JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

Hi

I have just finished adding a few extra touches to the Waiver Spreadsheet.

1 - I have added a section on the right hand side that shows how many cases were completed on a month by month basis.

2 - Above the monthly completed cases section is the new monthly average figure, currently at 5.63 Cases per Month.

3 - I have added a section below this on the right hand side of the spreadsheet showing how many days it has been for the longest completed & Under review cases.

4 - Extended the spreadsheet down further to incorporate the extra pending cases that are being added weekly,(After all I expected to be completed by now).

I hope you find these changes helpful, if you have any ideas or want a feature added, please drop me a message and I will see if it is possible to add any of your feature requirements.

You can find a copy of the spreadsheet here > New I-601 & I-212 Waiver Spreadsheet

Regards

Andrew :thumbs:

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey guys, looks like some positive changes coming to the 601 process:

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_waivers_of_inadmissibility_recommendation.pdf

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks for sharing that, Julie.

IR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Met: 2004-07-12

Marriage : 2006-06-22

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-15

I-130 Approval : 2009-08-18

NVC Received : 2009-09-02

Paid AOS fee: 2009-09-07

Mailed AOS packet: 2009-10-08

Receive IV Bill : 2009-10-29

Pay IV Bill : 2009-10-29

Packet received: 2010-04-07

Packet lost in the mail: 2010-06-01

Packet resent: 2010-06-16

Packet delivered to NVC: 2010-06-22

Packet entered into NVC system: 2010-06-28

RFE: 2010-08-10

Documents received: 2010-08-18

Notice of Interview Date: 2010-09-13

Medical: 2010-10-19

Interview Date: 2010-10-26 - DENIED

I-601 Waiver Application Mailed: 2011-02-17

Receipt of Waiver Application Notice: 2011-02-23

I-601 Waiver APPROVAL Notice: 2011-10-10

Passport returned with visa attached: 2012-01-24

Move to USA: 2012-02-29!

Timeline

Julie what's going on at your end? What did the new lawyer say? How are you, the Irishman and your Mum? (F)

Aw, Tree, thanks for asking.

The lawyer has hope that we can appeal successfully. I'm too afraid to hope because we all know where THAT got me. I have to say, though, this attorney has spent more time answering my questions in a few days than my last lawyer did throughout the entire process to this point. I am sending his retainer tomorrow, and we shall go from there.

In the meantime, I now need knee surgery on my right knee, and a brace on my left. Mom needs a total knee replacement. She can hardly go from the couch to her kitchen. I've been cooking her suppers nearly every night. We have the same orthopedist which at least saves on gas. :lol: I gotta look at the bright side, right? :luv:

The Irishman (hereinafter referred to as America's #1 Security Threat) found a few days' work, so that was a mighty welcome relief. He had to walk 13 miles to get to it, but hey, he was glad to do it because there was money at the end of it. :thumbs: First work America's #1 Security Threat found in AGES. :rofl: Sorry, sarcasm keeps me peppy. :D

I'm getting the house ready to sell. If our appeal goes to the AAO, it'll take at least 27 months for a decision, and the upkeep on this massive house will do me in. I have a realtor coming Saturday to do a walk-through and tell me what I need to fix/freshen up. It's gonna be a chore with bad knees, but thankfully, I have friends who have offered to help where they can. If we don't hear anything by January, I'm going to assume we're headed to the AAO, and I'll list the house. I hate to do it, because this house would have been perfect for Mom to move into the other half and live semi-independently. And I love this place - but, it's just too much, and frankly, it's now a house of broken dreams. I don't want it anymore. I'll either sell the contents & get a small apartment, or just move in with Mom and pay her the rent.

I can't believe you're still stuck in AP, Tree. So stinking unfair.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Hi Everybody

It is such a shame that USCIS could not have updated us on any progress before the 4th of July as this creates another Monday holiday at the embassy in London, so I guess that as they did not update us this Friday just gone, that we will have to wait until Tuesday to Friday next week to find out if there has been any further progress.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy 4th July and that I hope you can still celebrate this day even with your loved ones so far away.

Anyway, it appears that there are changes being made to the I-601 process as JustJ highlighted, the movement of the PDF file to a different domain may be the first step in this re-organization, however it looks like they are going to centralize this process and make the Waiver applications track-able on a website along with other visas. The centralization of this project would remove the adjudication from the Embassy to the USA, possibly Washington, whereby they can maintain standards and uniformity as it is a bit of a hit and miss affair with Mis-rep charges etc, some get through and some do not? So maybe this will be a good thing for future I-601 filers and possibly us as well?

I will alert you as and when the file gets updated in the new location.

Take care and happy Independence Day !!

event.png

I am unsure if JustJ's link applies to waiver processing at any other consulate other than Ciudad Juarez.

And from reading other parts of this community, it sounds like several bits of information have been rearranged on the website of the London Consulate.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

I am unsure if JustJ's link applies to waiver processing at any other consulate other than Ciudad Juarez.

And from reading other parts of this community, it sounds like several bits of information have been rearranged on the website of the London Consulate.

Hi JohnnyQuest

I think that you will find that the Ombudsman's report covers all foreign USCIS offices, however the majority of the cases (I-601 & I-212) come from the CJD field office in Mexico, in fact 86% of all I-601's filed come from just this office, so the study was carried out based on this office but with a note to Congress to make this applicable to all field offices.

So they just chose the largest office to use for the study and then offered recommendations based on their finding from this office but with a view to role it out to all offices as the savings to both the US Tax payer and the time savings to the applicant are significant.

Here is a link to that document: Ombudsman's I-601 Report 2010

Please let me know if I am wrong in my assumptions.

Regards

Edited by Traci - Andrew

event.png

Hi JohnnyQuest

I think that you will find that the Ombudsman's report covers all foreign USCIS offices, however the majority of the cases (I-601 & I-212) come from the CJD field office in Mexico, in fact 86% of all I-601's filed come from just this office, so the study was carried out based on this office but with a note to Congress to make this applicable to all field offices.

So they just chose the largest office to use for the study and then offered recommendations based on their finding from this office but with a view to role it out to all offices as the savings to both the US Tax payer and the time savings to the applicant are significant.

Here is a link to that document: Ombudsman's I-601 Report 2010

Please let me know if I am wrong in my assumptions.

Regards

Hey Andrew, I have no idea if you are wrong. You'll note I stated that I am unsure if the link applies to any other consulate than CDJ.

The wording of the memo speaks to improvements or changes at CDJ. As you noted, that consulate deals with more waivers than any other. So it does make sense that system enhancements would first be applied there.

As to when that might occur at other consulates, I think we can safely speculate "who knows"?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Hi Everyone

Today 7th July 2010 the I-601 Waiver Status PDF File was Updated

The last update that we received was on Friday 25th June 2010 which was 12 days ago now, this update brings only the addition of 7 new UK & Ireland cases added to the Pending section, there was no other movement of cases to or from Under Review or Completed...

So the highlights of todays update are:

7 UK & Ireland based Cases in total were added to the "Pending" pile making a massive total of 54 UK and Ireland cases Pending!!

DBL2008 140 002 - DBL2009 604 002 - DBL2009 855 001 - LND2008 692 009 - LND2009 211 023 - LND2009 279 022 - LND2009 634 019

No cases were changed to Under Review which still leaves 8 UK based cases

No cases were completed either (NO MOVEMENT IN 19 DAYS), which means they have completed a total of 4 cases for the whole Month of June.

Well this was a good update for new Waiver filers but still no good for anyone already on the waiting list as Pending or Under Review. If your case number is above as a new case and you are on Visa Journey then please let me know your Case number and I will add VJ User and your Initials to the Spreadsheet.

Lets hope USCIS can update us again on Friday with some proper movement of cases rather than just adding a few to the list and calling that an update !!!.

As usual you can see these changes in my updated spreadsheet here > I-601 Status Update Spreadsheet 7th July 2010

Wishing you all the best for the next update.

Take care all..

event.png

Hi Everyone

Today is the 15th July 2010 and the I-601 Waiver Status PDF File was Updated at 12:34pm GMT

This is a massive update in comparison to previous updates, they have changed the status of 13 cases.

And our case has been completed in this update along with JNurse68's case, however we are still unaware of the decision made yet as we have no formal paperwork or contact from the USCIS? But I will update you all when we know and let you know of any hurdles we have to jump through to help anyone else in future.

So the highlights of todays update are:

3 UK & Ireland based Cases in total were added to the "Pending" pile making a massive total of 54 UK cases Pending!!

DBL2009 772 003 - LND2008 808 004 - LND2008 634 015

3 UK & Ireland based cases were added to Under Review from Pending which now leaves 5 UK based cases Under Review!!

LND2009 589 015 (Also Shown as Completed and *** Returned to DOS ***) - LND2009 549 013 - LND2009 042 063

7 UK & Ireland cases were completed which means that the USCIS have completed a total of 4 for the Month June and 7 so far for the Month of July.

LND2009 779 011 - LND2009 589 015 - LND2009 669 029 - LND2009 605 005 - LND2008 754 020 - LND2007 652 014 - LND2002 762 003

Well this was a great update for everyone today as the movement of cases was spread amongst New, Under Review and Completed but also a large amount compared to most other updates. If your case number is on the spreadsheet as either a new case or Pending case and you are on Visa Journey then please let me know your Case number and I will add VJ User and your Initials to the Spreadsheet.

Lets hope this is the beginning of the USCIS now starting to update us on a more regular basis and that they up their average cases per week figure from the 1.2 that they had a few weeks ago to the 1.4 that it stands at today continues.

As usual you can see these changes in my updated spreadsheet here > I-601 Status Update Spreadsheet 15th July 2010

Wishing you all the best for the next update and a great weekend with this fantastic hot weather we are enjoying in the UK with a bit of rain thrown in for pleasure.

Take care all..

event.png

Oh MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

praying for you two :luv:

hope we hear some good news!!!

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

our case has been completed in this update along with JNurse68's case, however we are still unaware of the decision made yet as we have no formal paperwork or contact from the USCIS? But I will update you all when we know and let you know of any hurdles we have to jump through to help anyone else in future.

Woohoo!! I hope to hear good things soon for everyone.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

OH MY WORD!!!!! Praying it's good news for our VJ pals! :thumbs:

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Woohoo!! I hope to hear good things soon for everyone.

Thanks Jewel lets hope it is a positive outcome.. but we will wait and see and not count our chickens until they have hatched (F)

Andrew

OH MY WORD!!!!! Praying it's good news for our VJ pals! :thumbs:

Thanks Julie

Keep those prayers coming (L)

Andrew

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.