions, then give the winner of each a flower. After the third day, make them vote one of the other girls out, then on your second to last day, take each one out on a really nice date, tell her she's the one, then the next day make your final decision. Oh, make sure you get all of this on video for us here on VJ. Might actually make you some money. Never know. You might be able to find some sponsors and get your next trip to Kazan for free!

OK, back to reality.

I agree with akdiver, you should tell these girls that you're there to meet more than one. If you don't they're going to assume that you can spend your whole trip doing things with them alone, and that's not fair to them. Plus, you'll have a much better trip if you let them know that you're going to see one girl one day, the next girl the next, etc. Being the pasty white dude (that was me too!) doesn't help at all, and if you piss off all three girls, you're going to be stuck with no girls. (Except for that gold digger that doesn't care that you were there to see three girls, she was there to see any American guy.) Or, maybe your strategy is good too... competition will make the best one rise to the top! Just make sure you video it and have an elimination round. (See above.)

Once again Cam.... GOOD LUCK!!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Cam,

I suggest you get all three girls to stay with you at your hotel at once. Do it kind of like an episode of "The Bachelor" Kazan. Hire someone off the street to wear a tuxedo and have the girls do little competitions, then give the winner of each a flower. After the third day, make them vote one of the other girls out, then on your second to last day, take each one out on a really nice date, tell her she's the one, then the next day make your final decision. Oh, make sure you get all of this on video for us here on VJ. Might actually make you some money. Never know. You might be able to find some sponsors and get your next trip to Kazan for free!

OK, back to reality.

I agree with akdiver, you should tell these girls that you're there to meet more than one. If you don't they're going to assume that you can spend your whole trip doing things with them alone, and that's not fair to them. Plus, you'll have a much better trip if you let them know that you're going to see one girl one day, the next girl the next, etc. Being the pasty white dude (that was me too!) doesn't help at all, and if you piss off all three girls, you're going to be stuck with no girls. (Except for that gold digger that doesn't care that you were there to see three girls, she was there to see any American guy.) Or, maybe your strategy is good too... competition will make the best one rise to the top! Just make sure you video it and have an elimination round. (See above.)

Once again Cam.... GOOD LUCK!!!!

Hey Slim I was waiting for you to jump in here. That would make a good reality show. These pretty Russian girls are like a drug to me. Now I have another Kazanian girl wanting to meet me. I think I will concentrate on the one that said she'll meet me at the airport. Maybe I can get a couple phone numbers in case it doesn't work out.

I know how you feel, brother.

It took me a while to jump in here because I was overseas for the last couple of weeks. I was in the Middle East to visit a buddy of mine that's in the Navy. He was showing me certain places to go to pick up girls, and I was like "wow, that's neat. There are a lot of girls here.... now where are the Russians?" I knew they were there, I could smell them. One night I set out on foot and walked about 12 miles through the 100 degree heat sticking my head in this place and that. Finally, I hit paydirt. 5 gorgeous women in a "band" at one of the nightclubs. I headed in... pulled up a chair... and to make a long story short, there were several places where there were 5 girls from Belarus working as entertainers in a band. It kind of sucked though because they were heavily guarded, and the only way to talk to them (outside of work) was to bribe the "security" for $300 or so each time.

I had a nice conversation with a couple of them (while they leaned over the edge of the stage) and shocked them all when I would say "oochin priyatna" instead of the normal "nice to meet you too!" It was nice to be instantly recognized as "that guy that took the time to learn Russian language so he could talk to us" instead of just the average guy that wanted to gawk at them while they danced.

Anyway, bottom line, the first thing I do when I go somewhere is look for the Russian girls. And like you..... I'm hooked!

(Disclaimer for all the angry girlfriends/wives on here.... I'm looking for them because I would rather be around gorgeous level-headed women than OK looking crazy women. I'm all about my girl.... but even she knows.... Russkayas are my kryptonite!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Hmm going to meet 3 girls and HOPE one of them is the one.

Good luck!

When I went to Russia, I went to meet Olga! I had been writing to a few Russian girls (one from Kazan) but after reading each of their letters, I choose to concentrate on Olga.

I don't like the idea of going to meet more then 1 girl because how do you know the other 2 won't take you to the same places? Boy that would be a waste of your time and precious money.

I admit, I cannot afford to fly back and forth either though I wish I could, I really enjoyed my time in Russia and I believe it had everything to do with whom I choose to spend that time!

As has been mentioned make certain they know that you are going to meet other girls or else you will have wasted your time not to mention aggrivated 3 girls that THOUGHT you were going ONLY to meet them!

My opinion is you should decide on 1 before you go and concentrate on that one, much more efficient use of your time AND money!

BTW, welcome back Slim, I was wondering what happened to ya! :P

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Good luck!

When I went to Russia, I went to meet Olga! I had been writing to a few Russian girls (one from Kazan) but after reading each of their letters, I choose to concentrate on Olga.

I don't like the idea of going to meet more then 1 girl because how do you know the other 2 won't take you to the same places? Boy that would be a waste of your time and precious money.

I admit, I cannot afford to fly back and forth either though I wish I could, I really enjoyed my time in Russia and I believe it had everything to do with whom I choose to spend that time!

As has been mentioned make certain they know that you are going to meet other girls or else you will have wasted your time not to mention aggrivated 3 girls that THOUGHT you were going ONLY to meet them!

My opinion is you should decide on 1 before you go and concentrate on that one, much more efficient use of your time AND money!

I am pretty much down to one now. So I get my passport yesterday and they forgot my blank pages for the visa. I sent it back today. Hopefully it won't take as long this time. So I will have time to get the visa before October 4.

Good luck!

I am pretty much down to one now. So I get my passport yesterday and they forgot my blank pages for the visa. I sent it back today. Hopefully it won't take as long this time. So I will have time to get the visa before October 4.

Good to know, good luck and have fun! :)

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Good to know, good luck and have fun! :)

Yeah I want to find My Olga. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.