JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husbands case was one of those that was completed today after going to review on april 19th.He recieved a letter from Elliot cook(uscis field office) saying that after reviewing his case ,there is no need to deny him a visa and he should contact the Dept of State for immediate issuance of his visa and that the case is now complete and closed.My husband was asked at his interview back in december 2009 to send his passport and provide additional documents which he did.So at the moment he neeeds to figure out where his passport is maybe at the embassy in london,not sure ,but we need to make a few phone calls tomorrow.Its been a terrible long journey for me and our 2 kids but its come to an end and i hope and pray to ST.Jude and St Mary all the saints(being a catholic) and to our Lord for everyone else waiting to hear news on their spouse esp JustJ and Andrew and Tracy ,I hope this nightmare ends for you too soon,It really is all in Gods hands.God bless you all. !

My husbands case was one of those that was completed today after going to review on april 19th.He recieved a letter from Elliot cook(uscis field office) saying that after reviewing his case ,there is no need to deny him a visa and he should contact the Dept of State for immediate issuance of his visa and that the case is now complete and closed.My husband was asked at his interview back in december 2009 to send his passport and provide additional documents which he did.So at the moment he neeeds to figure out where his passport is maybe at the embassy in london,not sure ,but we need to make a few phone calls tomorrow.Its been a terrible long journey for me and our 2 kids but its come to an end and i hope and pray to ST.Jude and St Mary all the saints(being a catholic) and to our Lord for everyone else waiting to hear news on their spouse esp JustJ and Andrew and Tracy ,I hope this nightmare ends for you too soon,It really is all in Gods hands.God bless you all. !

Congratulations jnurse68 - what a relief this must be for you indeed!!! :) Can I ask when you husband received his letter? Trying to get a handle on how this process works. I hope you are able to locate your husband's passport soon (should be at the Embassy) and he is able to get his visa quickly. Please keep in touch with us and let us know when you husband receives his passport with the much sought after visa in it. :thumbs: Thanks so much for your kind words - I can't wait for the day that we too will be able post good news. Please keep us in your prayers and again much congratulations and best wishes for a wonderful life. (L)

Traci

event.png

Timeline

Congratulations jnurse68 - what a relief this must be for you indeed!!! :) Can I ask when you husband received his letter? Trying to get a handle on how this process works. I hope you are able to locate your husband's passport soon (should be at the Embassy) and he is able to get his visa quickly. Please keep in touch with us and let us know when you husband receives his passport with the much sought after visa in it. :thumbs: Thanks so much for your kind words - I can't wait for the day that we too will be able post good news. Please keep us in your prayers and again much congratulations and best wishes for a wonderful life. (L)

Traci

Thank you Traci.My husband recieved the letter today,26TH May.I checked the site at 12 noon california time and called him in london he had just come home from work and he hadnt even checked his mail!! so i told him to go check and there it was.Our case was completed on monday 24th may and posted onto the waiver list site today 26th.The letter stated that they had sent an approval notice/letter to the DOS on May 24th for them to issue a visa immediately.They had requested for his passport 6 months ago at the time when they requested additional information(my decree fromm my 1st marriage)and a hardship letter from me.At the time i wrote the hardship letter i had no idea what to write so i spoke from the heart only one page just stressing the fact that i found it overwhelming raising our 2 kids alone and how my kids cried every night ,i was practically begging whoever read the letter to have mercy...can you believe begging for mercy from a fellow human being? but beg I did and mailed it along with my decree.Its been LONG and HARD for us but we prayed a lot(I filed for the I-130 NOV 2006).I hope he gets to hear from the DOS or gets some info and hopefully no delays like C2C had.I continue to pray for you Traci and Andrew and JustJ and treehugger,Johnny Quest and everybody else who is waiting I wont stop till we all get the news we want to hear.Its such a terrible dark place to be ,not knowing,if only they knew what its doing to peoples lives...

Thank you Traci.My husband recieved the letter today,26TH May.I checked the site at 12 noon california time and called him in london he had just come home from work and he hadnt even checked his mail!! so i told him to go check and there it was.Our case was completed on monday 24th may and posted onto the waiver list site today 26th.The letter stated that they had sent an approval notice/letter to the DOS on May 24th for them to issue a visa immediately.They had requested for his passport 6 months ago at the time when they requested additional information(my decree fromm my 1st marriage)and a hardship letter from me.At the time i wrote the hardship letter i had no idea what to write so i spoke from the heart only one page just stressing the fact that i found it overwhelming raising our 2 kids alone and how my kids cried every night ,i was practically begging whoever read the letter to have mercy...can you believe begging for mercy from a fellow human being? but beg I did and mailed it along with my decree.Its been LONG and HARD for us but we prayed a lot(I filed for the I-130 NOV 2006).I hope he gets to hear from the DOS or gets some info and hopefully no delays like C2C had.I continue to pray for you Traci and Andrew and JustJ and treehugger,Johnny Quest and everybody else who is waiting I wont stop till we all get the news we want to hear.Its such a terrible dark place to be ,not knowing,if only they knew what its doing to peoples lives...

Thanks so much for the information jnurse68 - Gosh I thought Andrew and I had been involved in this immigration nightmare for a long time!! :bonk: You are a year longer than us - we started with the K1 December of 2007 and ended up filing our K3 December of 2008. I am so happy for you and your family. You spoke from your heart - if that isn't enough to convince someone than I don't know what is...but you're right, unbelieveable that we must beg for mercy to be with our loved ones...You have given me hope that our case may come to a close soon, as well as everyone else's. Kiss and hug your darlings -Daddy will be with them soon (L) -what a wonderful feeling that must be for you!! Thank you again for sharing you good news with us and for answering my question. Take care jnurse68 - Here's to a short wait for you!!! :thumbs:

Traci

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Congratulations, jnurse. I'm trying to picture that joyous moment when you're all reunited. What a moment that will be.

I wish you and your family a blessed life together. :dance:

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Timeline

Congratulations, jnurse. I'm trying to picture that joyous moment when you're all reunited. What a moment that will be.

I wish you and your family a blessed life together. :dance:

Thank you JustJ and Traci,I know youll hear good news soon too at least both your cases are under review,next step,completion!

Timeline

Thank you JustJ and Traci,I know youll hear good news soon too at least both your cases are under review,next step,completion!

Does anyone by any chance know the number to the dept of state,my husband says he has been trying to call all day but the line has a busy signal everytime.I wonder if he has the right #.he has the 0904 245 0100.Any ideas will be much appreciated.Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

Hello my husband's case and I-601 waiver won't be going to London, but can I hang around here for support? :blush:

7/12/2008 Filed I-130.

3/1/2010 Initiated Payment of IV Processing Fee says "IN PROCESS".

3/9/2010 IV Processing Fee says "PAID".

3/23/2010 DS-230 and civil documents FedExed to NVC.(should arrive 10:30 3/24)

3/24/2010 DS-230 and civil docs received by NVC. Signed by K. StLaurent.

04/05/2010 Case complete @ NVC according to AVR. Sign In Failed.

5/12/2010 Hubby's Going to get Medical Exam done.

5/13/2010 Med Exam should be completed and picked up.

5/14/2010 Our son and I are meeting Hubby in Barbados.

05/18/2010 Interview date. :( No yes, but no no either!

05/25/2010 I DHL'ed the I-160 waiver, hardship letter, I-864, and supporting documents to Barbados Embassy.

05/27/2010 Requested Documents DELIVERED to US Embassy in Barbados.

--/--/---- Documents (I-601 Waiver and Hardship Letter) DELIVERED to Homeland Security in Santo Domingo.

--/--/---- I-601 APPROVED...hopefully.

--/--/---- I received the approval letter.

--/--/---- US Embassy in Barbados request passport be sent to send back with visa.

--/--/---- Hubby receives VISA

--/--/---- POE.

event.png

event.png

Does anyone by any chance know the number to the dept of state,my husband says he has been trying to call all day but the line has a busy signal everytime.I wonder if he has the right #.he has the 0904 245 0100.Any ideas will be much appreciated.Thanks.

Hi jnurse68 - the DOS number for visa info (202) 663-1225.

Traci

event.png

Timeline

Hello my husband's case and I-601 waiver won't be going to London, but can I hang around here for support? :blush:

Absolutely! I'm so sorry you need to, though. :(

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Hello WaitingforHubby,

You are more than welcome to hang out with us :yes: - We are here to help each other and offer as much support as we can. It doesn't matter that your case isn't at London - you're still unfortunately stuck waiting for a waiver - so sorry for that. It will be interesting to see how cases progress at other embassies. Take care.

Traci (waiting for Hubby Andrew)

event.png

Timeline

Hi jnurse68 - the DOS number for visa info (202) 663-1225.

Traci

Thanks Traci i did try that # and the lady told me once the case is complete i would have to contact the london embassy and she gave me their website and told me to email them.I will send an email to see what the next step is.Thank you again.

Timeline

I had some news yesterday and didn't want to distract the thread from jnurse's good news.

What a whirlwind. You may recall that a week ago, we were beside ourselves because we were told our case was at the Dublin Visa Unit. Then the list changed and we had no completion on the list, so we were confused. I called DOS & they showed no record of the file being transferred to the visa unit. So my husband worked up the nerve to call Dublin Visa Unit and was told that the file was sent back and that something was missing. He was told that it would be "months" before the matter was fixed. You can imagine how my insides fell onto my shoes.

So my husband asked what was missing, and the lady said she'd have to go through the file, which was on her desk, and call him that day to let him know what we had to provide. She never called. I was so worked up that I had to leave work. I couldn't stop sobbing, and I was really distracting everybody. The last thing I need is to lose my job. So I took a personal day and cried all day & all night.

This morning, since my husband had not heard back, he called again. The woman told him that she had made a mistake. Our file was never sent back from London. She had confused our file with another. Say it with me: "HOLY (insert word of your choice)!" Talk about a roller coaster ride!

My friends and family are furious over the mix-up. I'm not. In fact, I'm just happy to learn that it's still in London. I've never been happier to see our case number on that stupid list. And you will not hear me complain about it again, because I'm just darned glad that we're there and not back in Dublin! :lol:

Jeepers, what an unbelievable emotional ride..... :wow:

Edited by JustJ

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.