JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm sorry, guys. You are not going to believe this.

We are DENIED.

I will explain as soon as I can see straight. Basically, there was a miscommunication between the Congressman's office & Washington. I have the actual letter in my hand, and yes, we were denied and charged with misrep.

I'm beyond distraught.

Can your mother move over with you if it comes to that?

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Can your mother move over with you if it comes to that?

There is a visa (in the UK) for relatives who are dependent upon the immigrant. You have to prove they would not be able to make it on their own if they were left behind.

No such provision exists under US immigration law.

*edited to add that I forgot the OP's husband is in the Republic*

Edited by JohnnyQuest

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Any appeal based on the further evidence you mailed over a few days ago?

I cannot believe this is happening... (F)

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are DENIED.

I will explain as soon as I can see straight. Basically, there was a miscommunication between the Congressman's office & Washington. I have the actual letter in my hand, and yes, we were denied and charged with misrep.

I'm beyond distraught.

My jaw DROPPED...! #######?? pardon the text language...but..ya....thats just #######! If it were me, i'd take my life by the ear and hike on up to bloody Ireland...OMG.

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Hi Julie

I can not understand the amount of confusion there has been over your case, both now and before when they said your case was sent back to Ireland?

What on earth are they on? You must be able to appeal even on the grounds of your new medical evidence and the fact that they have screwed up twice when they released info about your case incorrectly.

Anyway try and remain calm and see if you can resubmit or appeal the decision as a misrep for ticking the no box on the visa waiver form when asking have you ever comitted a crime involving moral turpitude is regularly overturned with a strong enough I-601Extreme hardship waiver.

I am so so sorry to hear of their denial decision and so pleased fir you when we all thought it was an approval.

It may take longer but if you can hang on in there and take the next step of appeal or resubmitting the waiver then it may end up being approved next time, just look at JohnnyQuest for persistance.

Anyway my heart goes out to both of you and hope you carry on and don't give up.

Take care

Andrew

event.png

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are DENIED.

I'm beyond distraught.

Words cannot begin to describe how i feel JustJ.Its so terribly unfair,so wrong ,so unjust from every point of view,I am so sorry.But Andrew is right Reappeal or better Re submit with the extra evidence you had just recently sent in,please dont give up after all these years ,stay strong and fight your case.

The 15th June 2010 Error list

Hi, I have noticed a few errors and anomalies whilst updating the spreadsheet this morning, they are listed below.

1 - LND2009 779 011 is now "Under Review" when on the last update on 26th May 2010 it was "Completed" ? I can only guess that this case was completed as denied and then re-submitted or under appeal..

(If anyone knows about this case, please either message me direct or post some details on this thread)

2 - LND2009 605 005 is listed as "Under Review" and under "Pending" on the same update ? I can only assume that they moved this case to "Under Review" and forgot to delete it under "Pending"

3 - LND2009 744 048 is listed as "Completed" and under "Pending" on the same update ? I can only assume that they moved this case to "Completed" and forgot to delete it under "Pending"

This is all I have found at the moment, it looks like the update that took 20 days to release was rushed, as these errors prove, but why could they not update us a week ago on the 8th June 2010 when they moved the 3 cases to completed? why wait another week and move nothing else?

Taking the above in to account if I correctly assume I am right in my assumptions then the new "Pending" total is not 39 as I promoted before but 37.. I apologies for my mistake :whistle:

All conspiracy theory's accepted. (no movement in our case either.. Damn, it has been 31 weeks now since we were listed on this waiver list)

Take Care

Andrew :thumbs:

event.png

Timeline

I can only imagine what julie's going through, i'd have no hair left on my head! I sure hope she has people over there to lean on or just cry on, i dont know..thats just pure ####### the whole thing...sure hope there's some sort of resolution for her and everyone here. (F)

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks, everybody. It's 3 am here and I've only stopped vomiting. My eyes are swollen shut and feel like I have glass in them.

Basically, they took all of my very real medical issues, and to each one, they dismissed them. I had letters from my physicians attached along with the medical recods. They just waved them away.

They took the part about my mother, where I listed all of her health issues and needs, and my need to stay and care for her, including a letter from her doctor stating that very thing, that I NEED to stay and care for her and that my husband is needed to assist me, and answered it with: your mom's not a qualifying relative, so we don't care about her.

They even used a traffic ticket from 2 years ago - said it shows his disregard for the law.

The bottom line is - they don't want him in. EVER. And so tonight, I sit in the dark alone except for my old pal, Hopelessness. Honestly, I'm fighting for my life, as I just want to die.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

you have all my thoughts and prayers--David's too. I can't say anything to help except that your life is worth living and fighting for (F)

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

It doesn't feel like it right now. I am faced with an impossible dilemma.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Timeline

You know what, with all due respect, i'd hike mine and my lovely mothers butt up to Ireland, plain and simple. To heck with it. Easy. Focus your energy on getting up there and stick your tongue out while you leave this place! But thats just me.

Keep your chin up missy!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Indeed it is an impossible dilema,you love your mom and you are her main carer and you love your husband and want to be with him and start a life with him.It might be a good idea to give it a few days to think about everything get it all into perspective,hard to choose one over the other.If you move to dublin will your mom be able to cope with migrating to a new country and starting over with her health?What about resubmitting the waiver which apparently is more successful and quicker than an appeal?Is there someone you can talk to ,who you trust who can help with ideas so you can come to the very best solution for all 3 of you?Maybe just visit hubby briefly soon to talk about everything seeing him will definitely make you feel better.

Hi everyone

We have all been shocked by the news of JustJ's case recently, with the roller coaster ride of up's and down's that she and her husband have had to endure. I would just like to state that based on all the info that JustJ has posted on this Thread that she started, that this denial outcome was likely due to the Misrep that she was unsure about on her early posts, these things do not disappear or go away, but can be overcome.

What we must all realize is that the Embassy and the USCIS are all in place to do one job, that is to keep aliens out of the USA, however due to certain reciprocal arrangements between countries they will have to let some in that qualify and meet the strict criteria laid down by the US government in the INA handbook.

So what this means to all of us trying to gain entry in to the US and for those US citizens that are trying to bring their loved ones to the USA, is that we have to be careful, now that means dotting the I's and crossing the T's and making sure that we do not give up any more information than what is required to get the Visa. The USCIS will use whatever you say against you, if you are too honest, do not think for a moment that they will sympathize with you or try and help you in any way shape or form... That is not there job, they have to find ways of stopping us from gaining entry by using any legal means possible.

My immigration lawyer told me once, that if you send in a form for a K1 or K3 and it contains 5 mistakes, the Embassy or USCIS will send the form back to you and highlight the first mistake they come across, you will then correct that mistake and resubmit it however again it will be rejected and returned for the next mistake and sent back again, this is to make the process drag out and hopefully make you change your mind because of the time it is taking or even break the relationship due to the problems or time it all takes. They could make life easy for us by highlighting all 5 mistakes and sending it back, but this would speed up the process and make it easier and quicker to obtain the Visa, this is why I employed the skills of a professional, as I can not afford to take chances with my life or my relationship and even if using a lawyer improves my chances by 5% it is worth doing, there are no guarantees so try and improve your chances where possible.

I read another article that stated that if you have been denied an I-601 waiver that you can appeal it, however rarely is the original decision overturned, so it is recommended that you resubmit a new I-601 Waiver package to cover the reason for the denial as well as any other reasons you had to do a waiver for in the first place, whether it be for CIMT's or Misrep. But the article also stated that the Embassy can sometimes tell you that you can not submit an I-601 waiver without going through the entire Visa process again.. this is a load of rubbish, you can resubmit a new waiver within 30 days of being denied and if the Embassy say no, the DOS will back you up as they will enforce the rules against the Embassy.

So to sum up my rantings above, I am saying that do not expect any assistance or help from the Embassy or USCIS, always seek professional help with a waiver for the best possible chance and never offer any more information to the Embassy or USCIS than required to answer whatever questions, in this situation honesty does not always pay !! although I am not telling anyone to lie either.

Just remember that over the visa period that you are on here you will make friends that will support you when required and celebrate with you if possible, we are all in the same boat on the same journey, so do not think that you are on your own, help is just a web page away or an email away.

I hope this helps some new people joining the waiver program as well as JustJ, as I feel from the info that I have read that JustJ and her husband still have a chance in their quest for a Visa approval if they get an extreme hardship waiver prepared by a lawyer to cover the denial and the other issues and resubmit it within 30 days..

Take care all

Andrew :thumbs:

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.