We Got 2

AOS Approved Today!!!

9 posts in this topic

First of all THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH to all of you that prayed for us and offered valuable info thru postings, GOD BLESS YOU. If you are still waiting for a desition on your case or just a simple 'touch' from USCIS do not give up and keep the fsith!!! :thumbs:

Now, our impressions...

We didn't sleep much, went to bed @ 2:30 in the morning making sure all papers were up to date and with no errors at all. The reason for all this is that at the beginning we hired one of those "immigration agencies" that help you (for a fee) with filing with the papers, etc. After an interview of 2 hours with them (worth a $1,000 ) they put wrong info in most of the papers (Affidavit of support, I130 and I485). YES, we were stupid enough just to give a quick look at the documents (it was such an overwhelming packet), forms were repeated like 4 times and when you have a cranky 3 year old and a bad parking spot you'll have catastrophic results. We were so angry that 4 family members recommended this bunch of idiots for the job, that we didn't check the dates and the rest of the info other than our names that seemed to be ok. Wrong. The first mistake was on the Affidavit of Support...

My husband became unemployed on July and we were told this was ok. Thanks God that by the date he became unemployed he had already earned 5 times the amount supposed to be earned for a family of 4. Soon came the RFE on this, they were asking for a joint sponsor since the geniuses we hired put the unemployment benefit amount as the total income for this year, ignoring the year to date. Oh, before I forget, they also put the wrong amount on the unemployment benefits (by $2,000 less that what was on the paper). Other mistakes were that some forms that were supposed to be in capital letters were on lowercase, wrong phone number, wrong divorce dates on husband, etc. Little details that honestly can have your application denied and raise doubts on the adjudicator officer. Blame it on being a rookie on this type of process After only 2 RFE's on the Affidavit of Support, one before and the other one after the biometrics, I received my EAD card. Now the interview details for those who fell asleep 2 paragraphs ago :D

Interview was set at 11:30 at our local office... We arrived at 10:55 and parked a block and a half on a public parking. We took our 3 yo son with us and off we went. Upon arriving on the building we were inspected, went thru metal detectors and took the elevator to the 13th floor. Went to window 1 and a lady took my interview paper and told us to go to the room next door. Now its 11:04 and we wait. We got to see different couples, from different ethnics background walk out with smiles in their faces... Promising, but... Minutes and hours come and go, and we're not called. After 2 tamtrums of my son, me falling asleep on my husband's shoulder they call us. A nice 50 something lady guided us thru a door and we sat on a 10' x 10' cubicle. We were sworned in. She ask my husband for his passport or driver's license, and then my passport with the I-94 (I have 3 passports). She asked him if he was working and he said no, and then (surprise) she said that they consolidated what he had earned from january until july plus the unemployment benefits. Then she asked how many kids we had, copies of the bc and if we had pix from the wedding. She asked if I was working, and I told her yes, I was hired last monday. To my surprise she told me she used to work in that very same place, and wished me good luck on my career... Then she said we were approved for a conditional residence, since we've only been married for 1 year and 11 months at the time of this interview. That I should be able to lift conditions in 21 months (3 months before the conditional one expires) and if we have any questions. I said yes, that we wanted to go to Niagara Falls for Xmas and she said that it will be better for me to wait for the card to arrive (2 to 3 months from today) and that in case I have a family emergency to make an infopass appt so they can stamp my passport (they didn't do it today)... Total time on the interview: 8 minutes at the most...

She didn't ask for my EAD or anything else, I had a folder that weighted like 10 or 20 lbs, 50 photos, letters from friends, insurance cards, rent, bank and all the kind of statements one can gather in 15 years of relationship and she asked for NOTHING...

To resume this book, I came here 15 years ago on a tourist visa, fell in love, formed a family and extended my visit to the US a bit too long, at the end everything worked out just fine and I wish that all of you waiting for touches and interviews can have them before Xmas...

Now I can sleep with no worries and hopefully soon can lift conditions to get PR...

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

wed 9:00 to 4:00

vmnrh8symn0o8.png

09/04/09 AOS (I-485; I-130 & I-765) sent to Chicago Lockbox

09/07/09 AOS received; signed by RMercado

09/11/09 Receipt notice on I-485; I-130 & I-765

09/15/09 Biometrics Appmt received for 10/07/09

10/07/09 Biometrics completed at the local USCIS office

10/29/09 EAD arrived by mail

11/13/09 Went to my local ss office to request a ss. Should be getting my card in less than 2 weeks :)

11/21/09 Received my ss card on the mail!

12/07/09 Got a job :)

12/14/09 Initial interview for AOS @ 11:30 am. Jehova es mi pastor, nada me faltara!

12/14/09 AOS Approved...Conditional Permanent Resident!

12/15/09 Case closed by IO, reopened again on the day of our 2nd weeding anniversary (God works in misterious ways)

01/19/10 10 yr GC arrived in the mail :)

10/02/10 Applying for US Citizenship, with God's will :) :)

I forgot to say that even though we arrived at 11 for that 11:30 interview they called us like at 1:19 pm and by 1:28 we were walking out the door with a big smile in our faces. Total on parking was $10 dollars (we were afraid that it was gonna be $35 or $40), but we forgot that we no longer live in NYC so :D

:star:

vmnrh8symn0o8.png

11/13/09 Went to my local ss office to request a ss. Should be getting my card in less than 2 weeks :)

12/14/09 Initial interview for AOS @ 11:30 am. Jehova es mi pastor, nada me faltara!

12/15/09 Case closed by IO, reopened again on the day of our 2nd weeding anniversary (God works in misterious ways)

Wow what a story!! Those lawyers are IDIOTS, wow! I'm so great it ended up great for you though, CONGRATS!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs::dance: :dance: :dance:

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Wow what a story!! Those lawyers are IDIOTS, wow! I'm so great it ended up great for you though, CONGRATS!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs::dance: :dance: :dance:

Thank you!! The funny thing they're not even lawyers... They're notarios. Honestly, we should have been more careful, but since we've been together for almost 15 years we never in a million years thought that there could be a problem; and since some close family members recommended this people we blindly entered into this whole thing. One thing I learned, if when you're at the airport common sense tells you not to accept a suitcase or anything from someone that you don't even know the same principle applies when it comes to sensitive information like everything you put on those USCIS/HS forms. We just got it too late but with wonderful results. The sad part is that it doesn't work out for everyone in the same way, some people are scammed because of individuals like this. They promote themselves as being in bussiness for "20 years" but funny thing, they couldn't even read the proper amount from a paystub issued by the unemployment agency...

Who knew? :blush:

I have one question, on the USCIS webpage they updated the info but instead of "Conditional Residence" it reads "On December 14th we mailed you a notice that we have registered this customer's new permanent residence status..." Is the same Conditional Residence or was I given the permanent one? The lady said that it was the CR... Or is just the term for now being a resident and has nothing to do with being a PR? Thanks in advance! :star:

vmnrh8symn0o8.png

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I'm sure you"ll receive your greencard sooner than 2 months time.

Take care and God Bless

12/30/05 - married

7/14/06 - sent I-130

7/18/06 - notice of arrival I-130

8/03/09 - received approval I-130

7/28/09 - sent AOS package

7/29/09 - arrived Chicago lockbox

8/05/09 - touched

8/07/09 - received notice of arrival I-485

8/07/09 - received Biometrics appoitment notice for 9/2/09

8/22/09 - did walk-in biometrics (in/out within 30 minutes)

8/25/09 - touched

10/23/09 - received interview appoitment letter for 11/24/09

11/24/09 - Interview - approved received I-551 stamp

11/25/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

11/28/09 - received welcome letter from USCIS (by mail)

11/30/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

12/02/09 - received email from USCIS - I-1485 approval noticed mailed out

12/03/09 - touched

12/05/09 - received 10 year green card in the mail, Thank you Jesus

Thank you!! The funny thing they're not even lawyers... They're notarios. Honestly, we should have been more careful, but since we've been together for almost 15 years we never in a million years thought that there could be a problem; and since some close family members recommended this people we blindly entered into this whole thing. One thing I learned, if when you're at the airport common sense tells you not to accept a suitcase or anything from someone that you don't even know the same principle applies when it comes to sensitive information like everything you put on those USCIS/HS forms. We just got it too late but with wonderful results. The sad part is that it doesn't work out for everyone in the same way, some people are scammed because of individuals like this. They promote themselves as being in bussiness for "20 years" but funny thing, they couldn't even read the proper amount from a paystub issued by the unemployment agency...

I have one question, on the USCIS webpage they updated the info but instead of "Conditional Residence" it reads "On December 14th we mailed you a notice that we have registered this customer's new permanent residence status..." Is the same Conditional Residence or was I given the permanent one? The lady said that it was the CR... Or is just the term for now being a resident and has nothing to do with being a PR? Thanks in advance! :star:

If she said it's the conditional GC than it probably is. I think that status is standard that they send to everyone :star:

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance:

Nov 6, 2012 N-400 mailed

Nov 7, 2012 N-400 delivered to Phoenix lockbox, signed by Arndt & case priority date

Nov 9, 2012 Case Touched, NOA date

Nov 13, 2012 Got text/e-mail with case number & the check was cashed :)

Nov 14, 2012 Case updated online to say biometrics apt. notice is on its way!

Nov 16, 2012 Received NOA & biometrics apt. letter

Nov 28, 2012 Biometrics apt.

Jan 4, 2013 In line for interview!

Jan 5, 2013 Scheduled for interview!

Jan 10, 2013 Received interview letter

Jan 19, 2013 Received yellow letter dated 1/16 asking me to bring more passport pics to the interview

Feb 11, 2013 Interview

Mar 8, 2013 Got an online update - oath scheduled!

Mar 13, 2013 Oath letter received

Mar 22, 2013 Oath! Officially an American citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

it is based on the age of your marriage when you status was approved... less than two years = 2 yr conditional, more than two year = 10 yr card

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.