JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

The list is for people who required a waiver in order to obtain a US visa, due to something that happened in their past. AP is extra processing for things like name checks, the validity of the relationship, etc etc. Unfortunately there is no AP list for London listed on their website for K1/CR1. I would highly recommend that you search member treehugger out, as she is also British and has been in AP for >16 weeks now. She can let you know about her experiences so far or you can check out her past posts. Sorry for your AP (F)

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Folks... what does that PDF actually track? Is it people who are have got a 221(g) or people who have a 221(g) and have subsequently applied for a waiver?

Aslo, how do the case numbers work? There are 11 numbers and no letters in them rather than the 10 numbers and 3 letters as so (LND 2008 801 002)? If you drop the 3 letters we are still 1 digit short.

Hi and welcome

First of all I will say that no one seems to know how to work out the new number scheme used by the USCIS, apparently they had two different systems and they have now merged them in to one system, or at least that is what I read somewhere, the old 13 digit case number scheme is easy to work out, just Goggle "USCIS Case number definition" and it will show you, however these new numbers are different.. All we know about these is the first 3 Letters are the Embassy ie LND = London, the next 4 digits are the Year that the application was opened, however the year runs from October to September so a case that was started in November 2008 would have a 2009 year applied to it, as for the other two lots of 3 digits we do not know?

221(g) is Administrative Processing AKA the "Black hole", people on here like Treehugger are currently in this position, you can end up in AP for many reasons and the USCIS do not have to explain exactly why or how long it will take, hence the fact they do not publish a list like they do for the I-601 Waivers that they produce their PDF file and I then turn it in to a spreadsheet to make it track-able.

I have a of question for you.

You have stated in your Time-line that you are in AP, yet you also have a fixed date of getting married? How do you know that the AP process will be over before this date?

If you have no past criminal issues, then you should be able to get your K1 with little problem, however if you have ever committed a CIMT (Crime Involving Moral Turpitude) in the past then you may have to go the I-601 route, as this is what most of the people that require I-601 waivers are on here for from my experience, well that and also getting slapped with a Mis-rep charge if they have traveled to the USA on the VWP without saying YES to the box that asks if you have ever committed a CIMT.

Please let us know how you get on and I hope for your sake the AP goes through quickly so you can get married on you planned date... As I know it did not work out that way for us...

Take care

Andrew :thumbs:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have a of question for you.

You have stated in your Time-line that you are in AP, yet you also have a fixed date of getting married? How do you know that the AP process will be over before this date?

I don't. :( ...and if it's not then we will have 'some' reorganizing to do. :help:

If you have no past criminal issues, then you should be able to get your K1 with little problem, however if you have ever committed a CIMT (Crime Involving Moral Turpitude) in the past then you may have to go the I-601 route, as this is what most of the people that require I-601 waivers are on here for from my experience, well that and also getting slapped with a Mis-rep charge if they have traveled to the USA on the VWP without saying YES to the box that asks if you have ever committed a CIMT.

The only 'criminal past' that i have (that i know of) is a speeding ticket :hehe: and that (from what i can read) isn't a CIMT.

Edited by arwilson80

1990(-ish): Family Holiday to FL. Met Nicole & family.

1990(-ish) - 1992(-ish): A few return visits

08-09/2007: Go back to FL. Meet with 'the folks' & Accept that we both 'like' each other & start dating.

02/2008 - Present: ...go back to FL again a few times.

09/2009: Propose and she says 'Yes'! :D

11/06/2009: I-129F posted to VSC

11/07/2009: I-129F received at VSC

11/09/2009: NOA1

11/13/2009: Touch

12/2009: ...back to FL once again

03/08/2010: Touch & NOA2 (119 Days)

03/11/2010: NVC have my case

03/12/2010: NVC incorrectly assigned & dispatched case to Dublin, not London!

03/18/2010: Package arrived in Dublin

03/19/2010: Ring Dublin and get case transferred to London

04/01/2010: London Sent 'P3'

04/03/2010: I Received 'P3'

04/14/2010: 'P3' sent back to embassy

04/16/2010: 'P3' recieved at embassy

04/29/2010: Medical - Passed

06/17/2010: Interview - In AP (220 Days)

08/17/2010: AP Finished - Approved

event.png

event.png

I don't. :( ...and if it's not then we will have 'some' reorganizing to do. :help:

The only 'criminal past' that i have (that i know of) is a speeding ticket :hehe: and that (from what i can read) isn't a CIMT.

I wish I was as lucky in life as you :innocent::thumbs:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wish I was as lucky in life as you :innocent::thumbs:

Me... Lucky... :lol:

Every time i'm planning stuff and it's going well and there should be no issues there always is... and they all 'land on me' together. :(

1990(-ish): Family Holiday to FL. Met Nicole & family.

1990(-ish) - 1992(-ish): A few return visits

08-09/2007: Go back to FL. Meet with 'the folks' & Accept that we both 'like' each other & start dating.

02/2008 - Present: ...go back to FL again a few times.

09/2009: Propose and she says 'Yes'! :D

11/06/2009: I-129F posted to VSC

11/07/2009: I-129F received at VSC

11/09/2009: NOA1

11/13/2009: Touch

12/2009: ...back to FL once again

03/08/2010: Touch & NOA2 (119 Days)

03/11/2010: NVC have my case

03/12/2010: NVC incorrectly assigned & dispatched case to Dublin, not London!

03/18/2010: Package arrived in Dublin

03/19/2010: Ring Dublin and get case transferred to London

04/01/2010: London Sent 'P3'

04/03/2010: I Received 'P3'

04/14/2010: 'P3' sent back to embassy

04/16/2010: 'P3' recieved at embassy

04/29/2010: Medical - Passed

06/17/2010: Interview - In AP (220 Days)

08/17/2010: AP Finished - Approved

event.png

event.png

I would highly recommend that you search member treehugger out, as she is also British and has been in AP for >16 weeks now. She can let you know about her experiences so far or you can check out her past posts. Sorry for your AP (F)

17 weeks today, 4 months tomorrow...and I'm still here!! If only it were those damn passport photos :P

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

He never overstayed by even a day. We were careful to make sure he was out on time, because we knew that was our responsibility. In their own decision, they quote his entry dates, there's not 6 months between any of them.

Hi julie, I cannot tell you how upset I was to hear of your bad news, especially as I had been so fortunate with my case - it could have gone another way - and I wished with everything I had that you all could get good news and soon, I am happy to see that you've got another lawyer and are going to keep on with your case, and I hope he is the right man for the job, I told my fiance who said that your congressman is quite a powerful man and should be kept up with also as you have an ongoing thing with his office and they really can make a difference, (even though they got your information wrong sometimes). It would seem that USCIS also got your facts wrong with the overstay issue and hopefully when that is cleared up it may pave the way for a total re-think with a better decision. Keep your head up and have faith, it HAS to work out one day :)

Hi

Ok it has been a week now since the USCIS updated us last time, so lets all hope they send out an update today to at least make them weekly and not the fortnightly or three weekly that they did just recently.

So lets all hope that they update us today, with some positive moves would also be nice.

Take care

Andrew

event.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

Ok it has been a week now since the USCIS updated us last time, so lets all hope they send out an update today to at least make them weekly and not the fortnightly or three weekly that they did just recently.

So lets all hope that they update us today, with some positive moves would also be nice.

Take care

Andrew

Andrew - check http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/dhs/i601_status-web.pdf

They updated the list on Wednesday, and added some information regarding what cases they are deailing with, based on the date they received them (currently Feb 23rd).

JustJ said that they've incorperated I-212's on the list now as well.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Keep your head up and have faith, it HAS to work out one day :)

Thanks, C2C. I used to think that the wait was the worst thing ever. I was wrong.

The overstay thing was a mistake on the part of USCIS. They issued an amended denial & denied us for CIMT & misrep. I don't know if we have any hope at all, but I guess we're going to try it. That denial was harsh - the words are stuck in my brain, and I could nearly quote it word-for-word. I pray none of you ever experience this.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Andrew - check http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/dhs/i601_status-web.pdf

They updated the list on Wednesday, and added some information regarding what cases they are deailing with, based on the date they received them (currently Feb 23rd).

JustJ said that they've incorperated I-212's on the list now as well.

Hi TexasBantam

Thanks for the link, I have checked it out and your right it has been updated, however the normal PDF file that I have been monitoring has not been updated? can you let me know how you managed to get to this link, as the other one I use is directly off of the US Embassy site in London, if you could let me know the page you go to to get to this link I can make sure I monitor this as well as my normal PDF file.

Also I have looked at whatever changes there are between the two different PDF files, it seems that we have a lot more Pending cases on the new PDF file, this may indicate the extra I-212's that it says it incorporates.

Anyway I will update the spreadsheet to incorporate the changes later tonight when i have time and then i will publish the changes here.

Thanks again for your help and please do not forget to send me the link.

Regards

Andrew

event.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Andrew I really don't know - if you look at my post from Wednesday, I asked where the list had gone (i posted on IM2US too), as when i clicked my usual bookmarked link it just took me to the US Embassy website, telling me that the webpage i was after was no longer available - just a 404 error.

JustJ was kind enough to tell me where it was - perhaps she knows ? I don't know where she found it - can you help JustJ?

This happened at some point on Wednesday, overnight I think. That night i'd slept really badly so ended up trying to check it at about 4am UK time.

I hope you can link this in to your extremly useful spreadsheet, i'm lost without it!

Let me know how you get on,

Anthony.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I found the link on the London Embassy page:

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/ivwaiver.html

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Thanks, C2C. I used to think that the wait was the worst thing ever. I was wrong.

The overstay thing was a mistake on the part of USCIS. They issued an amended denial & denied us for CIMT & misrep. I don't know if we have any hope at all, but I guess we're going to try it. That denial was harsh - the words are stuck in my brain, and I could nearly quote it word-for-word. I pray none of you ever experience this.

My heart goes out to you Julie, but please think about what I said regarding your congressman, keep on him hard, in a dire case like this he really can make a difference, load him up on your traumatic situation and dont let up, I think he's probably your best bet right now, :yes: I'm wishing you all the best of Good Luck and try to stay positive (F) Edited by city2countrygirl

Hi Everyone

Today 25th June 2010 the I-601 Waiver Status PDF File was Updated

I would have missed this update if it was not for TexasBantam & JustJ for being eagle eyed and spotted that the actual location for the Update PDF file had now changed, my software would have missed any further updates, however my software is now reconfigured for the new link & home of the I-601 & I-212's Updates so we are back in business:

It used to be located at: "http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/forms/i601_status-web.pdf" OLD LINK > http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/forms/i601_status-web.pdf

But for some strange reason it is now located at: "http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/dhs/i601_status-web.pdf" NEW LINK > http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/dhs/i601_status-web.pdf

The last update that we received was on Friday 18th June 2010 which was 7 days ago now and this update not only brings a slightly newer format by stating that it is including I-212's but also the addition of 11 new UK cases added to the Pending section, there was no other movement of cases to or from Under Review or Completed... One extra new Pending cases was Scandinavian which we do not cover in this spreadsheet.

So the highlights of todays update are:

11 UK based Cases in total were added to the "Pending" pile making a massive total of 49 UK cases Pending!!

LND2006 572 024 - LND2008 621 026 - LND2008 713 006 - LND2008 846 014 - LND2009 091 052 - LND2009 589 006 - LND2009 631 008 - LND2009 690 016 - LND2009 801 009 - LND2009 834 002 - LND2009 885 028

No cases were changed to Under Review which still leaves 8 UK based cases including mine (Nudge Nudge Wink Wink)

No cases were completed either, which means that if no more cases are completed this month the USCIS will have completed a total of 4 for the Month June.

Well this was a great update for new Waiver filers but not good for anyone already on the waiting list as Pending or Under Review. If your case number is above as a new case and you are on Visa Journey then please let me know your Case number and I will add VJ User and your Initials to the Spreadsheet.

Lets hope this is the beginning of the USCIS now starting to update us on a more regular basis and up their average cases per week figure from the 1.3 at which it currently stands .

As usual you can see these changes in my updated spreadsheet here > I-601 Status Update Spreadsheet 25th June 2010

Wishing you all the best for the next update and a great weekend with this fantastic hot weather we are having in the UK.

Take care all.. :thumbs:

Andrew

Edited by Traci - Andrew

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.